Penn State 15 Michigan 24 F

golfaddict1

8 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I fixed your post for you, but hell, I didn't know this might be on the table.  At least we can agree on a couple of things.  He's done a good job with the Bruins, and lord knows you need someone like him.  Your D is single handedly dragging down the reputation of the entire conference.  Everybody's last memory of the PAC 12 will be USC giving up the real estate... 

But, should be a good game this weekend.  Wish you'd kept the Grinch around for it.

Besides my infatuation with the Wolverines unis as a kid (the helmet was the clincher), I never paid much attention to unis until a year or so ago when a friend of mine was ripping some MLB jerseys looking like a softball league special.  :) 

I’ve advanced to answering poll questions on uniforms CFB and NFL from unis theme based sources on Twitter (X).  :) 

To my point.  😂 UCLA and USC unis match, classic and ideal.  👍🏻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Doesn’t get any better than this. 

IMG_7365.jpeg

Im not a fan of both teams wearing home/dark unis. But this is the one exception I do like.

If I remember correctly the NCAA had a ridiculous rule in the early 80’s that visiting teams had to wear white unis and that is what ended this tradition until a few years ago. Teams like LSU and Georgia Tech who traditionally wore white at home had to go to dark uniforms at home in the later 80’s-90’s.

USC and UCLA both used to play in the Colosseum in considered the rivalry game a home game that ended when the Bruins moved to the Rose Bowl. Pete Carroll and Rick Neuhisel brought agreed to bring the tradition back.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Im not a fan of both teams wearing home/dark unis. But this is the one exception I do like.

If I remember correctly the NCAA had a ridiculous rule in the early 80’s that visiting teams had to wear white unis and that is what ended this tradition until a few years ago. Teams like LSU and Georgia Tech who traditionally wore white at home had to go to dark uniforms at home in the later 80’s-90’s.

USC and UCLA both used to play in the Colosseum in considered the rivalry game a home game that ended when the Bruins moved to the Rose Bowl. Pete Carroll and Rick Neuhisel brought agreed to bring the tradition back.

I always dug this rivalry.  
Not remotely close to the one upcoming in Ann Arbor for me of course, but old school and tradition, I’m always all in.  

I’m not sure how the NCAA and NFL handle home team choice and allowance.  I assume the home team chooses and then fashion rules apply I suppose for NCAA and NFL rules.

Maybe the home team can even veto a road team offer? Would be interesting to know.  

@steeler01 any idea?  

On 11/11/2023 at 9:48 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Daniels over 200 yards on just 10 completions last check.   Save your best chant for tomorrow.  😊

@954gator dang.  400+ and it’s not the 4th yet.  :( Shit, still 10 and change in 3rd!   10.3 avg per play last check.  

Damn shame is what it is man.  it's the same story everytime.   The year a new coach starts finally making recruiting strides is the year things fall apart.  Class implodes, coach on hot seat, rinse repeat.    Gators had Dalvin Cook committed for like a year way back  before we went on bender.   We'll see if this guy can hold this class together.  

It's totally like UF to go cheap and hire a 30ish yr old D coordinator also SMH.   

• Like 1

It’s about 5 1/2 hours until kickoff for Colorado at Washington State.  Will Coach Subprime and Bling-Bling Junior fall to 1-7 in their last 8, or will they halt their losing streak?  Other than folks who can’t stand Subprime, does anyone care?  ; )

Not even through his first season at CU, and Deion is already irrelevant.  Too funny.

Personally, I would love to see CU get clobbered in their last two games, so maybe we’d never have to hear from the jackass Deion again.

Good times.

TD Wazzu.   42-7 with under a minute to go in the first half.  LOL.  Coach Subprime looks like a clueless buffoon on the sideline — just staring like a lost sheep.   Hahaha.  Guess the freaking clown shouldn’t have run off half the team.

WSU has been mediocre all year at 4-6, but CU is so horrible that WSU looks like a playoff team tonight.  

CU is BAD — really, really bad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 6:48 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Fight on! It would be a shame if your new DC came over to the good side! 

@HurricaneNick

Shit....Not yet final, but looks like you were right.  Here's the link:

https://theathletic.com/5105922/2023/12/01/usc-lynn-ucla-defensive-coordinator/

I suspect the story might be behind a paywall, so here's the summary:  USC to double Lynn's salary to $2M/year plus a $500,000 housing stipend.

Must be nice to have fUSC money...The line that most twists the knife can be found in the comments section: "We get a good DC and screw UCLA at the same time?  Best Christmas ever." 😀

So now my Bruins enter the B1G without Latu, without their DC, and without their 5 Star QB (although I don't know what to make of him).  They'll be lucky to hang with the likes of Rutgers and Indiana...

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@HurricaneNick

Shit....Not yet final, but looks like you were right.  Here's the link:

https://theathletic.com/5105922/2023/12/01/usc-lynn-ucla-defensive-coordinator/

I suspect the story might be behind a paywall, so here's the summary:  USC to double Lynn's salary to $2M/year plus a $500,000 housing stipend.

Must be nice to have fUSC money...The line that most twists the knife can be found in the comments section: "We get a good DC and screw UCLA at the same time?  Best Christmas ever." 😀

So now my Bruins enter the B1G without Latu, without their DC, and without their 5 Star QB (although I don't know what to make of him).  They'll be lucky to hang with the likes of Rutgers and Indiana...

I love the hire! I think UCLA will be fine, but that schedule is tough. So is USC’s. May be a tough year for the LA schools next season. I think Chip will find another solid DC. Hoping Lynn has the same success at USC because he’s inheriting a dumpster fire on that side of the ball 🤣

22 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I love the hire! I think UCLA will be fine, but that schedule is tough. So is USC’s. May be a tough year for the LA schools next season. I think Chip will find another solid DC. Hoping Lynn has the same success at USC because he’s inheriting a dumpster fire on that side of the ball 🤣

I think you guys need a QB, so be sure to save some portal money for that too...oh who am I kidding?  This is SC we're talking about...Let the bidding begin!