THIS is for Georgia fans only!

ORabidOne

No comments from the Cali Peanut Gallery is needed!

WHY do we have SOOOOO many high schools in the GHSA? What is it now, approaching 500 in a state with 10 mil? HELL, we have a high school at every crossroads! THAT'S why we get all these laughers in the first round of the playoffs! Where a 10-0 routinely plays a 3-7 or WORSE! WHY must a county of 50,000 like Effingham, have TWO HIGH SCHOOLS? Or a county with 40,000 such as Laurens, have THREE plus a private school? But MY all time fav is Toombs county, population 25,000! Where you can't tell when you've left Lyons, and entered Vidalia, where they have THREE high schools! SWEET ONIONS anyone?

And in a quirk of zoning fate! MOST of the adequate 7A stadiums in the ATL, Augusta, Columbus, Athens, Savannah, Albany, Macon, and Cobb METRO'S, are housed in SMALL SCHOOL districts! CONSOLIDATE SOME DAMN SCHOOLS PEOPLE! All the while, while we are forced to trek to places like 7A Mayberry RFD, Walton, Woodstock, and Pebblebrook, where they have 300 seats and an outhouse!

It is really a pretty simply answer Rab. Education is more important than football. It is proven that smaller classes help with students' learning. Instead of packing 5K-10K students in one school, it is more beneficial to create smaller schools. I know it is difficult for you to comprehend but zoning districts are not drawn based on adequate stadiums.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

No comments from the Cali Peanut Gallery is needed!

WHY do we have SOOOOO many high schools in the GHSA? What is it now, approaching 500 in a state with 10 mil? HELL, we have a high school at every crossroads! THAT'S why we get all these laughers in the first round of the playoffs! Where a 10-0 routinely plays a 3-7 or WORSE! WHY must a county of 50,000 like Effingham, have TWO HIGH SCHOOLS? Or a county with 40,000 such as Laurens, have THREE plus a private school? But MY all time fav is Toombs county, population 25,000! Where you can't tell when you've left Lyons, and entered Vidalia, where they have THREE high schools! SWEET ONIONS anyone?

And in a quirk of zoning fate! MOST of the adequate 7A stadiums in the ATL, Augusta, Columbus, Athens, Savannah, Albany, Macon, and Cobb METRO'S, are housed in SMALL SCHOOL districts! CONSOLIDATE SOME DAMN SCHOOLS PEOPLE! All the while, while we are forced to trek to places like 7A Mayberry RFD, Walton, Woodstock, and Pebblebrook, where they have 300 seats and an outhouse!

1. Effingham HS and South Effingham will never consolidate... although I will agree with you on one thing... Guyton does not need a HS if any city does its Rincon... and if I know Effingham. Rincon will get one which will result in a 3rd HS.... which they dont need... 

2. SSU stadium is the only suitable football stadium for 7A... 

3. I will give you this Savannah has too many HS... 

20 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

This stadium size stuff is a Rab Production only. We have been 4A, 5A and 6A and never had a problem with visitor seating at 12 Oaks. We even handled Lowndes and it's band without a problem. The only time we have a problem is when we play Mundy's Mill. The fire Marshal is usually on hand for that one. 

Who or where is SSU Stadium? O.K. I know. Forgot about it. It is in no way the only suitable stadium for 7A. We have some 5A and 6A schools with stadiums big enough to handle 7A crowds. All three stadiums in Clayton could accommodate a 7A playoff game. 

I meant the only suitable one in Savannah for 7A.

29 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

O.K.........There are 5 or so 6A schools in the area. Do any of them have a stadium big enough?

6A schools in Savannah? No... 

Richmond Hills is the largest school in the Savannah Metro... its 6A and Effingham is also 6A but its smaller than Richmond Hills...  

Truthfully Richmond Hills is borderline 7A... that area is fast growing... I mean very fast... 

And no the Savannah schools share a stadium... 

To be more specific the publics do... 

The privates have their own... and no they dont share...  they dont let the publics use them either... 

Here are the stadiums in Chatham County:

Savannah:

Memorial Stadium 

Ted Wright(SSU) 

Garden City:

Groves-Garden City stadium 

Pooler:

Pooler stadium 

Thats about it...  

And all of the stadiums save for Garden City are Multi-Purpose owned by the city not the school system... 

If you look at the average Savannah HS schedule theres 3 Neutral games 2 home games 5 away games... 

