To all the Bogus polls and Cali loving idiots

Texasball

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

Stop scheduling New Mexico and leave your safe space is all I can tell ya.If you don’t believe SJB and BG are top 20 you don’t know what you’re watching....but we already knew that 

He doesn’t think SJB or BG can beat Flower Mound

nice to have an active Texan in board — next step is finding one that’s rationale or sane 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 10:24 AM, Belly Bob said:

We have had showdowns in the past.

CA has beaten the very best from NV.

CA has beaten the very best from OH.

CA has beaten the very best from NJ.

CA has beaten the very best from AZ.

Hell

CA has beaten the very best from OR and elite teams from UT and MD.

And all this just in the last few seasons.

Pick a different hobby-horse. You're embarrassing yourself and TX by extension. 

Let’s put this in a better perspective. 

Gorman is 16-3 vs CA going back to 2004.

Gorman is also 9-1 vs the Trinity league. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

The truth is MD has not beat a top 20 team this year.

The Trinity league is laughable as a big boy league.

BG is not top 20

SJB is not top 20 

BC NJ is not top 20

National Champ was given before the season started by the idiots who do the bogus national polls.

Yes, and all the idiots were going to learn how different TX football was when ET traveled to WA.

And all the idiots were going to learn how stupid it was for 5dimes to give BG 20 points over Cedar Hill.

Then ET lost in WA.

And CH lost by thirty in NV. 

Maybe the idiot isn't everyone else. 

17 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Let’s put this in a better perspective. 

Gorman is 16-3 vs CA going back to 2004.

Gorman is also 9-1 vs the Trinity league. 

How does this put what I said into better perspective?

We all know that BG has fielded some of the best high school football teams in the country over the last few seasons.

Or are you trying to discount their wins against CA and the Trinity League?

“to all the bogus polls before, who traveled in and out my door... I’m glad they came along, I dedicate this song, to all the bogus polls before”

“to all the homer posts we’ve read, many Steeler and Los killed dead... from state scaling to black eyes, or White Castle with French fries, to all the bogus polls before”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Yes, and all the idiots were going to learn how different TX football was when ET traveled to WA.

And all the idiots were going to learn how stupid it was for 5dimes to give BG 20 points over Cedar Hill.

Then ET lost in WA.

And CH lost by thirty in NV. 

Maybe the idiot isn't everyone else. 

It was know shame for that ET team lose in OT vs that Bellevue team.  Jesus, I watched 2 weeks later Desoto hang 40 on them in the first half.

These are solid teams but not state championship quality when they played these games - playing probably the best team these schools ever had.

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It was know shame for that ET team lose in OT vs that Bellevue team.  Jesus, I watched 2 weeks later Desoto hang 40 on them in the first half.

These are solid teams but not state championship quality when they played these games - playing probably the best team these schools ever had.

I never said that there was shame in losing.

My point was that the "idiots who do the bogus national polls" got it right on both accounts and the outspoken guys from TX who thought that Bellevue was overrated bc they played in WA and that BG wasn't 20 points better than CH got it wrong.

And in light of that fact, there's a good chance that the guy from TX who is now railing against the bogus national polls and the idiot pollsters is getting it wrong.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

We’ve been over this T-ball.Just because you lose to a team in the regular season doesn’t mean you won’t beat them in a playoff.Happens every year in every state.

He just can't get over the fact that DLS would've crushed Trinity had they played later that year and SJB would smack STA around if they played again this year. 

I'd like to see Tex put out a poll of his own. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

He just can't get over the fact that DLS would've crushed Trinity had they played later that year and SJB would smack STA around if they played again this year. 

😂 the top 7-8 teams would all be from Texas...then another state...7-8 more from Texas 😂

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

We’ve been over this T-ball.Just because you lose to a team in the regular season doesn’t mean you won’t beat them in a playoff.Happens every year in every state.

It happens yes - Still in this situation pollsters should not pretend it did not happen.  They don't get another chance to play them this year!

You can't automatically say who would win if they played again.  For this season the boys from SJB lined up against STA and they got beat and that is all that should matter in the rankings!  

