Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread

RedZone

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Well you don't see me showing my ass in the California thread, you are here in my baseball thread for some reason ..... and you also don't see me in every thread on this forum like the fruity golf dude. 

You definitely have options on where you spend your "quality time", nut. 

I think people in NOLA are just a little bit more thick skinned and worldly. 

Good luck to you and your family just the same!

Note: some of my best observations about sports and life in general come from me talking to me and no one else. I learn stuff when I follow up my own posts. It's all about learning to me. Not sure what that says about the morons that post here. 😧😂😧

It’s your world Mr Wordly (I was curious, do you take notes when you answer yourself so you don’t forget what you told yourself in case yourself ask later what yourself said? Wouldn’t want to give yourself incorrect information second hand about yourself.)

• Haha 3

Meanwhile in National Baseball news.

(8-8) Park Vista beat nationally ranked Powerhouse Stoneman Douglas 8-2.

It would appear RedZone's observation on Stoneman Douglas was indeed correct. Red, knows baseball.

What say you @Atticus Finch?

LAKE WORTH — Stoneman Douglas felt the venom of a Park Vista baseball team hungry for a statement win on Thursday.

The Cobras dealt the nationally-ranked squad out of Parkland their worst loss of the season, winning 8-2 with a lights out performance from senior pitcher Ethan Mattison.

“Today’s win is pretty high up there with the win way back in my sophomore year in the first round of regional playoffs, along with last year’s Jupiter’s win to send us to states,” Mattison said, now navigating his third year as Vista’s ace.

“I’d like to say they all deserve their own No. 1s on my list.”

Although a repeat of 2023’s undefeated 29-0 run is already out of the question, the Eagles are in pursuit of their fourth consecutive 7A state title.

MaxPreps Top 25 Poll update:

Catholic-BR holding steady at #3 at MaxPreps.

Corona, CA at #1 again.

I'm not feeling the Alabama team at #2. .....they just kind of came out from nowhere and really don't have any impressive wins.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/gEY1qrfCQ0OrxljjQeU-KQ/high-school-baseball-rankings-corona-remains-no-1-in-maxpreps-top-25-but-challenges-await.htm?cid=aa354680-c2b7-4343-abc6-58e341e53e29

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Corona, CA at #1 again.

I'm not feeling the Alabama team at #2. .....they just kind of came out from nowhere and really don't have any impressive wins.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/gEY1qrfCQ0OrxljjQeU-KQ/high-school-baseball-rankings-corona-remains-no-1-in-maxpreps-top-25-but-challenges-await.htm?cid=aa354680-c2b7-4343-abc6-58e341e53e29

Louisiana has wins over 4 of this week's Maxpreps Top 25...... that's impressive.

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Corona, CA at #1 again.

Corona hasn’t beat anyone and lost to the best team they played…. Their best win is over Huntington Beach…. 

OLU has Beat HB, Harvard Westlake, and Corona…. Baseball rankings are proving more and more pointless every week they come out….

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Corona hasn’t beat anyone and lost to the best team they played…. Their best win is over Huntington Beach…. 

OLU has Beat HB, Harvard Westlake, and Corona…. Baseball rankings are proving more and more pointless every week they come out….

Probably the worst rankings of any sport ever. Remember Catholic LA lost to the 180th Florida team who already had 8 losses and they moved UP to national number 1!!

About as useless as tits on a boar 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Baseball polls will work themselves out by the end of the year.

High School baseball teams play 10 to 20 really good teams a year, some more including the playoffs.

Unlike High School football where a team can have 1 or 2 decent wins and ride the entire season out in the top 25 playing a shit schedule. And then morons pull a 51 mile daisy chains to justify every week. Some morons will go back years! 😂😁😂

All high school polls are slightly insane though.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Baseball polls will work themselves out by the end of the year.

High School baseball teams play 10 to 20 really good teams a year, some more including the playoffs.

Unlike High School football where a team can have 1 or 2 decent wins and ride the entire season out in the top 25 playing a shit schedule. And then morons pull a 51 mile daisy chains to justify every week. Some morons will go back years! 😂😁😂

All high school polls are slightly insane though.

This is just not true, the Baseball poll is the most meaningless of them all…. Any team can beat any team in 1 game in baseball and no one plays 20 top teams in a season, there is only like 35 total games including the playoffs….

In CA teams are limited to how many games they can play during the season…. Last year the #1 Team in Nor Cal Cardinal Newman and the #1 Team in So Cal Notre Dame Sherman Oaks were supposed to play in the Championship of the Scott Boras Classic…

NDSO had to pull out of the game because it would have put them over the max games and they would not qualify for the playoffs….

