Best Program in FL History?

181pl

Best program in modern Fl HS history (playoff era)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Best program in FL History (playoff era)?

• Lakeland
    • STA
    • Miami Central
    • Jax Bolles
    • Miami NW

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2024 at 07:25 PM

21 minutes ago, badrouter said:

'Dishonest' means speaking untruths. What I said there was 100% true. 

8 is not a representative sample size and you're presenting it in a dishonest manner that's meant to deceive.

This has always been your MO.

Claim that what you're saying is "true" while presenting it in totally misleading and dishonest ways.

15 hours ago, badrouter said:

Speaking of two teams playing each other in six different cities...how many other pairs of teams can say that? Seems like it may be a record of sorts?

Evangel and West Monroe came close during their primes.  Louisiana's too small to do that though.  Probably will have to go pre-Superdome Era

New Orleans (Superdome), West Monroe (Home Stadium), Monroe (ULM), Shreveport (Broadacres and Independence Stadium) is all I can think of.

(Technically "West Monroe" and Monroe are the same city.)

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Has STA ever played The Bolles School?

It probably would have been a pretty good matchup back in the day.

You don't hear much about Bolles anymore though.

Corky Rogers had a long and successful stint at Bolles. 

I don’t recall them ever playing.  If they did, it was a long time ago.  

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

8 is not a representative sample size and you're presenting it in a dishonest manner that's meant to deceive.

This has always been your MO.

Claim that what you're saying is "true" while presenting it in totally misleading and dishonest ways.

How many teams *not* from the tri-county area of south Florida has STA played 8 or more times?

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

The school that has consistently won without an influx of transfers would be my #1.

There are no such schools at the championship level. Lakeland did have the best run pre-2010, when the transfers started getting crazy. But, Lakeland has had at least one key transfer on each of its state title teams with the exceptions of 1999 and 2004 (unless I'm forgetting one or two). They probably had several key players who lived in other attendance zones but were in the program from 9-12 as well. STA didn't do much in the transfer game in those days, either. But of course they were second fiddle to the 'Naughts in those days.

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It should be noted that there aren't any Jacksonville peeps here to vote for Bolles. And the Miami contingent isn't here much, either.

Are there 10 state titles in the entire panhandle of Florida combined?

Pensacola has had some elite athletes Emmitt Smith, Trent Richardson, Roy Jones jr. but how many state titles have they produced?  I know Baker won a 1A school a few years ago. I have driven by the Baker high school 100 times on the way to Destin. 

Tallahassee has had a few great teams but that is it.

10 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It should be noted that there aren't any Jacksonville peeps here to vote for Bolles. And the Miami contingent isn't here much, either.

I read that Bolles begged Derrick Henry to transfer. Henry probably the best player to come out of the Jacksonville area.

58 minutes ago, badrouter said:

How many teams *not* from the tri-county area of south Florida has STA played 8 or more times?

What does this have to do with whether 8 is a representative sample size and whether it's meaningful enough to overcome the obviously right answer to this question?

Just another badrouter digression/dodge.

54 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Of course this is your angle because hopeless fanboys think that they everybody else are hopeless fanboys too.

Only an idiot would say Bolles.

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Corky Rogers had a long and successful stint at Bolles. 

I don’t recall them ever playing.  If they did, it was a long time ago.  

Bolles was a powerhouse back then. I believe they played MBA a couple of years when MBA was the top team in TN. If I remember correctly, they split their games. Bolles may have played Brentwood Academy as well. Good games. 

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

What does this have to do with whether 8 is a representative sample size and whether it's meaningful enough to overcome the obviously right answer to this question?

Just another badrouter digression/dodge.

Atticus speaks of dodging the question...while dodging the question. Good work. I'm not sure how to navigate that just yet. 

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

Atticus speaks of dodging the question...while dodging the question. Good work. I'm not sure how to navigate that just yet. 

The question is irrelevant.

It's like asking who was the 15th President of the United States and then getting pissy when someone asks about it's relevance.