Track 2024

golfaddict1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Football said:

Correct and agree

The Warren Easton, La kid ran a better 100m today with much much less wind.

That has to mean something in the world of track.

10.23 yesterday> 10.21 today.

100m National Leaders From Dyestat. That will change soon.Screenshot_20240330-182655-594.thumb.png.41f71c6e90ce36f69f0feabd2fda72a3.png

Speaking of track.

LSU WR Malik Nabers from Youngsville, La clocked a 4.35 40 at the LSU Pro Day.

NFL.com has Malik Nabers rated as the highest rated Prospect in this coming up NFL draft. I don't make it up, just report it.

Anyways, I'm about tracked out.

Gonna miss him this year. We got some more though. 👇

Screenshot_20240330-183814-206.thumb.png.6f0731cbb2a3aa5145855fc99c087042.png

It really blows the mind why bubba 2A bro (aka devilegg) would talk so much negative bullshit about the Warren Easton kid Smith-Mata the last 2 years. Just trashing him!

Smith-Mata is committed to the University of Houston and will be coached by a legend. Lots of kids would love to get that opportunity.

Smith- Mata and Jelani Watkins went head to head in the 60 Meters at the LSU Indoor Classic in January with Watkins just edging Smith-Mata. I'll post a video of that race a little bit later it was tight. There was some serious speed in that race'at LSU.

Anyways, a little about Smith-Mata's 10.21 yesterday. 👇

"I did it for Louisiana, mainly," Smith-Mata said. "Most people look at states like Texas and Florida and say that those are the top states, but Louisiana has some heat too."

Going in, Smith-Mata was focused on his start. Midway through the race, he found himself well out in front of the competition on the track at Mike A. Myers Stadium. 

"I was not really surprised that it wasn't closer than it was because I know how well I can start," Smith-Mata said. 

Saturday's win on the biggest stage was extra sweet after Smith-Mata started the Louisiana HS indoor season with a loss to Jelani Watkins, one of the fastest sprinters in Texas, at the Louisiana High School Classic. 

Watkins ran a 6.75 to win the 60m. Smith-Mata was second with a time of 6.78.

After high school Watkins and Smith-Mata will be trading places. Watkins is headed to LSU to play wide receiver for the LSU football team. Smith-Mata has signed with the University of Houston Track & Field team, coached by legendary sprinter Carl Lewis."

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Smith- Mata and Jelani Watkins went head to head in the 60 Meters at the LSU Indoor Classic in January with Watkins just edging Smith-Mata. I'll post a video of that race a little bit later it was tight. There was some serious speed in that race'at LSU.

Smith-Mata in gold with Watkins right beside him 

There's definitely more to track than a 4X100. Them cats is moving!  

On 3/30/2024 at 12:20 AM, Wooderson said:

I (selfishly) really want someone who's good with math, laws of motion, etc to create a formula that will adjust times based on weight (i.e. tell us what Mr. Harbor's 20.38 at 240 converts to at 175-180). On one hand it seems like a formula should be possible but on the other could have too many factors in play to do so.

That’s an interesting question that I’ve never come across prior.   I’ll do a search later and see what’s out there.  

Nyck had some help on that run with a +3.3 m/s reading.  Still, just 18 yrs young until early July.  

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

That’s an interesting question that I’ve never come across prior.   I’ll do a search later and see what’s out there.  

Nyck had some help on that run with a +3.3 m/s reading.  Still, just 18 yrs young until early July.  

I know the NFL did with Devonte Sweat.  They said if he was 100lbs less he would have ran 1sec faster if I remember correctly

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I know the NFL did with Devonte Sweat.  They said if he was 100lbs less he would have ran 1sec faster if I remember correctly

Nyck’s 60 indoors time of 6.61 is 2nd best at South Carolina.  

Good luck to DB’s against speed. height and muscle… and if he lines up as a TE hybrid, OLB’s should just go offsides and take the 5.  😂 

Hey bubba 2A bro (aka devilegg)...... tell everybody which one is Gilmer Henderson in the video below?? 😂😧😂😧😂

You know, the BEAST TEXAS kid you said was going to absolutely destroy the Warren Easton kid.

