Flat out embarrassing having games fall through because you're scared of competition and trying to pad your schedule with wins

Ga96

On 4/2/2024 at 8:06 AM, Nolebull813 said:

you are just making up dumb shit that doesn’t have anything to do with what is being discussed. Who gives a shit what these teams were ranked by some pencil neck in the preseason? The reality is Grayson beat a garbage Edgewater team ranked 98th in Florida when they themselves finished number 1 in GA. Regardless If it was put together for an event is irrelevant. Grayson didn’t open some mystery box and show up totally unexpected. They agreed to play in the event. Then they were told some bad FL team was their opponent and they agreed. Nothing to brag about 

and weren’t you the one complaining after number 1 Grayson got the dog shit beat out of them losing 29 to 3 at one point to Bergen Catholic that they weren’t number 1? Since they faded down the stretch? Hypocrite. Grayson was number 1 at the time they got the living dog shit beat out of them for 4 straight quarters up and down the Georgia gridiron by some slow private school future accountants from New Jersey. 

That’s why Grayson started playing no name teams from South Carolina. Almost lost that too. Miracle win vs 6 loss SC team. LMAO! Georgia teams have to protect the myth! 

It has everything to do with it and it speaks volumes about you that you think it doesn't.  You still haven't answered the questions about where these teams were ranked when we scheduled and then played them.  You obviously care deeply about those pencil neck rankings as your entire misguided ranting is based on rankings.  I guess you only care about rankings when they support your premise.  Talk about a hypocrite!

It is very relevant.  See, we honor our contracts.  I guess that is a foreign concept to you since you seem to feel that we should have refused to play.

Yep, we lost to Bergen Catholic in a game we should have won.  We gave away too many points to recover.  We lost for reasons that had zero to do with how BC played and everything to do with prima dona players deciding they were there for themselves and not for the team.  See, I was there in the stadium and saw things you didn't and know things about the players involved.  Funny too that you now diss the BC team when they are thought pretty highly off by so many.

Face it, your attempts to build up your state while trashing mine aren't working.  Give a rest.

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 2:45 PM, Nolebull813 said:

In 2018 Wekiva finished 11th in Florida. They came up and played North Gwinnett in the Freedom Bowl. NG finished 13th in GA

The game was a tight even match with Wekiva pulling away 28-14.

Whenever the game is remotely close, the FL teams usually wins or the game is down to the wire. Anytime the Florida team can punch back, they usually do.

Chaminade coming up and beating state, champ Buford, Columbus, clobbering, champ Benedictine twice, Monarch beating Cedar Grove, Western who didn’t even finish top 25 in Florida chopping down 7A state champ Milton this past year. 

this might be one of the reasons why the South Georgia teams play junior varsity squads from Florida

Pulezze, The average Florida high school enrolls 1716.6 students, Georgia? An eye-catching 754 average daily attendance. Miami-Columbus has 1700 kids, coed. Bennie? 400 boys. Half the number of boys and in an area with some talent but about 1/10th the population to draw from. That's like a Marist or Blessed Trinity taking on Aquinas over on Highland Avenue in Augusta. A good, and occasionally very good, but not elite single A program.    When Cairo plays West, they're giving away 2000 students. Monarch has over twice the enrollment of Cedar Grove. 2400 to 1200. And Western with 3600 outnumbered Milton with 2100. And one of those two played 14 games and the other 13. Give Roswell or Johns Creek to Milton and see how it plays out. Roll South Atlanta in with Cedar Grove and then we will have a couple of contests between teams of comparable numbers and assets.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:46 PM, Fred said:

It has everything to do with it and it speaks volumes about you that you think it doesn't.  You still haven't answered the questions about where these teams were ranked when we scheduled and then played them.  You obviously care deeply about those pencil neck rankings as your entire misguided ranting is based on rankings.  I guess you only care about rankings when they support your premise.  Talk about a hypocrite!

