There's A Rumor Floating Around South Norman Park

Rufus69

...Well Gurus...

This is rumor...but if things come to fruition...Colquitt could open its 2024/25 season with a decent OOS game in Mack Tharpe.  Lots could happen before Opening Night...but Friday, August 16th could very well be an exciting time.

Waiting on Ole 96 to confirm.  He knows everything Colquitt............

Rufus>>

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

...Well Gurus...

This is rumor...but if things come to fruition...Colquitt could open its 2024/25 season with a decent OOS game in Mack Tharpe.  Lots could happen before Opening Night...but Friday, August 16th could very well be an exciting time.

Rufus>>

If it’s August 16 then that eliminates dang near every state except South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee. 

Meaning it can’t be a decent OOS game. Lol. 

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

...Well Gurus...

Rufus>>

I enjoy a good rumor.

Who it be?

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If it’s August 16 then that eliminates dang near every state except South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee. 

Meaning it can’t be a decent OOS game. Lol. 

That depends on how well Lipscomb Academy does with recruiting and transfers….or, even Brentwood Acad. 

They would be the only ones who could give Colquitt Co. a decent game. 

• Thumbs Down 1

My prediction on the packass was a 4yr stretch witch ended this past season with the packass letting me down with their choke in the playoffs. I didn't predict the lowndes administration to completely destroyed a championship caliber team with two shit show hires with grage and carter. 

10 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

DL likes to travel. I could see them playing both. Unless, Thompson bitches out on the return game? 

Lipscomb is playing the 346th best Florida team on Aug 23. The First Academy from Orlando. 

First Academy is also playing Rabun Gap,GA, Edgewater and Sanford Seminole. 

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Hopefully it's somebody better than Lipscomb Academy.

That ship has sailed.

Rumor is saying...No Lipscomb.

Rumor is saying...Knoxville West.

But.....that's rumor.............

Ole 96 is yet to confirm.

Rufus>>

On 2/3/2024 at 11:15 PM, Ga96 said:

I came across this but it's sad.

Kid needs some help adjusting to life after football. Need someone in pack town to help him before he makes a mistake. Seen this a lot of times over the years.

Ty went to GMC after high school. I'm not sure if he graduated or not. It doesn't look like it from this post. I'm not sure why it is our responsibility to make sure someone that had a free education uses that opportunity correctly. He was given all the support possible and you are still blaming the community for not helping him? How far/long do you extend that? Do you save every kid that plays/played for Lowndes? Sometimes young people have to help themselves. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Ty went to GMC after high school. I'm not sure if he graduated or not. It doesn't look like it from this post. I'm not sure why it is our responsibility to make sure someone that had a free education uses that opportunity correctly. He was given all the support possible and you are still blaming the community for not helping him? How far/long do you extend that? Do you save every kid that plays/played for Lowndes? Sometimes young people have to help themselves. 

Exactly. I think @Ga96 has a natural, built in ability to blame society for everyone’s problems. If he does need help then people close to him should reach out. If you aren’t a family member or friend and are still concerned, then you should help out. There should be a comment under that post with 96 offering to mentor the young man and help him refresh is mental health if that is an issue. SMH 

23 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

ole Joe screwed up milton's freedom bowl. No more freedom bowl according to the AD. 

No he didn’t dumbass. The Freedom Bowl moved the game to the week 0 in most states. The first playing date in Georgia the same as the Corky Kell Classic. That eliminated every state in the country outside of Alabama and the Carolinas. And most of the better Atl schools attend the Kell. So they couldn’t convince some crappy Bama and Carolina teams to come play in a shell of an event. 

On 2/4/2024 at 9:37 AM, RedZone said:

Hopefully it's somebody better than Lipscomb Academy.

That ship has sailed.

Like I said, it depends on Lipscomb’s recruiting. Brentwood Acad got a new coach. Maybe all the transfers went there instead. Other than those two Oakland would be the only other team that could, MAYBE, give Colquitt a game.