If it's and buts was candy nuts we all have merry f'ing christmas.  

The only thing valid in this conversation is that SJB lost the game on the field!!

14 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It happens yes - Still in this situation pollsters should not pretend it did not happen.  They don't get another chance to play them this year!

You can't automatically say who would win if they played again.  For this season the boys from SJB lined up against STA and they got beat and that is all that should matter in the rankings!  

The only thing valid in this conversation is that SJB lost the game on the field!!

Except that the whole ranking system is grounded in hypothetical...nobody knows anything for sure 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Texasball said:

[...]

Good. 

So try to be consistent and stop telling us how well TX would do against MD if they played, since as you yourself say, we can't know until they actually line up.

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I never said that there was shame in losing.

My point was that the "idiots who do the bogus national polls" got it right on both accounts and the outspoken guys from TX who thought that Bellevue was overrated bc they played in WA and that BG wasn't 20 points better than CH got it wrong.

And in light of that fact, there's a good chance that the guy from TX who is now railing against the bogus national polls and the idiot pollsters is getting it wrong.

First off - I have always said from the beginning of my time posting that all national HS polls are Bogus.

It is not possible to rank High School football correctly!

I have never thought the best team is always from Texas.  I believe by land slide the state Texas has by far the most high quality depth.

That doesn't mean that other states do not have any team or multiple teams capable of beating our best.

Let's take that Bellevue team that beat Trinity in OT -  by the way - I am not from Trinity - However, I have old friend who is a Athletic Director at another school who lives just outside of Seattle - So I went to this game.  Trinity had legit chance to win that game in regulation they had the ball and driving at midfield with plenty of time to score - They went play action and was going to hit the post - It was wide open - But Myles Jack - Knocked the QB out and forced fumble on the same play - so the game went OT - The back up QB throw Int on the first play of OT - ball game.  - 

Trinity was in the same type game the very next week playing at home vs Tulsa Union who was not nearly ranked as high as Bellevue -  I was on the sideline during this game - Trinity won very close lowing scoring game - One of the hardest hitting FB games I have ever witnessed.

The next week I am at the Desoto vs Trinity game -  Desoto ran through Trinity like they was nothing in the first half of that game scoring every time they had the ball.

Texas Big School Champion that year was Allen -  They themselves had been beat in OT by Coppell in OT mid season - Trinity got knocked out of the playoffs by SLC in the 3rd round.

At the end of the day the State of Texas could have probably sent 15 different teams to play that Bellevue team and either beat them or play good game like Trinity.

None of this means Bellevue was not good - They had fine ball team - We just have a lot more of that same level 

So when I seen a Bellevue team ranked nationally in the top 10 like they was - I have the knowledge and understanding that the state of Texas has 10 teams just as good or who could actually be ranked ahead of them.

When I watch MD - I see a good team - However, I see multiple teams in Texas, Florida, and Georgia who I believe would stand good chance of beating them.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

That's easy to say harder to actually do.

Personally - I believe TX could have lined up 10 or maybe more different schools and beat that DLS team.

25 minutes ago, Texasball said:

First off - I have always said from the beginning of my time posting that all national HS polls are Bogus.

It is not possible to rank High School football correctly!

I have never thought the best team is always from Texas.  I believe by land slide the state Texas has by far the most high quality depth.

That doesn't mean that other states do not have any team or multiple teams capable of beating our best.

Let's take that Bellevue team that beat Trinity in OT -  by the way - I am not from Trinity - However, I have old friend who is a Athletic Director at another school who lives just outside of Seattle - So I went to this game.  Trinity had legit chance to win that game in regulation they had the ball and driving at midfield with plenty of time to score - They went play action and was going to hit the post - It was wide open - But Myles Jack - Knocked the QB out and forced fumble on the same play - so the game went OT - The back up QB throw Int on the first play of OT - ball game.  - 

Trinity was in the same type game the very next week playing at home vs Tulsa Union who was not nearly ranked as high as Bellevue -  I was on the sideline during this game - Trinity won very close lowing scoring game - One of the hardest hitting FB games I have ever witnessed.

