Who is going to reign in the trinity league

Sammyswordsman

12 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Last two times SJB faced MD in December it was to the tune of 28-7 and 42-28. Seems like wishful thinking to me.

Yeah and in 2014 and 2015 Cen10 made SJB's supposed solid defense look like Swiss cheese.  By your logic the same thing should have happened in 2016 right?  But SJB eeked out the win and we all know what happened after that. SJB went on to earn a deserved championship. 

Things do change my friend.  MD this year is like 2015 Cen10 only with more receivers and a much better D to boot.   I wouldn't be surprised if MD pulls the red lever and lights SJB up.  It's not "sportsmanlike" but revenge is a powerful motivator.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Yeah and in 2014 and 2015 Cen10 made SJB's supposed solid defense look like Swiss cheese.  By your logic the same thing should have happened in 2016 right?  But SJB eeked out the win and we all know what happened after that. SJB went on to earn a deserved championship. 

Things do change my friend.  MD this year is like 2015 Cen10 only with more receivers and a much better D to boot.   I wouldn't be surprised if MD pulls the red lever and lights SJB up.  It's not "sportsmanlike" but revenge is a powerful motivator.  

My only "logic" is don't count your chickens before they hatch. 

If you want to ride off SJB as a non-factor, sure go ahead and voluntarily place your neck in the guillotine. I sure as heck won't stop you. I guarantee you one thing, Logan and Rollinson aren't discounting a consensus top 15 team.

To quote Teddy, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Lately, SJB has been carrying a pretty big stick, so I'll go ahead and continue to let the stick do the talking.

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

If you want to ride off SJB as a non-factor, sure go ahead and voluntarily place your neck in the guillotine. I sure as heck won't stop you. I guarantee you one thing, Logan and Rollinson aren't discounting a consensus top 15 team.

To quote Teddy, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Lately, SJB has been carrying a pretty big stick, so I'll go ahead and continue to let the stick do the talking.

Where did I count SJB out or consider them a non-factor.  I merely stated I wouldn't be surprised by a MD blowout.

Quoting Roosevelt regarding high school football, really?  I hope the "stick" about which you speak is not the same one SJB brought to STA.  If it's in reference to Garces or Dorsey, be realistic. That's like Cen10 crowing about 73 on Edison or Roosevelt.   The SJC win is quality but OLU amounts to nothing more than a scrimmage for SJB, so how big is that stick?

It really doesn't matter what you or I think after all.  We'll all find out more this Friday.  I hope it's a good game for CA football's sake.

With respect to your  "consensus" top 15 team" comment, if that makes you feel good then fine.  I'm  pretty sure there are at least 15 programs that would put up more than three points on STA.  Many Pro CA posters have demonstrated an exaggerated stance about CA programs vs the rest of the nation. STA showing you could beat a top CA team (SJB) with just 9 points is factual proof that really good D beats good O.   A look at Friday's scoreboard involving SO CA top program demonstrates once again that the top CA programs are more like Big 12 than SEC programs.  The "consensus" polls clearly favor  big offense over big defense so many programs dont' even get a look.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

My only "logic" is don't count your chickens before they hatch. 

Number of posters picking SJB in the pickem ........

(1). You 

10 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Where did I count SJB out or consider them a non-factor.  I merely stated I wouldn't be surprised by a MD blowout.

You didn't explicitly say that, but Eddy did and you interjected yourself into our discussion on his side, so debate semantics all you want, but the point stands. If you want to talk about putting words in someone else's mouth, you need look no further than your original post.

12 minutes ago, On2whls said:

so how big is that stick?

71-7 on the field since 2012, 4 straight Pac5/D1 finals, 2 State Titles. More quality OOS wins than any other team in the state, by a wide margin. The stick is sufficiently big.

13 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It really doesn't matter what you or I think after all.  We'll all find out more this Friday.  I hope it's a good game for CA football's sake.

That's the spirit.

14 minutes ago, On2whls said:

With respect to your  "consensus" top 15 team" comment, if that makes you feel good then fine.  I'm  pretty sure there are at least 15 programs that would put up more than three points on STA.  Many Pro CA posters have demonstrated an exaggerated stance about CA programs vs the rest of the nation. STA showing you could beat a top CA team (SJB) with just 9 points is factual proof that really good D beats good O.   A look at Friday's scoreboard involving SO CA top program demonstrates once again that the top CA programs are more like Big 12 than SEC programs.  The "consensus" polls clearly favor  big offense over big defense so many programs dont' even get a look.  

You missed my point, that's just one label, out of many I could have chosen to use. The point is, you and Eddy may be projecting blowouts (ahem, excuse me, may not be surprised by one), but that is definitely not the case with Rollinson (and Logan if they happen to meet up in the playoffs).

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

You didn't explicitly say that, but Eddy did and you interjected yourself into our discussion on his side, so debate semantics all you want, but the point stands. If you want to talk about putting words in someone else's mouth, you need look no further than your original post.

71-7 on the field since 2012, 4 straight Pac5/D1 finals, 2 State Titles. More quality OOS wins than any other team in the state, by a wide margin. The stick is sufficiently big.

That's the spirit.

You missed my point, that's just one label, out of many I could have chosen to use. The point is, you and Eddy may be projecting blowouts (ahem, excuse me, may not be surprised by one), but that is definitely not the case with Rollinson (and Logan if they happen to meet up in the playoffs).

Blow out? I don’t think it will be a blow out...i think it will be like the the BG, close but MD will win by 2 score and be in control the whole game.

and if we are talk about the past...we can talk about the decades that SJB was the worst team in Serra/Trinity League 😜

13 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

and if we are talk about the past...we can talk about the decades that SJB was the worst team in Serra/Trinity League 😜

Ah yes, I recognize this from page 1 of A Notre Dame Fan's Guide to Discussing Football... aka The Glory Days.

If Chuck Pearson or Kiki Mendoza was still the coach at Bosco, that may be relevant. Sadly for the MD faithful, we are firmly in the Negro era, so you will have to sadly continue looking back to the past to find comfort when the Braves were a free pass on the schedule.

BTW, when you were at Mater Dei and I was at Bosco, SJB was in the Del Rey league.

14 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Ah yes, I recognize this from page 1 of A Notre Dame Fan's Guide to Discussing Football... aka The Glory Days.

If Chuck Pearson or Kiki Mendoza was still the coach at Bosco, that may be relevant. Sadly for the MD faithful, we are firmly in the Negro era, so you will have to sadly continue looking back to the past to find comfort when the Braves were a free pass on the schedule.

BTW, when you were at Mater Dei and I was at Bosco, SJB was in the Del Rey league.

In 99 cif started the Serra League that later became the mission and Trinity...

well MD can look at its past and future...I know I’m look forward to Friday 😜