Real reason Logan is a great coach

Ararar

RESPECT

This is refreshing to see how Logan carries himself after losing to SJB versus how Sponge Bob acted after losing to MD. Logan is a true class act.  He has poured his heart into the Cen10 program the past 20 years. I like how Sondheimer wrote that he hopes Logan doesn’t get lured to a private school. Several have tried but to no avail. It is clear what  Sondy is making reference to because lots of pundits believe the job at Mater Dei is his when Rollinson retires which could be within 2 years.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I just try to fit in around here. When in Rome, ya know?

Uh huh, right.  YOU and Rab trolled off topic into a thread about Coach Logan with nothing more than your usual malintent.  Notice not a single other poster did that.  The only difference from your usual tactic is Rab normally takes the lead and you’re the sidekick.   

Fortunately for the rest of the Georgia contingent, most people here understand you to be the anomaly.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Uh huh, right.  YOU and Rab trolled off topic into a thread about Coach Logan with nothing more than your usual malintent.  Notice not a single other poster did that.  The only difference from your usual tactic is Rab normally takes the lead and you’re the sidekick.   

Fortunately for the rest of the Georgia contingent, most people here understand you to be the anomaly.

Boo Hoo.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:14 PM, Mjd33 said:

Good read. This will forever be known as the season of what ifs for CC... what if tanner plays against img and sjb. 

Here’s another thing that makes Logan a great coach.  In the 2016 game against IMG, Cen10 had a first and goal from the IMG three yard line with something like 1:16 left in the game.  He could have intentionally wasted time forcing IMG to use their timeouts and then scored leaving them almost no time to respond.  

Instead he chose to score immediately and put it on his defense to step up and get the needed stop. 

A lot of Centennial fans were confused and upset but Logan wouldn’t have been happy winning in a bit of a backhanded fashion.

He recognized that IMG had travelled a great distance and provided Centennial with a chance to play a great opponent.

As it turned out, they lost on a last second two point conversion, but the kids learned a valuable lesson that how you go about trying to achieve your goals, is as important as reaching the goal.

12 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Here’s another thing that makes Logan a great coach.  In the 2016 game against IMG, Cen10 had a first and goal from the IMG three yard line with something like 1:16 left in the game.  He could have intentionally wasted time forcing IMG to use their timeouts and then scored leaving them almost no time to respond.  

Instead he chose to score immediately and put it on his defense to step up and get the needed stop. 

A lot of Centennial fans were confused and upset but Logan wouldn’t have been happy winning in a bit of a backhanded fashion.

He recognized that IMG had travelled a great distance and provided Centennial with a chance to play a great opponent.

As it turned out, they lost on a last second two point conversion, but the kids learned a valuable lesson that how you go about trying to achieve your goals, is as important as reaching the goal.

Ok this is incorrect. I watched the game ... and I was actually the one to post on the forum Logan should kill clock and not score right away. That was a coaching mistake. A big one at that .... he didn’t purposely give img a chance to come back to give his defense an opportunity to step up.... that’s hogwash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Ok this is incorrect. I watched the game ... and I was actually the one to post on the forum Logan should kill clock and not score right away. That was a coaching mistake. A big one at that .... he didn’t purposely give img a chance to come back to give his defense an opportunity to step up.... that’s hogwash. 

I was at the game and when I saw the situation unfolding, I initially thought the same.  My daughter a Cen10 junior at the time was really upset and on the way home I rationalized it to her as above.  She’s friends with, and has worked on school projects with some guys on the team and was surprised to find out it was pretty much as I explained.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I was at the game and when I saw the situation unfolding, I initially thought the same.  My daughter a Cen10 junior at the time was really upset and on the way home I rationalized it to her as above.  She’s friends with, and has worked on school projects with some guys on the team and was surprised to find out it was pretty much as I explained.

I don’t want to turn the attention away from the original post which is a great story  ..... but Logan completely blew the ending of IMG part 1. Period. 

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I don’t want to turn the attention away from the original post which is a great story  ..... but Logan completely blew the ending of IMG part 1. Period. 

The ending was inconsequential.   The fact that  a Calif public school could roll up (7) Seven Touchdowns in a single game vs. Lord god KIng IMG was the Calif hammer we were expecting to see.  Especially since Lord god King IMG shut out Ga #1 Grayson the week prior.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Okay that’s fair but I’ll make a couple more points.

First, why do you think he scheduled BG (2014) and IMG twice when on paper, Cen10 didn’t match up?  Because you get better by playing better teams and become stronger by overcoming adversity. The OOL games mean far less in terms of wins, as compared to the inevitable playoff games against MD or SJB where there will be adversity to overcome.

Second, he regularly “goes for it” on 4th down. In the second IMG game, he did it in the first qtr of a scoreless game, 4th and 8 from their own 29. He does it so often the team expects to execute and if they fail, the defense is expected to step up and give it their best shot. If they fail, then they get right back at it on the next possession.

Third, at the start of this season Cen10 lost 5 players in a regrettable (for the receiving school and players) transfer situation. One was a receiver they could have used badly, another a linebacker they could have used badly, and a third, 6’6” backup QB with a skill set very close to Tanner.  Rather than allow for what was happening with those players to destroy the team chemistry, he let them make their own decision.  (Two were actually dismissed from the team)

In these days of win at all cost attitudes, it’s refreshing to see a coach who is guided by principle.  

This may not change your mind about what you consider a bad coaching decision, but there are a lot of Centennial supporters that think otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Okay that’s fair but I’ll make a couple more points.

First, why do you think he scheduled BG (2014) and IMG twice when on paper, Cen10 didn’t match up?  Because you get better by playing better teams and become stronger by overcoming adversity. The OOL games mean far less in terms of wins, as compared to the inevitable playoff games against MD or SJB where there will be adversity to overcome.

Second, he regularly “goes for it” on 4th down. In the second IMG game, he did it in the first qtr of a scoreless game, 4th and 8 from their own 29. He does it so often the team expects to execute and if they fail, the defense is expected to step up and give it their best shot. If they fail, then they get right back at it on the next possession.

Third, at the start of this season Cen10 lost 5 players in a regrettable (for the receiving school and players) transfer situation. One was a receiver they could have used badly, another a linebacker they could have used badly, and a third, 6’6” backup QB with a skill set very close to Tanner.  Rather than allow for what was happening with those players to destroy the team chemistry, he let them make their own decision.  (Two were actually dismissed from the team)

In these days of win at all cost attitudes, it’s refreshing to see a coach who is guided by principle.  

This may not change your mind about what you consider a bad coaching decision, but there are a lot of Centennial supporters that think otherwise.

And like this year, they lost the next game they played against a good team. Lol