Texas Relays 100 Meters D1 Finals ..

"Out of New Orleans"

Warren Easton's Smith-Mata is a smooth runner and has a very bright future!. Keep me posted on how he does at the University of Houston, bubba bro.

On 3/30/2024 at 12:20 AM, Wooderson said:

I (selfishly) really want someone who's good with math, laws of motion, etc to create a formula that will adjust times based on weight (i.e. tell us what Mr. Harbor's 20.38 at 240 converts to at 175-180). On one hand it seems like a formula should be possible but on the other could have too many factors in play to do so.

https://runbundle.com/tools/weight-vs-pace-calculator

Let me know if this scratches your itch or not.  

I haven’t played with the #’s, but I did see that 100 meters is an option to choose from with regards to weight comparison time.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 8:48 AM, golfaddict1 said:

HS boys prelims 

* compared to the girls, not very impressive (excluding Creekside), but it’s the prelims.  

@badrouter not a stellar performance, but hey… at least they had a time vs DNS :) 

IMG_9170.jpeg

IMG_9171.jpeg

Yeah I think the best athletes on the team specialize in other areas (unless one or two sat the event out, idk). I saw a DB (who transferred from Seminole) had a 14.43 meter (47.34 feet) triple jump, and LB Malik Morris (16 years old) claims a 10'8" broad jump, which would have tied for the best at the *NFL* combine this year. I know players fudge on their 40 times often, but the brod jump seems to be an odd thing to make up.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedZone said:

Hey bubba 2A bro (aka devilegg)...... tell everybody which one is Gilmer Henderson in the video below?? 😂😧😂😧😂

You know, the BEAST TEXAS kid you said was going to absolutely destroy the Warren Easton kid.

Texas Relays 100 Meters D1 Finals ..

"Out of New Orleans"

Warren Easton's Smith-Mata is a smooth runner and has a very bright future!. Keep me posted on how he does at the University of Houston, bubba bro.

Warren Easton's Smith-Mata made history with his impressive lopsided victory in the 100 Meters at the Texas Relays. 

He's the only Sprinter from Louisiana to ever win the 100 Meters at the Texas Relays.

Can we get a list of the OOS kids that have won the 100 Meters at the Texas relays.

Thanks my fellow track comrades! 😂😭😂

9 hours ago, badrouter said:

Yeah I think the best athletes on the team specialize in other areas (unless one or two sat the event out, idk). I saw a DB (who transferred from Seminole) had a 14.43 meter (47.34 feet) triple jump, and LB Malik Morris (16 years old) claims a 10'8" broad jump, which would have tied for the best at the *NFL* combine this year. I know players fudge on their 40 times often, but the brod jump seems to be an odd thing to make up.

Broad jump is a great measure of leg strength (hops) as well as the vertical jump, at the combine.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Warren Easton's Smith-Mata made history with his impressive lopsided victory in the 100 Meters at the Texas Relays. 

He's the only Sprinter from Louisiana to ever win the 100 Meters at the Texas Relays.

Can we get a list of the OOS kids that have won the 100 Meters at the Texas relays.

Thanks my fellow track comrades! 😂😭😂

Kid from Ohio won it last year.

On 3/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, golfaddict1 said:

https://runbundle.com/tools/weight-vs-pace-calculator

Let me know if this scratches your itch or not.  

I haven’t played with the #’s, but I did see that 100 meters is an option to choose from with regards to weight comparison time.  

Definitely has some limitations (it doesn't seem ideal for the 100 and 200 as it doesn't accept tenths of a second) but it's fun enough to speculate with the 400 and above.

13 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Definitely has some limitations (it doesn't seem ideal for the 100 and 200 as it doesn't accept tenths of a second) but it's fun enough to speculate with the 400 and above.

How would a runners stride be included in the any formula?  Seems like the math is doable but the various other factors would have to be weighted.  Interesting thought.