Border Bill…..

10 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Go big black to explode in 3…..2…..1 🤣 that’s why I ignore the ignorant

I might be farther right than you on the border issue. But glad I’m in your thoughts, too, and it’s not just little girls you’re thinking of 😘

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

GOP Senator James Lankford (OK) hit a home run today.  

Nothing political about this huh @I AM IRONMAN 🤔 

How embarrassing this is and just a hunch that he wasn’t the only one contacted a month ago. 

https://x.com/acyn/status/1755297920847429720?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

”before they knew any contents of the bill” 

IMG_8567.jpeg

That border bill was a fuckin joke.  More agents to rubber stamp illegals in.  Go check out what Denver is currently going through….another blue city overwhelmed and now crying foul….and all this strain is affecting tax paying Americans…not good for you guys come November 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

That border bill was a fuckin joke.  More agents to rubber stamp illegals in.  Go check out what Denver is currently going through….another blue city overwhelmed and now crying foul….and all this strain is affecting tax paying Americans…not good for you guys come November 

But what about the content of the post you’re replying to?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

You are BEYOND dumb/ blind.   #ignorenotworthmytime

Except you have a first-hand account from a sitting representative of the Republican Party claiming he’s being threatened not to progress any border legislation of any kind… and you’re completely blind to it. Ironyman strikes again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

Except you have a first-hand account from a sitting representative of the Republican Party claiming he’s being threatened not to progress any border legislation of any kind… and you’re completely blind to it. Ironyman strikes again.

The bill is a total farce…just to get money for what they want.  Wow you are gullible. I took you off ignore simply to teach you….back to ignore…..you are to blind for reason…reply in November 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

The bill is a total farce…just to get money for what they want.  Wow you are gullible. I took you off ignore simply to teach you….back to ignore…..you are to blind for reason…reply in November 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Again… what about the content of the post you replied to?

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:18 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

The Senate is trying an end run to get Ukraine funding without any border tightening at all. Their attempt is simply a funding bill and Speaker is not having it.

28d77f615dd29d21.jpeg 

56 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

The Senate is trying an end run to get Ukraine funding without any border tightening at all. Their attempt is simply a funding bill and Speaker is not having it.

28d77f615dd29d21.jpeg 

and don't forget $$ for Israel.....it's both or none. The Speaker "is not having it."....LOL...he's just a puppet for Trump...he said so himself...he speaks with Trump and takes his marching orders from him....SAD.....😪

The New York Times

Here Are the Republicans Breaking With Their Party to Back Ukraine Aid

Carl Hulse
Tue, February 13, 2024 at 7:28 AM EST·5 min read
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) gives a thumbs up as the Senate votes to pass a long-awaited foreign aid package for Ukraine and Israel early Tuesday morning, Feb. 13, 2024. (Anna Rose Layden/The New York Times)

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) gives a thumbs up as the Senate votes to pass a long-awaited foreign aid package for Ukraine and Israel early Tuesday morning, Feb. 13, 2024. (Anna Rose Layden/The New York Times)

WASHINGTON — Seventeen Senate Republicans have bucked a majority of their party and former President Donald Trump in joining Democrats to push military assistance for Ukraine toward approval in the Senate, highlighting a widening foreign policy divide in the contemporary Republican Party.

The 17 senators, mainly national security hawks who include several military veterans, have provided the votes necessary to overcome multiple filibusters backed by a majority of their colleagues, clearing the way for approval within days of $95 billion in aid to Ukraine, Israel and allies in the Pacific region.

“The thread that binds that group together is national security,” said Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., who is one of the 17. “America’s national security, the belief that what happens in Ukraine matters to the United States, the belief that what happens in Israel matters and the belief that what happens in the South Pacific matters.”

Backing the funding could draw condemnation from Trump and his allies, a possibility that was most likely a factor in the decision of some to oppose it.

Some Republicans who have balked at the bill have suggested that they could ultimately back the legislation on final passage after trying to use their opposition to win the chance to change it — an effort that has so far not proved successful. But whether more than half of the 49 Republicans will vote for it remains an open question.

Here’s a closer look at the defectors so far, and what is motivating them.

All But Two of the Senate’s Republican Leaders

The group includes the two top Senate Republicans, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and John Thune of South Dakota, as well as two others on the leadership team: Sens. Joni Ernst of Iowa and Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia.

Two other leaders, Sens. John Barrasso of Wyoming and Steve Daines of Montana, both of whom have endorsed Trump, are opposed.

The sharp split on the funding inside the top echelons of the Senate Republican Conference mirrors a sharp division inside the party, which for much of the post-World War II era has been a strong proponent of exerting American power overseas and standing by U.S. allies. But there is a growing and strong sentiment among Republicans — encouraged by Trump — toward withdrawing from foreign involvement.

McConnell has been among the most vocal proponents of sending aid to Ukraine. He has called Ukraine’s war against Russian aggression an existential issue and argued with increasing fervor in recent days that the United States must not abandon its democratic ally standing up against President Vladimir Putin of Russia.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who has been leading an effort to slow-walk the military assistance measure, on Monday called the idea that bolstering Ukraine was essential to America’s national security “ludicrous.”

“I think sending money to Ukraine actually makes our national security more endangered,” Paul said. “The leadership has come together, but it is the wrong kind of compromise. It is a compromise to loot the Treasury. They are shoveling out borrowed cash.”

Others who voted for the funding include Sens. John Cornyn of Texas, a former top Republican who is interested in rejoining leadership, and Chuck Grassley of Iowa, the longest-serving Senate Republican.

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:18 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

But what about the content of the post you're replying to?  If you don't care about that then just say you don't care.  At least answer the question.