On top of that in So Cal D1 JSERRA won the title…. They Opted out of the So Cal Regional Championship because it’s voluntary and SM won…. I know the SM people feel that JSERRA was Ducking a rematch with SM…. 

SM Took 2 of 3 from JSERRA in League and swept the TL…. JSerra beat SM 1-0 in the D1 Final and finished “Ranked #1 in the State…. These teams were 2-2 vs each other… And JSERRA had 9 losses and were swept in league by MD!…. 

You can’t rank Baseball Teams…. And I do agree with you, all polls ranking HS teams are silly…. There are 9 FB polls now, it is totally watered down….

Any complete Bozo can just make up their own poll hand out a fake trophy and say someone is a “National Champion”…. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

This is just not true, the Baseball poll is the most meaningless of them all…. Any team can beat any team in 1 game in baseball and no one plays 20 top teams in a season, there is only like 35 total games including the playoffs….

In CA teams are limited to how many games they can play during the season…. Last year the #1 Team in Nor Cal Cardinal Newman and the #1 Team in So Cal Notre Dame Sherman Oaks were supposed to play in the Championship of the Scott Boras Classic…

NDSO had to pull out of the game because it would have put them over the max games and they would not qualify for the playoffs….

On top of that in So Cal D1 JSERRA won the title…. They Opted out of the So Cal Regional Championship because it’s voluntary and SM won…. I know the SM people feel that JSERRA was Ducking a rematch with SM…. 

SM Took 2 of 3 from JSERRA in League and swept the TL…. JSerra beat SM 1-0 in the D1 Final and finished “Ranked #1 in the State…. These teams were 2-2 vs each other… And JSERRA had 9 losses and were swept in league by MD!…. 

You can’t rank Baseball Teams…. And I do agree with you, all polls ranking HS teams are silly…. There are 9 FB polls now, it is totally watered down….

Any complete Bozo can just make up their own poll hand out a fake trophy and say someone is a “National Champion”…. 🤣

Bishop Gorman has a stacked baseball roster as usual and were ranked Preseason Top 5 in a lot of the polls..... The Bishop is now 8-5. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/nv/las-vegas/bishop-gorman-gaels/baseball/schedule/

When you play 30 or 40 games in a baseball season you can't very well bully a poll like you can in football> stack a roster and play 1 maybe 2 national teams and spin the rest of the season. 😭

Like I said by the end of the year the baseball polls normally work themselves out.

If STA, FL baseball played a STA football schedule they might be #1 in the nation in baseball one year. 😧🙂

Big Time baseball tournament coming up next week in Cary, NC. Yet another tournament for some of the best teams in the nation to shine or flame out.

Louisiana has played in a bunch of Tournaments/Showdowns this year, but sadly won't have a team in this event. 

RedZone will be following and updating all the action though.

Schedule - April 10

Matchups Time/Result Field Round
Hagerty vs. St. John's College 10:00 a.m. Field 4 First Round
Trinity Christian vs. Apex Friendship 11:00 a.m. Coleman Field First Round
Chaparral vs. Bishop Gorman 12:00 p.m. Field 3 First Round
St. Johns Country Day vs. Huntington Beach 1:30 p.m. Field 4 First Round
Corona vs. Puyallup 2:30 p.m. Coleman FIeld First Round
Harvard-Westlake vs. Key West 4:00 p.m. Field 3 First Round
Casteel vs. Wesleyan Christian 5:00 p.m. Field 4 First Round
Farragut vs. Orange Lutheran 6:00 p.m. Coleman 

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Big Time baseball tournament coming up next week in Cary, NC. Yet another tournament for some of the best teams in the nation to shine or flame out.

Louisiana has played in a bunch of Tournaments/Showdowns this year, but sadly won't have a team in this event. 

RedZone will be following and updating all the action though.

Schedule - April 10

Matchups Time/Result Field Round
Hagerty vs. St. John's College 10:00 a.m. Field 4 First Round
Trinity Christian vs. Apex Friendship 11:00 a.m. Coleman Field First Round
Chaparral vs. Bishop Gorman 12:00 p.m. Field 3 First Round
St. Johns Country Day vs. Huntington Beach 1:30 p.m. Field 4 First Round
Corona vs. Puyallup 2:30 p.m. Coleman FIeld First Round
Harvard-Westlake vs. Key West 4:00 p.m. Field 3 First Round
Casteel vs. Wesleyan Christian 5:00 p.m. Field 4 First Round
Farragut vs. Orange Lutheran 6:00 p.m. Coleman 

Farragut, TN has been on a tear since dropping 4 games at the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover, AL last month.

