Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread

RedZone

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Obviously right up there with Catholic-BR in pitching depth.

Hard to believe they lost 12 games last year with that kind of pitching staff. 

Did they add 2 or 3 guys this year?

Catholic's strength was going to be pitching coming into the 2024 season. They returned 7 pitchers from their 36-3 squad last year ....... 5 of them have committed to play at the next level including 2 to LSU with of course a possible first rounder.

Catholic will probably go as far as that pitching staff will carry them. It's not like they have 7 guys that throw 100 MPH> they just know how to pitch and aren't afraid to pitch.

2024 Outlook 👇

District: 4-5A

2023 Record: 36-3

2023 Playoff Finish: State Semifinalist

No. of Returning Positional Starters: 4

No. of Returning Pitchers: 7

Team Strengths: Experience and Front-Line Pitching

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Catholic's strength was going to be pitching coming into the 2024 season. They returned 7 pitchers from their 36-3 squad last year ....... 5 of them have committed to play at the next level including 2 to LSU with of course a possible first rounder.

Catholic will probably go as far as that pitching staff will carry them. It's not like they have 7 guys that throw 100 MPH> they just know how to pitch and aren't afraid to pitch.

2024 Outlook 👇

District: 4-5A

2023 Record: 36-3

2023 Playoff Finish: State Semifinalist

No. of Returning Positional Starters: 4

No. of Returning Pitchers: 7

Team Strengths: Experience and Front-Line Pitching

Look you old sicko. You’ve got to stop talking to yourself in public. Between that and your numerous pics of scantily clad young boys, you’re all kinds of fucked up. Get some help! 

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 12:35 PM, RedZone said:

LSU commit Cam Caminiti from Saguaro, AZ had a nice outing. Another one that will never see LSU's campus. Screenshot_20240309-122952-243.thumb.png.9f47571c9b4c53842563baffd904478d.png

Screenshot_20240309-123645-424.png

Out in Arizona.

LSU commit Cam Caminiti pitched a 1-hitter striking out 11 vs Bishop Gorman this afternoon.

Saguaro thumps The Bishop 6-0.

Bishop Gorman is now 1-3 on the year.

Screenshot_20240313-183120-849.png

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Obviously right up there with Catholic-BR in pitching depth.

Hard to believe they lost 12 games last year with that kind of pitching staff. 

Did they add 2 or 3 guys this year?

They were just young last year…. Lots of SO and JR…. They apparently just weren’t quite ready yet….

They lost 7 games in the TL including being swept by Santa Margarita…. SM also beat them in the D1 semi finals…. So 8 of their 12 losses were to TL teams…. Including 1 ea to MD and Servite who I don’t think even made the playoffs…. The TL is a Bitch…. 🤣

They are up 4-0 on JSERRA top of 7…. Pitchers have given up 3 hits and have 7k’s….

On 3/9/2024 at 9:44 PM, Reb72 said:

Definitely could be, Maxpreps gets it wrong about as often as they get it right.  We again went 3-1 in this Tourny losing the 1st game to Parkview Baptist by a run before beating Mandeville 6-0, Dutchtown 14-2 and either Rummel or Shaw 4-1

Knoxville Catholic, TN is playing 4 games in Metro NOLA this week. Came down to play a little baseball and eat some Cajun cuisine.

5A Mandeville La beat Knoxville Catholic, TN yesterday 12-7 and 5A Hahnville, La beat Knoxville Catholic 7-4 yesterday as well..

No real disgrace losing to Mandeville or Hahnville. both will make some noise in the 5A public playoffs this year

Knoxville Catholic was the D2 2023 State Champion in TN. 

Note: Rummel beat John Curtis again yesterday 6-1.

Rummel sweeps the 2 game series. We are starting to get it going!

We got something for Catholic (Baton Rouge) 🙂👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

They were just young last year…. Lots of SO and JR…. They apparently just weren’t quite ready yet….

They lost 7 games in the TL including being swept by Santa Margarita…. SM also beat them in the D1 semi finals…. So 8 of their 12 losses were to TL teams…. Including 1 ea to MD and Servite who I don’t think even made the playoffs…. The TL is a Bitch…. 🤣

They are up 4-0 on JSERRA top of 7…. Pitchers have given up 3 hits and have 7k’s….

Well, currently Orange Lutheran is #1 in California and playing like it. If their pitching is as great as you say it is they're not going to lose very many games this year.

They have a legit shot at a myth national championship.