It is very relevant.  See, we honor our contracts.  I guess that is a foreign concept to you since you seem to feel that we should have refused to play.

Yep, we lost to Bergen Catholic in a game we should have won.  We gave away too many points to recover.  We lost for reasons that had zero to do with how BC played and everything to do with prima dona players deciding they were there for themselves and not for the team.  See, I was there in the stadium and saw things you didn't and know things about the players involved.  Funny too that you now diss the BC team when they are thought pretty highly off by so many.

Face it, your attempts to build up your state while trashing mine aren't working.  Give a rest.

The timing could not have been worse. A player revolt one week before the game. It's a testament to the low character of several of the Grayson players. From the commentary on the old Georgia board, no one saw that quit on the program coming. Aside from playing like a collection of athletes as opposed to a team, there was a positive net effect from that escapade.At least two names were erased from the big board at 1 Selig Circle in Athens. 

9 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Pulezze, The average Florida high school enrolls 1716.6 students, Georgia? An eye-catching 754 average daily attendance. Miami-Columbus has 1700 kids, coed. Bennie? 400 boys. Half the number of boys and in an area with some talent but about 1/10th the population to draw from. That's like a Marist or Blessed Trinity taking on Aquinas over on Highland Avenue in Augusta. A good, and occasionally very good, but not elite single A program.    When Cairo plays West, they're giving away 2000 students. Monarch has over twice the enrollment of Cedar Grove. 2400 to 1200. And Western with 3600 outnumbered Milton with 2100. And one of those two played 14 games and the other 13. Give Roswell or Johns Creek to Milton and see how it plays out. Roll South Atlanta in with Cedar Grove and then we will have a couple of contests between teams of comparable numbers and assets.

@DevilDog @Horsefly @SeaShells21Currently Cedar Grove doesn't even have 1200... 

Realignment put them with 628 and had them in 1A but the HC  requested/chose to remain in 3A.... 

Buford during realignment chose to remain in 6A... 

Current enrollment would put them in class 2A

Benedictine would/should also be 1A... chose to stay in 4A. 

Marist should be in 2A... Chose to play in 6A as well... 

Woodward Academy should be in 6A... chose to drop to 5A because the GHSA has favorites... 

That being said alot of these schools choose to play up to avoid controversy... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@DevilDog @Horsefly @SeaShells21Currently Cedar Grove doesn't even have 1200... 

Realignment put them with 628 and had them in 1A but the HC  requested/chose to remain in 3A.... 

Buford during realignment chose to remain in 6A... 

Current enrollment would put them in class 2A

Benedictine would/should also be 1A... chose to stay in 4A. 

Marist should be in 2A... Chose to play in 6A as well... 

Woodward Academy should be in 6A... chose to drop to 5A because the GHSA has favorites... 

That being said alot of these schools choose to play up to avoid controversy... 

That is interesting. I don’t think I have ever paid attention to the enrollments there like that to notice. I guess the controversy would be them being to strong for their divisions?

I wonder what a system like that might look like in Florida, Texas and the other power states. An opportunity to play up,

At least maybe if you win state, but all of that sounds like a headache trying to redraw the Texas districts every year. They have enough problems already.

20 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Cypress Bay has over 4,000 kids in one of the most talented counties in the country so by your made up nonsense they should be able to TOAST Miami Central, Cocoa, Chaminade, and every single team with 2,000 enrollment or fewer. Wrong. They stink. 

Those teams got whooped because they played better competition than their GA counterparts. 

See beating International School of Broward, Coral Glades, Somerset Academy, and Atlantic Coast teams with your powerhouses has your mind deluded. When a GA takes the rare route and schedules a FL team that can actually play football, the FL team usually wins. But since about 75 percent of the games between the 2 states the GA team is at home and heavily favored you have this false sense of superiority. 

kudos to Benedictine, Cedar Grove and Milton for bucking the trend and scheduling real teams. Unlike most of that coward state 

You know how you know GA isn’t taken seriously? When the  3 of the top 5 teams in the state are all playing VASTLY inferior OOS teams and no one bats and eye. 

