Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread

RedZone

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

@RedZone  I guess you didn't want to talk about Beaumont Kelly beating Sulphur LA 2-1

They also beat team from Miami FL 

I didn't mention Sulphur beating Texas Preseason #25 Concordia Lutheran out of Houston 6-3 either in this event. 👇

Concordia Lutheran was 33-3 last year and they ended up #6 in Texas.

They got some players too. Look them up.

25 Concordia Lutheran (TAAPS D1)

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

I didn't mention Sulphur beating Texas Preseason #25 Concordia Lutheran out of Houston 6-3 either in this event. 👇

Concordia Lutheran was 33-3 last year and they ended up #6 in Texas.

They got some players too. Look them up.

25 Concordia Lutheran (TAAPS D1)

Was that the day after Concordia Lutheran beat Barbie LA? 

On 2/24/2024 at 10:44 PM, RedZone said:

Sam Houston is headed to Atlanta next week to play three games. Sam Houston's normally pretty tough. 

Louisiana is playing a lot of OOS baseball this year since they changed the rule that you can now get power points for playing OOS teams. 

It's always been about the power points and playoff positions here.

Sam Houston headed to Atlanta 👇

Screenshot_20240224-224012-579.png

One National Poll has Trinity Christian (Jacksonville, FL) #14 Nationally. I completely overlooked that they were that highly regarded in any poll.

That'll be a good test for 5A Sam Houston, La.

I don't think Sam Houston is quite as stacked as they normally are, but they're still a hard team to beat and definitely a Top 10 Louisiana team most years.

Screenshot_20240227-095414-487.png

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 8:08 PM, RedZone said:

The field is set for the 2024 National High School Baseball Invitational in Cary, North Carolina....April 10-13.

California likes this event and are sending 4 of their big guns..... all 4 highly ranked in the National polls.

The complete list of 2024 NHSI participants is below.

High School (City, State)

• Apex Friendship High School (Apex, N.C.)
  • Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas, Nev.)
  • Casteel High School (Queen Creek, Ariz.)
  • Chaparral High School (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
  • Corona High School (Corona, Calif.)
  • Farragut High School (Knoxville, Tenn.)
  • Hagerty High School (Oviedo, Fla.)
  • Harvard-Westlake School (Studio City, Calif.)
  • Huntington Beach High School (Huntington Beach, Calif.)
  • Key West High School (Key West, Fla.)
  • Orange Lutheran High School (Orange, Calif.)
  • Puyallup High School (Puyallup, Wash.)
  • St. John’s College High School (Washington, D.C.)
  • St. Johns Country Day School (Orange Park, Fla.)
  • Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, Fla.)
  • Wesleyan Christian Academy (High Point, N.C.)

I see Trinity Christian will also be playing in the High School baseball Invitational in Cary, NC.......TC must think they have the goods this year, that's a pretty stacked field of baseball teams.

TC also has 2 games scheduled with Top 10 nationally ranked Lowndes, GA.

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/jacksonville/trinity-christian-academy-conquerors/baseball/schedule/

16 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I see Trinity Christian will also be playing in the High School baseball Invitational in Cary, NC.......TC must think they have the goods this year, that's a pretty stacked field of baseball teams.

TC also has 2 games scheduled with Top 10 nationally ranked Lowndes, GA.

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/jacksonville/trinity-christian-academy-conquerors/baseball/schedule/

Lowndes won state last year and got pounded by 5 Florida teams. 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

One National Poll has Trinity Christian (Jacksonville, FL) #14 Nationally. I completely overlooked that they were that highly regarded in any poll.

I don't think Sam Houston is quite as stacked as they normally are, but they're still a hard team to beat and definitely a Top 10 Louisiana team most years.

Note: Trinity Christian Academy is Florida Preseason #3 per Prep Baseball Report and do appear to have some quality baseball players.

....3 Florida Gator commits amongst their cast. 

