To all the Bogus polls and Cali loving idiots

Texasball

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Bottom line SJB couldn't get much separation against the DBs of STA.  Didn't get much run game going.

Kinda funny that SJB won state with that other kid.  I guess he was good enough against California competition!

All 3 starters have been replaced.  Its very fortunate that the backups are all better. 

The QB who was the center of the problem has been replaced by a better QB in DJ who now has six games under his belt.

IMO the real reason to all the issues the #1 WR left the building last week and look how much the O finally  was able to open up.

RB Flowers was lost for the season due to injury but his replacements Holonani and Savage along with DJ ran for over 250 yds this wk.

1 hour ago, BB bos said:

All 3 starters have been replaced.  Its very fortunate that the backups are all better. 

The QB who was the center of the problem has been replaced by a better QB in DJ who now has six games under his belt.

IMO the real reason to all the issues the #1 WR left the building last week and look how much the O finally  was able to open up.

RB Flowers was lost for the season due to injury but his replacements Holonani and Savage along with DJ ran for over 250 yds this wk.

Your coaches are not very wise if it took starters quitting and getting injured before they put in the better players.

Truth is they aren't much if any better, and have benefitted from playing defenses that aren't as good as STA's. 

• Like 1

Go back to wk 1 threads I said all along the main issue was the horrible play at a WR.

The team started the season as a run 1st team catering to the ability of the qb at the time. 

Re-Al's problem was when his read was to throw.....to the open man..... Cooley couldn't catch a cold. Tip balls led to ints 

running the wrong routes led to ints alligator arms led to ints.

This continued thru the season and led to Re-Al's benching 

If you look at DJ's 1st 3 of 4 games against Garce Dorsey MD the same thing happen when throwing to said #1 WR.

DJ started throwing to other options which led to WR pulling tent and walking out last week.

20 hours ago, Texasball said:

Regardless of who really has the best team in the country.

The quality and level of play of the final 16 team in not one but the top two Texas playoff brackets is far superior to any other bracket around the nation.

The quality depth is off the charts based on the current landscape of high school football.  Any true knowledgeable pollster or fan can see this if willing to be honest.  Doing this while having split playoff system and still having this much quality is simply amazing- blows the doors off of California 

Div 1 teams--- Houston Lamar, North Shore, Coppell, Hendrickson, Atascocita, SA O'Connor, Arlington Martin, Allen, Katy, Duncanville, Sachse or Rockwall, Judson or Lake Travis- 

6A Div 2--- Westlake, Steele, Klein Collins, Cy-Fair, Langham Creek, Mansfield, Midway, Lufkin, Westfield, Longview, Clear Lake, Desoto or SLC

Simply the best high level football being played.

IMO Florida could possibly match this with one not two groupings if they could get the best all in one bracket.

California couldn't do it regardless of how they would align themselves.

Fact of the matter - I personally believe overall the top Division in Georgia has overall more true quality depth than does what Cali has in their top bracket.

The top bracket in California counting the north and south region might have 4 or 5 teams in the entire state could be included with teams mentioned above - MD, SJB, DLS, Cent10 and Poly  - This state considering the size has very weak depth!  

SOOOOOOO, is THAT why with FEW exceptions, the Tejas SWEEEEEEEET Sixteen usually has multiple ASS KICKINS?xD

6 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Your coaches are not very wise if it took starters quitting and getting injured before they put in the better players.

Truth is they aren't much if any better, and have benefitted from playing defenses that aren't as good as STA's. 

Exactly - the truth being that MDs defense is less than STA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BB bos said:

Did this against Cent10 that is never good.  

These guys don't just have 1 bad year defensively - they have not put good defense with that offense in memory.

By the way Bosco fans - I do give you guys outside chance to beat MD.

I believe MDs defense is very average also.  I believe they benefited playing BG early and you guys with such young QB - 

I don't believe there is that much difference between either team.  We will see if SJB offense can execute better this time earlier in the game.

Bosco wlll be fine.  Their D played better than STA's     9 of 10 possessions were 3 and outs YES NINE OF TEN..

46 total yds in the 1st half  QB was 2 for 5 20yds  the 2nd half was worse either  - 2 passing  29 yds rushing .....+10yrds in OT

The 2nd possession started with RE-Als int plus two penalties got them to the red zone 2 sacks on 2nd and 3rd kept them to the fg.

Bosco had 250 yds just couldn't convert to pts 

They also replaced the starting kicker since then too,  as he missed the two fg attempts

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BB bos said:

Bosco wlll be fine.  Their D played better than STA's     9 of 10 possessions were 3 and outs YES NINE OF TEN..

46 total yds in the 1st half  QB was 2 for 5 20yds  the 2nd half was worse either  - 2 passing  29 yds rushing .....+10yrds in OT

The 2nd possession started with RE-Als int plus two penalties got them to the red zone 2 sacks on 2nd and 3rd kept them to the fg.

Bosco had 250 yds just couldn't convert to pts 

They also replaced the starting kicker since then too,  as he missed the two fg attempts

STA has been shut out against Arizona team.  Beat soundly by Florida team that got knocked out in the first round in another division.