Of course Stoneman Douglas, FL will have to lose a game and that looks like it's just not going to happen. It will be major news when it does 😉

PREP BASEBALL CALIFORNIA POWER 25

RANK SCHOOL RECORD
1 Orange Lutheran 8-0
2 Corona 3-1
3 Harvard Westlake 8-1-1
4 Huntington Beach 6-2
5 Valley Christian (San Jose) 6-0
6 Cathedral Catholic 4-1
7 La Costa Canyon 3-1
8 Westlake 9-0
9 Aquinas 5-1
10 De La Salle 3-1
11 JSerra 4-3-1
12 Patrick Henry 4-1
13 Maranatha 5-1
14 St. Augustine 3-1
15 South Hills 8-3
16 El Camino Real 5-2
17 Clovis 5-3
18 Cardinal Newman 3-1
19 Clovis West 4-3
20 Great Oak 7-1
21 St. Mary’s (Stockton) 4-1
22 Santa Margarita 6-2-1
23 Norco 7-1
24 San Juan Hills 9-1
25 Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks)

5-4-1

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Well, currently Orange Lutheran is #1 in California and playing like it. If their pitching is as great as you say it is they're not going to lose very many games this year.

They have a legit shot at a myth national championship.

Of course Stoneman Douglas, FL will have to lose a game and that looks like it's just not going to happen. It will be major news when it does 😉

PREP BASEBALL CALIFORNIA POWER 25

RANK SCHOOL RECORD
1 Orange Lutheran 8-0
2 Corona 3-1
3 Harvard Westlake 8-1-1
4 Huntington Beach 6-2
5 Valley Christian (San Jose) 6-0
6 Cathedral Catholic 4-1
7 La Costa Canyon 3-1
8 Westlake 9-0
9 Aquinas 5-1
10 De La Salle 3-1
11 JSerra 4-3-1
12 Patrick Henry 4-1
13 Maranatha 5-1
14 St. Augustine 3-1
15 South Hills 8-3
16 El Camino Real 5-2
17 Clovis 5-3
18 Cardinal Newman 3-1
19 Clovis West 4-3
20 Great Oak 7-1
21 St. Mary’s (Stockton) 4-1
22 Santa Margarita 6-2-1
23 Norco 7-1
24 San Juan Hills 9-1
25 Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks)

5-4-1

Stoneham Douglas doesn’t play nearly as difficult a schedule or league as OLU…. I would take OLU over them in a 3 game series…..

#5 Valley Christian (San Jose) is Nor Cal’s Best team with the Stanford Bound Marsh Brothers…. Junior pitcher Quinton Marsh has pitched 22 inning, given up 11 hits, 1 run and has 41k’s….

They Beat #18 CN 8-2 and put up 14 runs on a Very Good DLS pitching staff in their last Pre-season game, all DLS’s Top pitchers pitched (1 inning ea) in that game except for Sophmore Stanford Commit Grham Schlicht who has yet to pitch for DLS this year…. VC can beat anyone in the state….

#10 DLS already lost to #21 ST Mary’s, so there is not a lot of separation in the top Nor Cal teams…. I will get to see #21 ST Mary’s and #18 CN in person next week, looking forward to that!…..

#17 Clovis and #19 Clovis West are Both ranked way too high…. Not top 25 in the state in my opinion…. I will say though Clovis West is one of the Best HS Baseball Stadiums in the state!…. 🤣

• Like 2

Catholic beat #10 Nationally ranked Lewisburg, MS 4-0 today at the South Walton, Florida event.

LSU commit William Schmidt pitched no-hit ball for 6 innings....Dobson (the Houston commit) finished it up.

Another quality win for Catholic.

This win would have been larger had Lewisburg beat Chiles, FL yesterday. They didn't. 

Lewisburg did beat MaxPreps #4 Farragut, TN game one of the event. Go figure.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Catholic beat #10 Nationally ranked Lewisburg, MS 4-0 today at the South Walton, Florida event.

LSU commit William Schmidt pitched no-hit ball for 6 innings....Dobson (the Houston commit) finished it up.

This win would have been larger had Lewisburg beat Chiles, FL yesterday. They didn't. 

And Farragut beat Knox Catholic 9-1 at their place. Anything can happen in baseball. If I looked at the schedule correctly Farragut is playing BR Catholic and Stoneman Douglas in a double header tomorrow. Why they agreed to that is beyond me. 

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Catholic-BR beats Lincoln out of Tallahassee, FL tonight 5-4 in a tight one. 