Of course those 4 losses were to some of the best baseball programs in the nation including Catholic (Baton Rouge).

Catholic beat Farragut, TN 10-4 in that tournament. Orange Lutheran, CA gets Farragut Day 1 of the tournament.

Trinity Christian, FL has been on a tear also and moving up in all the National Polls since losing to Louisiana 5A power Sam Houston 4-2 in a tournament held in Georgia.

Will be interesting to see how this tournament plays out.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

The Texas Rangers won the 2023 World Series last year and they lost 72 games in the regular season. 😁

I think there's a point in there somewhere!

The point is that if a Baseball Championship was won in polls, The Rangers wouldn’t have won anything because the Dodgers would have been Ranked #1 Unanimously…..

Baseball Polls are Totally Meanings…. Championships are win on the field, not by votes or speculation….

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The point is that if a Baseball Championship was won in polls, The Rangers wouldn’t have won anything because the Dodgers would have been Ranked #1 Unanimously…..

Baseball Polls are Totally Meanings…. Championships are win on the field, not by votes or speculation….

You weren't so hard on the baseball pose when Orange Lutheran was #2 with their 11 pitching aces. 😁

You really are a Trinity League, dude.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Farragut, TN has been on a tear since dropping 4 games at the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover, AL last month.

They have won 10 in a row since then, but the competition has been weak (Hartselle,AL was the only decent team they played during that streak). They do have a tough one today, though, against regional power Hardin Valley. That will be a good test for the Admirals. 

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

You weren't so hard on the baseball pose when Orange Lutheran was #2 with their 11 pitching aces. 😁

You really are a Trinity League, dude.

This is not true at all…. I have said all along that Baseball polls are pointless…. I have never said that any team should be ranked #1 or anything….

All I said was OLU would take 2 out of 3 from Stoneman Douglas when they weee ranked #1 to make the case that the polls were meaningless…. That has proven itself out as the rankings have been a revolving door and all the top ranked teams have taken losses….

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

🧹 🧹🧹 @Cossacks @THEOC89

IMG_9356.jpeg

Sure the Dodgers are gonna win at least 100 games this year then eat a turd in the playoff………………..Again! Like they always do.

On a side note I do have to give up to USC Keck hospital and Norris Cancer center.  I had my cancer surgery and have my radiation treatment there and they are one of the best in the world for throat surgery and recovery. Fight On!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

They have won 10 in a row since then, but the competition has been weak (Hartselle,AL was the only decent team they played during that streak). They do have a tough one today, though, against regional power Hardin Valley. That will be a good test for the Admirals. 

There's a 99.99% chance that the 4 teams that beat Farragut, TN at the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover will win state championships in their respective States and end up in the Perfect Game Top 50 this year.

Farragut will travel to Cary, NC and play 4, maybe 5 more games against some of the best teams in the nation. In that group of tournament teams there's more than likely going to be 5 or 6 state champions as well.

People can say it's just 1 game against each tournament team and it doesn't mean anything, but it's 1 game against some of best competition in the Nation in a 3 or 4 days span. 

So it's true, Farragut won't play Orange Lutheran, CA in a 3-game series, but Farragut may play Orange Lutheran, Harvard-Westlake, Corona, Bishop Gorman or any combination of those teams in 4 days.

You just don't get that kind of play/action in any other High School sport! It's not even debatable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

That has proven itself out as the rankings have been a revolving door and all the top ranked teams have taken losses….

In football the Top 3, 4 maybe Top 5 teams can all ride the entire season out in the Top 10 because they just don't get that many opportunities to lose a football game.

Other than that it's a cluster f### like any other Poll.

18 hours ago, RedZone said:

Trinity Christian, FL has been on a tear also and moving up in all the National Polls since losing to Louisiana 5A power Sam Houston 4-2 in a tournament held in Georgia

Since Sam Houston, La thumped Trinity Christian, FL they have run off 14 straight wins and are currently the #1 ranked team in Florida.......

Will be interesting to see how they fare in Cary, NC next week.

Florida Top 10 as of April 1

Screenshot_20240404-085211-422.png

Parkview, GA beat IMG Academy 6-3 Tuesday night handing IMG Academy their 2nd loss of the season. Big win for Parkview!

Catholic (Baton Rouge) beat Parkview, GA 3-1 at the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover last month.

Parkview/IMG Academy recap.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/6klw6x7zZ02Ui7Qn5bvFsw/baseball-game-recap-parkview-panthers-vs-img-academy-ascenders.htm