I hope y'all beat MD - only because I am convinced that MD is a little overrated.

I watched the first game and I thought if the QB would have had little more game under his belt the game could have been much closer.  There are wholes bigger than LA in that defense!

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

STA has been shut out against Arizona team.  Beat soundly by Florida team that got knocked out in the first round in another division.

I hope y'all beat MD - only because I am convinced that MD is a little overrated.

I watched the first game and I thought if the QB would have had little more game under his belt the game could have been much closer.  There are wholes bigger than LA in that defense!

And fortunately MD hasn't played a team that can exploit them. Mission Viejo had plenty of chances this past Friday, but their QB couldn't make them pay.

The entire MD vs MV game is on Youtube...I would encourage all to watch!

Then lol at all the bogus polls across this country pimping this team like they are the 2nd coming.

Take damn good look at the competition that MV brings to the table...You here all this and that about this bracket and the teams - 

then you see MV --- I doubt they are any better than Rockwall and I am being serious - Flower Mound Marcus maybe - It's total joke for these people to talk about these teams like they do.

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The entire MD vs MV game is on Youtube...I would encourage all to watch!

Then lol at all the bogus polls across this country pimping this team like they are the 2nd coming.

Take damn good look at the competition that MV brings to the table...You here all this and that about this bracket and the teams - 

then you see MV --- I doubt they are any better than Rockwall and I am being serious - Flower Mound Marcus maybe - It's total joke for these people to talk about these teams like they do.

MV would get clobbered by the Texas 5A champ as well right?

Hopefully they never play a team like Aledo. Huh?

We get to here how great these teams are from idiots like you.

6 minutes ago, BB bos said:

Its simple if your not a top 15 TEAM IN THE NATION your not staying within double digits of MD this season.

Anyone stupid enough to think MD has no defense or is mediocre is agenda filled. Simple as that.   

CChatter is the same guy that doesn't understand anything about Fromm and UGA(Yet watches them weekly). He doesn''t get the fact that a QB that gets to throw to wide open WR's when they're running the ball and sucking up the LB's isn't doing something special . Most of the people on here have no clue what they're watching.

Here's some #'s a fellow So cal poster has put together.....

The numbers show a pretty stark picture of how Division I football - especially parochial football - has changed over the last 10 or so years in Orange County and the CIF.

Of the six Trinity League teams, four of them have one D1 titles over the 11 years: Orange Lutheran in 2006, Servite in 2009 and 2010, Santa Margarita in 2011, St. John Bosco in 2013 and 2016. Only JSerra - which has only become competitive over the last five years – and Mater Dei have not won titles.

But there is more to the story than that. In 2006, Orange Lutheran went 4-1 in league, losing to Servite and almost Mater Dei while outscoring its four opponents (JSerra forfeited in those days) by an average of 9 points.

In 2009 and 2010, Servite went 10 – 0 in league but with four of those victories fairly close, by 10 points or less, while outscoring its league opponents by an average of just over 18 points.

In 2011, Santa Margarita went 3-2 in league outscoring its opponents by an average of 7 points.

By comparison, St. John Bosco since 2013 has gone 23 – 2 in league losing only to - you guessed it - Mater Dei. If you subtract those two games versus Mater Dei they had between 2013 and 2016 outscored their league components by an average of 35 points, falling off to a mere 22 points this year.

Mater Dei since 2015 has gone 13 – 2 in league, losing only to JSerra and – you guessed it – St. John Bosco. If you subtract their games versus Bosco they have outscored their league opponents by an average of 36 points for the last three years.

Why the abrupt disparity the last five years? Have Coaches Negro and Rollinson and their staffs suddenly become incomparable tacticians? Have the other Trinity league teams tanked? Obviously "no" to both questions. In fact, the Trinity league top to bottom has probably never been stronger than over the last two years.

We all know what has happened. It has long been understood for as long as the CIF has existed that athletic transfers and recruitment of athletes whether from other high schools or from junior high/elementary schools was verboten. It happened, of course, but the occurrences were for whatever reason relatively uncommon. In Orange County basketball, the dam broke with the appearance of Coach Gary McKnight and the regular transfer of elite basketball players into the program. As I don't pay much attention to high school basketball any more, I don't know exactly when that dam broke but as a result there is no competitiveness in local high school basketball, with Mater Dei winning its last 102 league games. The team is now euphemistically referred to as a "national program." It sure as hell is not a local one and like many previous fans I don't give a damn about the sport anymore.

The MD football program starting circa 1990 delved into those waters to a much lesser degree but it was still the start of the Orange County flood. It's partisans will undoubtedly disagree with that assessment but we must recall and went to the old adage that "No single drop ever feels it is responsible for the flood."

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BB bos said:

Same here with Rosen and Darnald.....  Darnald throws a two yrd pass to completely uncovered wr who runs 40 yds is not the same as Rosen putting the ball on a dime 40 yds down field.

USC is a TOP 10 TEAM

I don't think that happens to often for Darnold,  but I do think Rosen is more polished. Although lately he has that Cutler personality(I don't care if we win)