Track 2024

golfaddict1

5 hours ago, Mr. Football said:

That State 6A 4x100 is going to be insane possibly 5 teams running a Sub 40.  The shame with only 2 from each Region.  Some extremely fast ones will be left behind.  I wish we used the Cali Standards where if you run a certain standard you qualify for State.  They run Prlims at State.  Ours is 9 participants that run finals in each event.  California state meet is my 2nd favorite. 

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

There have been FIVE sub-40 times in the 4x100 relay this year -- two by Atascocita, two by Duncanville and one by North Shore.

There had been 12 sub-40 times in U.S. history before 2024.

I didn’t know north shore ran a sub 40 this year? I knew that had a low 40 time. They have the individual speed for sure, several kids on that relay in the 10.2-10.5 range straight 100. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I didn’t know north shore ran a sub 40 this year? I knew that had a low 40 time. They have the individual speed for sure, several kids on that relay in the 10.2-10.5 range straight 100. 

The State meet will be insane.  None of the teams came because the District meet were 4 days later.  None of the Big Boy 100m guys ran and Henderson in the Small Schools ran.  In the final 4x00m Girls relay all the girls pulled out and went home it was L.B. Wilson and Scotlandville practically running against each other.  This is why they finished 1st and 2nd 😁 Also none of the top TX 4x400m girls even came. They won the 4x100 against 2nd tier 4x100 Texas girls.  L.B. Poly ran a 47.02 and won that is behind 20 Texas Girls 4x100.  The fastest has a 45.02.  They would have won by 20 meters over them and Duncanville girls is second with low 45s.  I wish the girls would have ran just that relay like their boys.  Lancaster the #5 Team was there and chose not to run the 4x100.

1 team from San Antonio ran.  The UIL schedule affected the Texas Relays.  Hell Desoto stayed home and Duncanville ran 1 or 2 relays and a  Fr. And Soph in the 100m.

Screenshot_20240404_113014_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DevilDog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The State meet will be insane.  None of the teams came because the District meet were 4 days later.  None of the Big Boy 100m guys ran and Henderson in the Small Schools ran.  In the final 4x00m Girls relay all the girls pulled out and went home it was L.B. Wilson and Scotlandville practically running against each other.  This is why they finished 1st and 2nd 😁 Also none of the top TX 4x400m girls even came. They won the 4x100 against 2nd tier 4x100 Texas girls.  L.B. Poly ran a 47.02 and won that is behind 20 Texas Girls 4x100.  The fastest has a 45.02.  They would have won by 20 meters over them and Duncanville girls is second with low 45s.  I wish the girls would have ran just that relay like their boys. 

1 team from San Antonio ran.  The UIL schedule affected the Texas Relays.  Hell Desoto stayed home and Duncanville ran 1 or 2 relays and a  Fr. And Soph in the 100m.

Screenshot_20240404_113014_Chrome.jpg

Some more out of context bullshit.

Louisiana is still on your mind though and we will always be on your mind, bubba 2A bro.

Texas speed!

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Two teams in one district ran sub 40.  Dville 1st team to do it 3 times Atascocita ties Ft. Worth Wyatt with 2.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2024 at 1:52 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Texas is so stacked that a lot of fast kids and relay teams will not be at State.  I wish we used the Cali model of State quaifying times and ran prelims. Every event at State is a Final.  We have 4 regions and in every event only the top 2 in that region qualifies for state.  That is 8 participants.  The person or team with the highest qualifying time or event mark will be the 9th invite.   One of those Dville 100m kids will not go to State unless he has the next fastest time after the other 8 regional winners are set. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 10:18 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Legit track burner.  10.06 PB 

That rip of 10.14 was wind aided (barely).  

He has the current best 100 meter time HS outdoors ‘24 nationally at 10.22 wind legal. 

IMG_9252.jpeg

The kid from Atascocita has 10.22 wind legal this year too.

Just booked my reservation for the 6A regional meet in Humble for next Friday and Saturday.  Should be absolutely incredible!   

DD - thoughts on number events 1 athlete can participate in.  Only 3 running events?  The Watkins kid at Atascocita is capable of more than three running events.  At district he ran 4x100, 100m, & 200m.   As they advance they can change this up.  He is also really good at all 3 relays.