Flat out embarrassing having games fall through because you're scared of competition and trying to pad your schedule with wins

Ga96

On 3/22/2024 at 6:19 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Deer Jerkey was 34th in Florida and Grayson was once again number 1 in Georgia.

GA #1 vs FL #34

dude 

#3 at the time.  At least try to get things right if you can.  Try again.  What was Deerfield at that time, not just at the end of the year?

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:32 PM, Nolebull813 said:

You guys beat the 98th Florida team that year by 28 points when they drove 8 hours to get there.

You also beat a 14-0 Walton team in the state semi finals game by 24 points when they came an hour away.

So I guess that’s a good win 

We played in a showcase at N Gwinnett.  We didn't pick our opponent.  We played who N Gwinnett assigned us.  Hate it they came all that way to get embarrassed like that.  It was real hot that afternoon as I remember it as yes, I was there.  If you are going to attempt to trash us, you really need to try to get your facts right and try harder.  I know it is hard for you trying to stand up for your state and all by trashing us but it really isn't becoming for I assume a grown man to look so silly trying to twist things your way.  Have you ever tried just accepting things when you are wrong?

On 3/24/2024 at 2:41 PM, Fred said:

We played in a showcase at N Gwinnett.  We didn't pick our opponent.  We played who N Gwinnett assigned us.  Hate it they came all that way to get embarrassed like that.  It was real hot that afternoon as I remember it as yes, I was there.  If you are going to attempt to trash us, you really need to try to get your facts right and try harder.  I know it is hard for you trying to stand up for your state and all by trashing us but it really isn't becoming for I assume a grown man to look so silly trying to twist things your way.  Have you ever tried just accepting things when you are wrong?

Can you quote and highlight the part where I was trying to trash Grayson? It was more of a criticism towards you for even trying to use two games against really inferior teams, as some sort of chest thumping exercise.

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Fred @Nolebull813 @Ga96 @Sweetlarry @JCGIII 

Word on the street is Kennessaw State,Mercer,West Florida and Jacksonville University are getting ready to move up to FBS D-1.

KSU is going to Conference USA and Mercer apparently is in Discussions as well... 

KSU has the size and infrastructure to get up to speed quickly. Gonna have to find a place to play. Their stadium is doesn’t seat near enough. 

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Word on the street is Kennessaw State,Mercer,West Florida and Jacksonville University are getting ready to move up to FBS D-1.

KSU is going to Conference USA and Mercer apparently is in Discussions as well... 

West Florida was D2 and only starting playing football a few years ago. I think it can happen down here. I ran into some West Florida football players at a track meet (at least I assumed they were. They were wearing WFL gear with numbers on the pants and shirts) and these dudes were jacked! Definitely not what you would have expected from D2 guys. I showed my son who is a HS freshman that’s what a D2 guy looks like and he said maybe I’ll try to go the track route instead of football. Lol. 

On 3/25/2024 at 6:32 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Can you quote and highlight the part where I was trying to trash Grayson? It was more of a criticism towards you for even trying to use two games against really inferior teams, as some sort of chest thumping exercise.

You were making sweeping statements about Fl teams beating GA teams.  I pointed out 3 of our games where we beat FL teams that were supposed to be good.  Then you responded 4, count them 1..2..3..4 times to my post trying to prove me wrong.  I was far from beating my chest because I know any given game can go either way.  You consistently beat your chest about all these great FL teams beating GA champs and then denigrating GA teams for playing FL trash.  I can't figure out why it is so important to you to attempt to play up your teams/state while poo-pooing others.  Just accept things for what they are.  FL plays good ball.  GA plays good ball.  Sometimes good teams have a bad night.  Sometimes good teams wind up playing bad teams.  It just is what it is.  There doesn't have to be this big conspiracy to systematically pad schedules.

32 minutes ago, Fred said:

You were making sweeping statements about Fl teams beating GA teams.  I pointed out 3 of our games where we beat FL teams that were supposed to be good.  Then you responded 4, count them 1..2..3..4 times to my post trying to prove me wrong.  I was far from beating my chest because I know any given game can go either way.  You consistently beat your chest about all these great FL teams beating GA champs and then denigrating GA teams for playing FL trash.  I can't figure out why it is so important to you to attempt to play up your teams/state while poo-pooing others.  Just accept things for what they are.  FL plays good ball.  GA plays good ball.  Sometimes good teams have a bad night.  Sometimes good teams wind up playing bad teams.  It just is what it is.  There doesn't have to be this big conspiracy to systematically pad schedules.

2 of the 3 teams Grayson played were not good. DFB was ok. Edgewater definitely not. I was pointing out you are thumping your chest about the Grayson the Georgia #1 in those years beating FL teams that were ranked in the 30’s and 90’s in state. That’s not something to brag about. It is intentionally dishonest to try and pump them teams up like they were better than they really were. 

And I’m not crapping on anyone. I simply point out that the majority of every game between GA and FL always seems to exclusively favor the GA team sometimes at an astronomical rate. And the majority of them are in GA. Kinda funny the 2 state champs from GA who got chopped down came to FL. Not so easy to take a bus all day and night and play a team who is rolling out of bed refreshed 

I get FL coaches for garbage teams prostituting their teams for a little pocket change. It’s horrible. I’m not discounting that. But the GA powers don’t need to feed the addiction. Lol. And why not invest that money into their own state? Can the GA powers not find any of the other 450 plus teams to play? 

Why does Cairo, Bainbridge, Brooks, Albany and Thomasville schools flat out refuse to play the 7A R1 teams? I know they have played before in history but I’m talking consistently 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I get FL coaches for garbage teams prostituting their teams for a little pocket change. It’s horrible. I’m not discounting that. But the GA powers don’t need to feed the addiction. Lol. And why not invest that money into their own state? Can the GA powers not find any of the other 450 plus teams to play? 

Why does Cairo, Bainbridge, Brooks, Albany and Thomasville schools flat out refuse to play the 7A R1 teams? I know they have played before in history but I’m talking consistently 

Alot of this has to do with the people in charge and how the other communities view them. 

They do scrimmage alot but if it helps they don't play in other sports either. 

And some of these schools are considered too small or too far out.... 

22 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

They've been wanting VSU to move up for years but stadium sell dispute and the college budget have held them back.

So that means: 

Georgia FBS D-1 schools: 

University of Georgia-Athens

Georgia Tech-Atlanta

Savannah State-(Basketball)-Savannah

Georgia State-Atlanta

Kennessaw State-Kennessaw

Mercer University-Macon 

Georgia Southern-Statesboro 

Florida: 

University of Florida-Gainesville 

University of Miami-Miami 

FSU-Tallahassee

UCF-Orlando 

USF-Tampa 

FIU-Hialeah-Miami 

FAU-Boca Raton 

West Florida-Pensacola 

Atm Pensacola is the only major Florida city with no D1 program of some sort. 

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I remember back when I was in HS there was talks of VSU joining CUSA with Georgia Southern... 

Yes and this season they were supposed to move up with West Georgia. Hopefully they move up in the near future.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Fred @Ga96 @Nolebull813

@HooverOutlaw

Forsyth County,GA has just broke ground on a Billion dollar multi-purpose arena in rural forsyth county.

It's supposed to rival the Mercdez stadium in Atlanta in terms of size. 

They are trying to build an event area there to but bidding and the locals are against. I've never liked that county but it's been growing for a while now.