The next week I am at the Desoto vs Trinity game -  Desoto ran through Trinity like they was nothing in the first half of that game scoring every time they had the ball.

Texas Big School Champion that year was Allen -  They themselves had been beat in OT by Coppell in OT mid season - Trinity got knocked out of the playoffs by SLC in the 3rd round.

At the end of the day the State of Texas could have probably sent 15 different teams to play that Bellevue team and either beat them or play good game like Trinity.

None of this means Bellevue was not good - They had fine ball team - We just have a lot more of that same level 

So when I seen a Bellevue team ranked nationally in the top 10 like they was - I have the knowledge and understanding that the state of Texas has 10 teams just as good or who could actually be ranked ahead of them.

When I watch MD - I see a good team - However, I see multiple teams in Texas, Florida, and Georgia who I believe would stand good chance of beating them.   

Well, I've always said that TX has the best HSFB in respect of depth and in other ways too. Check the record.

And I agree that most years TX has the greatest number of teams that "would stand a good chance" of beating many of the top-ranked teams from other states. I think that follows as a matter of logic from the claim that TX has greatest depth of all the states.

That's why I like Sammy's tier system of ranking teams, even if he botches the execution. It allows us to make course-grained distinctions among teams, which is probably all we can do on the available evidence.

I would think that TX would have the greatest number of Tier-2 and Tier-3 teams most years, for example. 

So maybe we agree on more than we might have thought. 

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

How does this put what I said into better perspective?

We all know that BG has fielded some of the best high school football teams in the country over the last few seasons.

Or are you trying to discount their wins against CA and the Trinity League?

Option B. Gorman should seek out more games with Southeastern teams instead of California.

53 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Personally - I believe TX could have lined up 10 or maybe more different schools and beat that DLS team.

I’m not arguing that. Texas is the deepest state IMO. Any one of those teams is capable of knocking off a top team from any state. I just think DLS would’ve beaten Trinity in a rematch. 

Believe me, I’m in no way knocking TX football. All you have to do is check out my poll over the last few years. 

31 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I’m not arguing that. Texas is the deepest state IMO. Any one of those teams is capable of knocking off a top team from any state. I just think DLS would’ve beaten Trinity in a rematch. 

Believe me, I’m in no way knocking TX football. All you have to do is check out my poll over the last few years. 

What would have been the difference?  Historically, Trinity gets better as the season goes.  

They have never won our state championship with undefeated record.

The last year they won our state championship was 2009 -  This is the year they beat Utah state champion Bingham 42-21 They got beat the next 2 weeks after the Bingham game by Cedar Hill and Allen.  They won some very competitive playoff games that year over - Plano, Arlington Martin, Stony Point, and Westlake in the final.

IMO the best team they have ever produced did not win state - It's the team that got beat in the final vs Pearland  - That year 2010 Texas was loaded -  This Trinity team IMO was just worn down by the time the played Pearland 

2nd Round beat Allen 37-35

3rd round beat Martin 42-21 - this game was 14 all at the half 

4th round beat Coppell 41-40 They was down 30-21 in this gamer

5th round beat Stony Point 28-24 In this game they was down 17-14 at half

Then got beat in the final 28-24

In 2007 - They won state lost the 2nd game of the season 30-3 vs Odessa Permain -  Then beat them 38-14 in the playoffs 

They won 3 more very close games to finish the playoff run that year.

4th round 21-14 over Arlington Bowie

5th round 30-27 over plano

Then beat Judson in the final 13-10

Trinity had some damn good teams - but winning our state championship has never been easy for them.

Hell, this year they got whipped in Oklahoma by a very good team - They got whipped by 5A team Colleyville Heritage (this team has been whipped by Aledo to start the season)  Right now this Trinity team might be the most improved improved team in the state since the beginning of the season

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

That's easy to say harder to actually do.

10 huh, wow. Would those 10 all be from 7A or your including some 6A teams too? This is our state champ your talking about.