Flat out embarrassing having games fall through because you're scared of competition and trying to pad your schedule with wins

Ga96

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ngl Idk how much he has left in the tank.... 

He coached in Georgia from 1986-2024... 

Brooks has a interim at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if Grage made himself the HC since he's the AD already.

On 3/28/2024 at 9:18 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Fred @Ga96 @Nolebull813

@HooverOutlaw

Forsyth County,GA has just broke ground on a Billion dollar multi-purpose arena in rural forsyth county.

It's supposed to rival the Mercdez stadium in Atlanta in terms of size. 

No they didn't.  The county commissioners vote to approve an agreement that had changes the developer had not seen or agreed to.  It currently is on hold until the developer decides if they want to proceed.  Personally, I favor the bid being worked up for Alpharetta as it is closer to more people.  The Forsyth one is out there and I think they will have a hard time sustaining attendance as there isn't enough population in the immediate area, not transit back to Atlanta, and a long haul for most people.  We shall see.

No, it isn't supposed to rival MB.  State Farm Arena, yes at 20,000 seats, but no MB at 72,000ish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

No they didn't.  The county commissioners vote to approve an agreement that had changes the developer had not seen or agreed to.  It currently is on hold until the developer decides if they want to proceed.  Personally, I favor the bid being worked up for Alpharetta as it is closer to more people.  The Forsyth one is out there and I think they will have a hard time sustaining attendance as there isn't enough population in the immediate area, not transit back to Atlanta, and a long haul for most people.  We shall see.

No, it isn't supposed to rival MB.  State Farm Arena, yes at 20,000 seats, but no MB at 72,000ish.

Ah... 

I know they where talking about bringing an NHL team to Atlanta and having a stadiun in Alpharetta ..

Is that still being voted on?

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ah... 

I know they where talking about bringing an NHL team to Atlanta and having a stadiun in Alpharetta ..

Is that still being voted on?

It's still in talks.  There may be two competing NHL bids.  I think we'd be better with a single bid but it's not my money or my call.

On 3/27/2024 at 10:17 AM, Nolebull813 said:

2 of the 3 teams Grayson played were not good. DFB was ok. Edgewater definitely not. I was pointing out you are thumping your chest about the Grayson the Georgia #1 in those years beating FL teams that were ranked in the 30’s and 90’s in state. That’s not something to brag about. It is intentionally dishonest to try and pump them teams up like they were better than they really were. 

And I’m not crapping on anyone. I simply point out that the majority of every game between GA and FL always seems to exclusively favor the GA team sometimes at an astronomical rate. And the majority of them are in GA. Kinda funny the 2 state champs from GA who got chopped down came to FL. Not so easy to take a bus all day and night and play a team who is rolling out of bed refreshed 

Make up your mind.  First you said MC was good and the other two were bad.  Now it's DFB was good and the other two were bad.  You can't even get your own statements straight, much less anything anyone else says. 

I'm not thumping my chest about about *anything*.  I merely pointed out your statement about GA teams getting beat by FL teams was not true nor was your statement about GA teams not playing quality teams.  One more time, at the time we played those teams, we were NOT #1.  We were assigned Edgewater as a part of a showcase event.  We didn't choose them nor did they choose us.  We both agreed to play in the showcase.  You have yet to answer where those teams were ranked at the time we played them.  You've only said we were #1 when we weren't.  I haven't figured out how exactly we are supposed to look into our crystal ball and know how a team we play at the beginning of the year is supposed to be ranked at the end of the year since that is your criteria.

I can't speak to riding a bus to FL but I can say we rode a bus for 10+ hours to get to Shreveport where we beat a perennial power form LA so there's that.  If you want more good teams from GA to come to FL, why don't you make it worth our while to do so?  Why don't you ask those teams that come to GA why they do so?  You know it takes to two agree to play don't you?

You continue to make sweeping generalizations that don't hold up to scrutiny.  Then when you get called on it, you resort to distorting the statements made against you.  My statements have been very narrow in intent and coverage.  You cannot truthfully challenge that. 

Edited to correct typos.  I know there is another one in there but I can't find it.  Dang it!

Also if it's any consolation  @Nolebull813 the Camden Fan base doesn't like the schedule.... 

Their OK with Brunswick and Ribault but the community doesn't like the rest of the Non-Region schedule... 