SJB is hosting some El Paso team and they are being raked over the coals for it. 

If STA, Chaminade, AHP etc scheduled Cairo and Pelham people would lose their shit. When top GA teams play Rickards, Gadsden Co, and FL high you didn’t even know it happens. That’s how normal it is. 

GA has to protect the myth. 

10 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

That is interesting. I don’t think I have ever paid attention to the enrollments there like that to notice. I guess the controversy would be them being to strong for their divisions?

I wonder what a system like that might look like in Florida, Texas and the other power states. An opportunity to play up,

At least maybe if you win state, but all of that sounds like a headache trying to redraw the Texas districts every year. They have enough problems already.

That rule exist in Texas (I recently learned this, you can choose to opt up regardless if you played in the class previously), not many if any schools choose to do so. The rule is though you can only opt up in football. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You know how you know GA isn’t taken seriously? When the  3 of the top 5 teams in the state are all playing VASTLY inferior OOS teams and no one bats and eye. 

SJB is hosting some El Paso team and they are being raked over the coals for it. 

If STA, Chaminade, AHP etc scheduled Cairo and Pelham people would lose their shit. When top GA teams play Rickards, Gadsden Co, and FL high you didn’t even know it happens. That’s how normal it is. 

GA has to protect the myth. 

You know what's crazy... 

You're the only one saying this... 

Because we got Decent to top teams from other states (DC,NC,TX,etc) on the docket and have played top teams from other states... 

You ever think maybe it's FL slacking when it comes to GA-FL matchups because we always hear "GA this" "GA that"...  but does any of the FL big boys actually call us up like that? Outside of CM and MC or AHP who magically schedules our state champs on every down year we never hear about anyone else reaching out... 

You applaud Milton,CG and ETC... but little do you know very rarely do these schools (Outside of CG) schedule decent in state competition.... 

Now I've always been on your side about these Garbage matchups (Gadsden-Lowndes,etc) I don't like em either. 

But I'm not gonna sit up here and let you pull this BS like this because FL doesn't pull their end... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:27 PM, JCGIII said:

The timing could not have been worse. A player revolt one week before the game. It's a testament to the low character of several of the Grayson players. From the commentary on the old Georgia board, no one saw that quit on the program coming. Aside from playing like a collection of athletes as opposed to a team, there was a positive net effect from that escapade.At least two names were erased from the big board at 1 Selig Circle in Athens. 

I know what the coach was trying to do by having the kids make their college commitments early but it backfired.  Instead of being distracted by the recruiting process, too many said "I got mine so I'm going to protect that" all season.  They only got up and played to their potential one or two games.  One of them got a Super Bowl ring this year so I guess it worked out for him but we should have walked over almost everyone we played that year and we didn't because there dang sure was no I in team that year.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:18 AM, Horsefly said:

That rule exist in Texas (I recently learned this, you can choose to opt up regardless if you played in the class previously), not many if any schools choose to do so. The rule is though you can only opt up in football. 

Oh wow. 

Does the same apply for opting down? *I’m looking at you, Highland Park* 

In all seriousness, I could see it maybe happening one day. Seeing how there seems to be a lot of class powers playing up a division in preseason.

Although, I don’t see anyone purposely trying to get into 6A elites’ way for an entire season and playoffs.

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Well thanks to the leadership of @Fred favorite coach just In 2024 we've had 4 or 5 players arrested for various reasons from theft to speeding to having guns. 3 this week.

One more time, he isn't my coach, he's your coach.

This speaks a whole lot more to the parenting and the community standards than the coach.  If you really cared about the team, you would be looking to mentor the team and provide leadership and a role model.  Look up NG3 as a model.  Instead, *all* you've done is undermine his leadership.  Congratulations, you are reaping what you've sown.  SMH.