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

This stadium size stuff is a Rab Production only. We have been 4A, 5A and 6A and never had a problem with visitor seating at 12 Oaks. We even handled Lowndes and it's band without a problem. The only time we have a problem is when we play Mundy's Mill. The fire Marshal is usually on hand for that one. 

Who or where is SSU Stadium? O.K. I know. Forgot about it. It is in no way the only suitable stadium for 7A. We have some 5A and 6A schools with stadiums big enough to handle 7A crowds. All three stadiums in Clayton could accommodate a 7A playoff game. 

Well, I agree with Rab on the seating issue for the most part. The GHSA rules are the rules, and per usual they don't really get enforced in thr ATL. 

2014 at South Forsyth was tidiculous. I mean RIDICULOUS with capital letters.

Their stadium did not fit the criteria provided by the GHSA yet the won the coin flip and we had to travel there anyway. Don't get me wrong, they did the best they could to accomodate with temporary stands from endzone to endzone, but, it still wasn't enough. And if I didn't already post this... The rules are the rules. Yet the ATL schools always get to circumvent the rules. 

This year, we haven't been travelling as heavy, crowd-wise so it may or may not be an issue at Pebblebrook, but again, the rules are the damn rules. We shouldn't have to be concerned with whether there are enough seats to accomodate us at a 7A school. I can't stress that enough

42 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Rules are rules HawgGone but those rules don't take affect until the semis. South Forsyth was pitiful though. Softball bleachers were not the answer.

Yes I understand that the seating rule doesn't apply until then, but the point is, these teams are in the playoffs and could potentially make the semis, win a coin toss and host a team like Colquitt. It seems like the GHSA should address this somehow ahead of time. 

I would have just as soon brought my folding chairs to South Forsyth than to end up with a ground level view from the 20 yard line in uncomfortable seating. If I'm watching from ground level anyway, let me bring my folding rocker or something so I can at least be comfortable watching the game with a poor vantage point. xD

• Thanks 1

Hey I was at that S Forsyth game - the good news is when you away parked you were literally there when you walk in lmao they had small ass added in bleachers for little league tball games wrapped around the away size - and if you weren’t there early ya didn’t get a seat. It was incredibly hard to see even with the seat because they were so low. But it was actually a great game and worth my trip. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I agree with Rab on the seating issue for the most part. The GHSA rules are the rules, and per usual they don't really get enforced in thr ATL. 

2014 at South Forsyth was tidiculous. I mean RIDICULOUS with capital letters.

Their stadium did not fit the criteria provided by the GHSA yet the won the coin flip and we had to travel there anyway. Don't get me wrong, they did the best they could to accomodate with temporary stands from endzone to endzone, but, it still wasn't enough. And if I didn't already post this... The rules are the rules. Yet the ATL schools always get to circumvent the rules. 

This year, we haven't been travelling as heavy, crowd-wise so it may or may not be an issue at Pebblebrook, but again, the rules are the damn rules. We shouldn't have to be concerned with whether there are enough seats to accomodate us at a 7A school. I can't stress that enough

It was 2015 but who's counting?  The seating rules only apply for semi finals and there was a semi final last year or year before that got moved in 7A.  Can't remember who it was right now.  As I've said to Rab, if your AD knows ahead of time seating will be a problem, he/she should be contacting the opposing school AD and put them on notice about the equal numbers provision which DOES apply all the playoffs.  If your AD doesn't do that, shame on him.

14 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

It is really a pretty simply answer Rab. Education is more important than football. It is proven that smaller classes help with students' learning. Instead of packing 5K-10K students in one school, it is more beneficial to create smaller schools. I know it is difficult for you to comprehend but zoning districts are not drawn based on adequate stadiums.

Don't give me this bullshit about MORE and SMALLER, is BETTER! I remember a time when Colquitt county had FOUR high schools! NOW it has ONE, and isn't facing a lack of accreditation, as the smaller schools were back then prior to consolidation! Small schools barely have a decent library, and funding for extra curricular activities! Funding is governed by NUMBERS in enrollment! And I believe that there is a state mandate today, that class sizes be small! Certainly small compared to the 30-50 in each class, that we had when I was in high school, OR college! And generally speaking, the quality of education FAR exceeded that of today! They divided the classes into five groups back then! A #1, 2 #2's, and 2 #3's! And from what I've been able to glean from talking to kids in AP classes today! Our #1's and #2's were comparable to their's!

And WHO has 5-10,000 in a HIGH SCHOOL? At any rate, I would imagine that 4,000 student Mill Creek,(the largest school in the Southeast) has a better quality of education that ANY small public school in the state! VASTLY better resources from which to teach!