Team: Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville)
Preseason Rank: 3
2023 Record: 22-5
Playoff Run: Regional Quarterfinals
FHSAA Class: 3A
Head Coach: Jon Murphy

TOP PLAYERS
Name, Position, Class (College Commitment)
Maddox Lee, 3B, 2024 (Santa Fe)
Aiden Arnett, OF, 2025 (Florida)
Aaron Watson, RHP, 2025 (Virginia)
Tyler Ellis, LHP/1B, 2026
Brady Harris, OF, 2026 (Florida)
Brayden Harris, RHP/OF, 2026 (FSU)
Ethan Wheeler, RHP/UT, 2026 (Florida)
Jordan Martinez, SS/RHP, 2026
Gage Petrutz, C/OF, 2026 (Maryland)
Braden McKee, C/1B, 2025

On 2/23/2024 at 6:52 AM, RedZone said:

So Barbe plays one of the best teams in the nation and Louisiana in Live Oak and wins 2-1 on a walk-off home run in the 9th (extra innings)..... then 10 minutes later takes the field against #5 team in the nation Flower Mound, Texas

Did I get that right Miss Football?

https://x.com/PBR_Louisiana/status/1760833718799786401?s=20

I take it you've never played in a baseball tournament.  This is status quo for tourneys. Some days you play as many as 3 games in a day and others as little as 1.  Nothing new, 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I take it you've never played in a baseball tournament.  This is status quo for tourneys. Some days you play as many as 3 games in a day and others as little as 1.  Nothing new, 

I've actually played in many of them including softball. Maybe times are a changing.

That's softball stuff right there.

Breaking down Moeller, OH.

Moeller is ranked Top 10 in a lot of the polls, but won't play their first game until the middle of next month.

Lots of teams will have played close to 10 to 15 games by then.

That all said Moeller does have some very legit talent......more than you would guess an Ohio team had. I wouldn't have guessed that.

2024 SPRING TEAM PREVIEW: ARCHBISHOP MOELLER CRUSADERS

Moeller%20Logo1.pngTeam Name: Archbishop Moeller Crusaders
Head Coach: Tim Held
Division: I
2023 Record: 31-3
2023 Tourney Finish: Division I State Champion
Returning Starters/Pitchers: 1/5

Coach Outlook: "The 2024 team will be anchored by its strong pitching staff. We return a lot of talented and experienced arms from our 2023 state championship team. Our defense will be athletic and our offense will be good, it just needs reps to get in to a groove."

2024 Team Strengths:

• Starting Pitching
  • Defense
  • Offense

Top Returning Players:

• Kellan Klosterman, RHP, '24, Notre Dame recruit - 4-1 2.42 ERA, 53 K, 22 BB
  • Zion Theophilus, RHP, '25, LSU recruit - 7-0, 1.36 ERA, 61 K, 13 BB
  • Luke Pappano, LHP/OF, '25, Ole Miss recruit - 6-0, 0.91 ERA 47 K, 11 BB | .250 AVG, 6 R, 1 RBI, 4 SB
  • Carter Christenson, MIF, '25, Ohio State recruit - .300 AVG, 2 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 14 R, 14 RBI, 3 SB
  • David Hagen, RHP, '24, West Virginia recruit
  • Tyler Heflin, RHP, '24, Youngstown State recruit
  • Will McCullough, '24, Davidson recruit
  • Sam Scuglik, '24, Ashland recruit 

On 2/26/2024 at 5:18 PM, Omaha Vol said:

You’re the only one who “tries” to bash it (also Canes), but all you do is talk to yourself when you do. 

IMG_0028.gif

The way some of these prep baseball rankings are built and the depth of the preview and team makes your "no nonsense football poll" look like a children's coloring book.. 

If I was going to do a football poll I would build it similar to a lot of these baseball sites, but I just don't have the time or resources. I tried one year to go very in-depth.

Anyone can scribble a number by a football team and you're proof of that.

What say you @Atticus Finch.

50 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Breaking down Moeller, OH.