One of the GA board posters said they've actually been requesting for the AD to schedule Miami Central and Hoover again

As well as revive the Ware County Rivalry... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

One of the GA board posters said they've actually been requesting for the AD to schedule Miami Central and Hoover again

Wow!  That's 5 1/2 hours to Miami and 7 hours to Hoover.  The Miami trip would be too bad but that's a long trip to/from Hoover.

On 4/1/2024 at 1:15 AM, Fred said:

Make up your mind.  First you said MC was good and the other two were bad.  Now it's DFB was good and the other two were bad.  You can't even get your own statements straight, much less anything anyone else says. 

I'm not thumping my chest about about *anything*.  I merely pointed out your statement about GA teams getting beat by FL teams was not true nor was your statement about GA teams not playing quality teams.  One more time, at the time we played those teams, we were NOT #1.  We were assigned Edgewater as a part of a showcase event.  We didn't choose them nor did they choose us.  We both agreed to play in the showcase.  You have yet to answer where those teams were ranked at the time we played them.  You've only said we were #1 when we weren't.  I haven't figured out how exactly we are supposed to look into our crystal ball and know how a team we play at the beginning of the year is supposed to be ranked at the end of the year since that is your criteria.

I can't speak to riding a bus to FL but I can say we rode a bus for 10+ hours to get to Shreveport where we beat a perennial power form LA so there's that.  If you want more good teams from GA to come to FL, why don't you make it worth our while to do so?  Why don't you ask those teams that come to GA why they do so?  You know it takes to two agree to play don't you?

You continue to make sweeping generalizations that don't hold up to scrutiny.  Then when you get called on it, you resort to distorting the statements made against you.  My statements have been very narrow in intent and coverage.  You cannot truthfully challenge that. 

Edited to correct typos.  I know there is another one in there but I can't find it.  Dang it!

you are just making up dumb shit that doesn’t have anything to do with what is being discussed. Who gives a shit what these teams were ranked by some pencil neck in the preseason? The reality is Grayson beat a garbage Edgewater team ranked 98th in Florida when they themselves finished number 1 in GA. Regardless If it was put together for an event is irrelevant. Grayson didn’t open some mystery box and show up totally unexpected. They agreed to play in the event. Then they were told some bad FL team was their opponent and they agreed. Nothing to brag about 

and weren’t you the one complaining after number 1 Grayson got the dog shit beat out of them losing 29 to 3 at one point to Bergen Catholic that they weren’t number 1? Since they faded down the stretch? Hypocrite. Grayson was number 1 at the time they got the living dog shit beat out of them for 4 straight quarters up and down the Georgia gridiron by some slow private school future accountants from New Jersey. 

That’s why Grayson started playing no name teams from South Carolina. Almost lost that too. Miracle win vs 6 loss SC team. LMAO! Georgia teams have to protect the myth! 

Georgia plays mostly bad teams because they routinely get exposed. So that’s why play some many garbage OOS teams so it can drown out all the embarrassing losses. 

7A Champion loses to Florida public who lost 4 games and is coached by volunteers. 

6A state runner up got the screws and it to them by Tennessee team 

5A State champion barely beats SIX loss Florida team by one score 

5A state runner up loses 62-0 to California team

3A state champion loses to multiple loss FL team giving up 50 in the process 

And this is with the state playing most inferior teams! Imagine if GA grew a pair and stepped up the competition!!

#Bloodbath

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Georgia plays mostly bad teams because they routinely get exposed. So that’s why play some many garbage OOS teams so it can drown out all the embarrassing losses. 

7A Champion loses to Florida public who lost 4 games and is coached by volunteers. 

6A state runner up got the screws and it to them by Tennessee team 

5A State champion barely beats SIX loss Florida team by one score 

5A state runner up loses 62-0 to California team

3A state champion loses to multiple loss FL team giving up 50 in the process 

And this is with the state playing most inferior teams! Imagine if GA grew a pair and stepped up the competition!!

#Bloodbath

Except when we do we still do fairly well

@HooverOutlaw

https://www.wtvy.com/video/2024/04/04/maurice-freeman-named-new-head-football-coach-daleville/

He's so full of it. On Monday after everyone knew he was headed here he got in itg podcast and lied to everyone listening claiming he was going to take time off even went as far as saying if he came back to coach it would be as a DC. I hope the truth about him gets exposed one day. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/hHgsrMiaJ2vQmmC3/?mibextid=qi2Omg

• Like 1