Flat out embarrassing having games fall through because you're scared of competition and trying to pad your schedule with wins

Ga96

On 3/8/2024 at 5:10 PM, Fred said:

So in other words, based on where they are proportionally in the total number of schools in their respective state, they are about equal.  Got it.

Illinois has over 700 football teams. Almost double what Georgia has. So with your logic Illinois would have about 16-17 teams in a top 25 combined with Georgia. 

12 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Illinois has over 700 football teams. Almost double what Georgia has. So with your logic Illinois would have about 16-17 teams in a top 25 combined with Georgia. 

Sigh.  Rankings are a relative comparison not an absolute number.  If you have 400 teams, 200 is in the middle.  If you have 600, 300 is in the middle.  The ranking of the number 200th of 600 should be about the equivalent rank of 133rd in the set of 400.  With uneven sets of numbers, you have to normalize them to a common denominator for it to make any real comparison.

You have it backwards (not surprising).  The 25th team in GA is about 5.555% of the total.  5.555% of 700 is 38-39.  Their 38th team should be about as good as our 25th. 

30 minutes ago, Fred said:

Sigh.  Rankings are a relative comparison not an absolute number.  If you have 400 teams, 200 is in the middle.  If you have 600, 300 is in the middle.  The ranking of the number 200th of 600 should be about the equivalent rank of 133rd in the set of 400.  With uneven sets of numbers, you have to normalize them to a common denominator for it to make any real comparison.

You have it backwards (not surprising).  The 25th team in GA is about 5.555% of the total.  5.555% of 700 is 38-39.  Their 38th team should be about as good as our 25th. 

Illinois number 38 vs Georgia number 25 would be a running clock 

Now heres what pisses me off @Ga96 @Nolebull813  @HooverOutlawROME AND CARTERSVILLE  do the same shit... 

Rome isn't even 1.5 hours from Hoover,AL they are a literal hour away from Mcallie in Chattanooga... 

And Nashville,TN ain't far either...

Even crazier... Cartersville and Rome aren't even an hour from each other.... 

Guess what Rome does... 

Schedules North Miami Beach you gotta be screwing with me.... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Now heres what pisses me off @Ga96 @Nolebull813  @HooverOutlawROME AND CARTERSVILLE  do the same shit... 

Rome isn't even 1.5 hours from Hoover,AL they are a literal hour away from Mcallie in Chattanooga... 

Guess what Rome does... 

scumbags. These Florida teams are beyond repair 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Not my ideal GA vs TX matchup but I'LL TAKE IT

CG HC just left though to take the assistant HC position at Georgia State

Yeah but they lost their coach who originally brought them their success and they keep on trucking 

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Guess what Rome does... 

Rome to Chattanooga is 1.5 hours.

Rome to Nashville is 3.5 hours.

Rome to Hoover is 2.5 hours.

Rome to Cartersville is a half hour.

Rome's problem is it is all back roads for a good distance to get to interstates.

But i agree that all are much closer than N Miami Beach.

59 minutes ago, Fred said:

Rome to Chattanooga is 1.5 hours.

Rome to Nashville is 3.5 hours.

Rome to Hoover is 2.5 hours.

Rome to Cartersville is a half hour.

Rome's problem is it is all back roads for a good distance to get to interstates.

But i agree that all are much closer than N Miami Beach.

Sometimes I forget how far out Rome actually is... 

But I still think Hoover-Rome would be a decent series

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Jonesboro HS (GA) @ Atlantic Coast HS (Jacksonville,FL) is official

Atlantic Coast! They are hot garbage. When it listed it as “Atlantic” I was hoping they were playing the real Atlantic who can fight back and not the JV team they are actually playing. SMDH. They are traveling to FL and that’s the best team the can find. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Atlantic Coast! They are hot garbage. When it listed it as “Atlantic” I was hoping they were playing the real Atlantic who can fight back and not the JV team they are actually playing. SMDH. They are traveling to FL and that’s the best team the can find. 

Jonesboro is also unspectacular... 

So we got 2 bad teams playing each other