Moeller is ranked Top 10 in a lot of the polls, but won't play their first game until the middle of next month.

Lots of teams will have played close to 10 to 15 games by then.

That all said Moeller does have some very legit talent......more than you would guess an Ohio team had. I wouldn't have guessed that.

2024 SPRING TEAM PREVIEW: ARCHBISHOP MOELLER CRUSADERS

Moeller%20Logo1.pngTeam Name: Archbishop Moeller Crusaders
Head Coach: Tim Held
Division: I
2023 Record: 31-3
2023 Tourney Finish: Division I State Champion
Returning Starters/Pitchers: 1/5

Coach Outlook: "The 2024 team will be anchored by its strong pitching staff. We return a lot of talented and experienced arms from our 2023 state championship team. Our defense will be athletic and our offense will be good, it just needs reps to get in to a groove."

2024 Team Strengths:

• Starting Pitching
  • Defense
  • Offense

Top Returning Players:

• Kellan Klosterman, RHP, '24, Notre Dame recruit - 4-1 2.42 ERA, 53 K, 22 BB
  • Zion Theophilus, RHP, '25, LSU recruit - 7-0, 1.36 ERA, 61 K, 13 BB
  • Luke Pappano, LHP/OF, '25, Ole Miss recruit - 6-0, 0.91 ERA 47 K, 11 BB | .250 AVG, 6 R, 1 RBI, 4 SB
  • Carter Christenson, MIF, '25, Ohio State recruit - .300 AVG, 2 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 14 R, 14 RBI, 3 SB
  • David Hagen, RHP, '24, West Virginia recruit
  • Tyler Heflin, RHP, '24, Youngstown State recruit
  • Will McCullough, '24, Davidson recruit
  • Sam Scuglik, '24, Ashland recruit 

Moeller lost to Regis Jeusit,CO

Regis lost to Cherokee Trail in the playoffs. Cherokee Triail lost to Valor Christian who won state after they got destroyed by 4 straight Florida teams. 

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

If I was going to do a football poll I would build it similar to a lot of these baseball sites, but I just don't have the time or resources. I tried one year to go very in-depth.

Anyone can scribble a number by a football team and you're proof of that.

That's your problem right there. You tried to go in-depth with a poll that has 15,000+ teams to examine. No one person (with another job) has the time to do that properly. And, let's face it, you simply don't have the intellectual chops to do it anyway. 

The amount of research I spend on mine barely scratches the surface on what is truly required for a poll that gets published. That is why mine is just a fun, opinion-based poll. 

There are quite a few people on this forum that could put a poll out that would be just as good, if not better, than mine. Just look at who usually ranks in the top 5 of the Pick'em every year. Those posters would appear to have a better grasp of the national feel year in and year out. Low and behold, I happen to be one of them. I have a sneaky suspicion that you would finish in the bottim half......

I would challenge you to put your own poll out this next season, but I know you don't have the intestinal fortitude to do it. Maybe start small and participate in the Pick'em this next season. I dare you. If you fare okay in it maybe, just maybe, people on here might take you a little more seriously, swamp turd.   

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:39 AM, RedZone said:

I really don't know where Barbe gets all these monsters from. 

If Barbe had this guy going today against #2 IMG Academy they would have a good shot.

Sadly he's expelled. Barbe has some decent pitching, but nobody IMG Academy has never seen before. 

Barbe is probably going to get smoked today. This Barbe team is definitely not as strong as the Barbe National Championship teams and the 2023 team top to bottom .

Barbe ended up #2 nationally last year. 

Maybe these guys will get it rolling. They have been known to.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

If Barbe had this guy going today against #2 IMG Academy they would have a good shot.

Sadly he's expelled. Barbe has some decent pitching, but nobody IMG Academy has seen before. 

Barbe is probably going to get smoked today. This Barbe team is definitely not as strong as the Barbe National Championship teams and the 2023 team top to bottom .

Barbe ended up #2 nationally last year. 