Catholic goes 2-0 on the day and moves to 17-0 on the year.

Quick Note on Lincoln: FL

Florida high school baseball has been dominated by the Privates. Lincoln came through in 2017. That Lincoln team ended up #23 in the nation.

"In 2017, the Lincoln Baseball team won the Class 8A State Championship. This made Lincoln the first public school to win a state title since 2001."

.....#6 Lewisburg, MS will probably tumble out of the Maxpreps Top 10 after losing to Catholic-BR and Chiles, FL their last two games. 

I don't think the Farragut win can keep them in the Top 10.

Lots of baseball left to be played though.

Screenshot_20240314-210141-476.png

16 hours ago, RedZone said:

Knoxville Catholic, TN is playing 4 games in Metro NOLA this week. Came down to play a little baseball and eat some Cajun cuisine.

5A Mandeville La beat Knoxville Catholic, TN yesterday 12-7 and 5A Hahnville, La beat Knoxville Catholic 7-4 yesterday as well..

No real disgrace losing to Mandeville or Hahnville. both will make some noise in the 5A public playoffs this year

Knoxville Catholic was the D2 2023 State Champion in TN. 

Note: Rummel beat John Curtis again yesterday 6-1.

Rummel sweeps the 2 game series. We are starting to get it going!

We got something for Catholic (Baton Rouge) 🙂👍

and Barbe showed they are still Barbe beating Sam Houston 8-0

25 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Stoneman Douglas, FL up on South Walton, FL 3-0.

The South Walton pitcher is in the low 90's with good stuff.

He has also hit a batter, walked 2 and has only 3 k’s….. He threw 80 pitches in 4 innings and only 46 strikes…. No control and constantly behind in the count….

Their schedule is pretty week, best team they will play is the TN team…. They would have at least 4 or 5 losses in Cali….. they would be battling for second or third in the TL where you have to play 3 game series with each team…..

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

And Farragut beat Knox Catholic 9-1 at their place. Anything can happen in baseball. If I looked at the schedule correctly Farragut is playing BR Catholic and Stoneman Douglas in a double header tomorrow. Why they agreed to that is beyond me. 

That win is not looking so great for Tennessee Power Farragut.

Archbishop Hannon (Metro NOLA) beat Knoxville Catholic, TN 10-5 today. 

Knoxville Catholic is 0-3 so far on their South Louisiana trip. They will play a decent 5A Slidell, La team tomorrow in their final game of the trip.

20 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

He has also hit a batter, walked 2 and has only 3 k’s….. He threw 80 pitches in 4 innings and only 46 strikes…. No control and constantly behind in the count…

He's committed to Auburn.

He looked pretty good the  couple of batters I saw him face.

Granted, I only peeped in and watched a couple of innings.

South Walton, FL Showdown update.

Catholic-BR beats Farragut, TN 10-4. Farragut's pitching conked out on them. 

Stoneman Douglas is up 2-0 on Farragut in the top of the first with the bases loaded and no outs..... Currently in a rain delay

Meanwhile in NOLA.

Slidell, La thumped  Knoxville Catholic, TN 12-4.

Knoxville Catholic goes 0-4 on their South Louisiana trip.

Been a tough week for the Tennessee powers.

47 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Stoneman Douglas is up 2-0 on Farragut in the top of the first with the bases loaded and no outs..... Currently in a rain delay

Meanwhile in NOLA.

Live stream.

Farragut, TN vs Stoneman Douglas, FL

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Meanwhile in NOLA.

Not sure I would call Knox Catholic a power. Farragut and Collierville usually lead the way in Tennessee. Obviously, the Admirals were a bit overrated this year. I never believed they were top 10 nationally. Maybe top 20-40ish. I was hoping Farragut could win just one damn game against one of the national powers! 

7 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not sure I would call Knox Catholic a power. Farragut and Collierville usually lead the way in Tennessee. Obviously, the Admirals were a bit overrated this year. I never believed they were top 10 nationally. Maybe top 20-40ish. I was hoping Farragut could win just one damn game against one of the national powers! 

In fairness to Farragut they played much better against Stoneman Douglas than they did Catholic-BR.

Stoneman Douglas scored 4 runs in the first inning on just 1 hit. You can't walk 5 batteries and expect anything good to happen.

Farragut changed pitchers in the 2nd inning and he shut down Stoneman Douglas. I'm not quite sure why they didn't start that guy. 

Screenshot_20240316-045248-669.png

• Like 1