Maybe these guys will get it rolling. They have been known to.

The Perfect Game Baseball Showdown preview for those interested.

It's a stacked field with more D1 college baseball players than you can shake a stick at.

Perfect game has IMG Academy #1 nationally.

They're one of the more reputable baseball polls out there. 

Preview 👇

https://www.perfectgame.org/articles/View.aspx?article=22720

15 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

That's your problem right there. You tried to go in-depth with a poll that has 15,000+ teams to examine. No one person (with another job) has the time to do that properly. And, let's face it, you simply don't have the intellectual chops to do it anyway. 

I don't have a problem right there.

I think you're just upset that beef stew has more consistency and has more meat than your no nonsense Top 100 Poll

Don't blame me for what you're trying to serve us.

Screenshot_20240229-075520-120.png

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

The Perfect Game Baseball Showdown preview for those interested.

It's a stacked field with more D1 college baseball players than you can shake a stick at.

Perfect game has IMG Academy #1 nationally.

They're one of the more reputable baseball polls out there. 

Preview 👇

https://www.perfectgame.org/articles/View.aspx?article=22720

IMG Academy 2024 preview.

Nasty talent as expected 

Probably have close to 20 D1 level players on the roster. Lots of talent headed to some major college baseball programs.

Team: IMG Academy
Preseasonk Rank: 2
2023 Record: 25-0
Playoff Run: N/A
FHSAA Class: Independent
Head Coach: Kason Gabbard

TOP PLAYERS
Name, Position, Class (College Commitment)
Noah Franco, LHP/1B/OF, 2024 (TCU) 
Dean Moss, OF, 2025 (LSU)
Sean Gamble, INF, 2025 (Vanderbilt)
Andre Modugno, INF, 2024 (DUKE) 
Josh Hanson, OF, 2024 (USC)
Jackson LaLima, INF, 2024 (Houston)
Aukai Kea, C, 2024 (Vanderbilt)
Peyton Miller, INF/RHP, 2025 (Clemson)
Gunner Geile, OF, 2024 (Arizona)
Blake Larson, LHP, 2024 (TCU)
Jake Gregor, RHP, 2024 (Louisville)
Keagen Kohlhoff, RHP, 2025

X-FACTOR

Dean Moss, Noah Franco, Sean Gamble

On 2/27/2024 at 10:01 AM, RedZone said:

5A Sam Houston, La beat #14 nationally ranked Trinity Christian Academy, FL in Atlanta today 4-2.

Nice win...

• Like 1

the big Trey Altick Baseball Classic is this weekend in north Louisiana, 45 teams and 10 venues.  Weather is pretty nasty today, raining and 43 degrees but WM begins play with a 8-2 win over Bryant (AR), they were the Arkansas # 10 team last year and play in the same 7A district with Conway and Cabot

treyaltick24.jpg

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

I don't have a problem right there.

I think you're just upset that beef stew has more consistency and has more meat than your no nonsense Top 100 Poll

Don't blame me for what you're trying to serve us.

Screenshot_20240229-075520-120.png

Hey, I like beef stew. Let’s be real, though, beef stew is more akin to your Lousyana jambalaya of teams you represent. Delicious to feast on. Why do you think middle tier Texas teams always play your top teams? They know that they’ll be good appetizers before they play the real teams on their schedules. Hell, Bixby would run roughshod over your swamp turd state. 

28 minutes ago, RedZone said:

IMG Academy 3 Barbe 2 4th

Barbe still has 3 starters out....

Catholic(Baton Rouge) 4 Helena, AL 1 Final

Barbe up 4-3 4th

Barbe had the bases loaded with no outs and only got two runs...... had a real big chance for a big inning. 

Just now, RedZone said:

Barbe up 4-3 4th

Barbe had the bases loaded with no outs and only got two runs...... had a real big chance for a big inning. 

I have the stream, but I don't think anybody wants to watch it.

iMG Academy doesn't have the first starter from Florida, I believe. Crazy