In 3 or 4 years 6A Allen, TX may Top 7,000 enrollment.

TheRealCAJ

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

To put that in perspective La-Monroe has an enrollment of 9,000 and they are playing D1 College football. xD

FCS McNeese St, La has an enrollment of 7,638.

When will Texas put a cap on Allen?

Its a school district are you allowed to put a cap on it? the school district that i live in at one point had over 8000 kids

• Like 1

In Illinois the Morton district near Chicago (two high schools with a combined enrollment of over 8,000) field a single combined athletic program and they're still terrible at football.

The Joliet schools also had a combined program--now Joliet West does better than the combined program did.

47 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Most recent snapshot numbers...

Likely district for this alignment:

Allen 6664

Plano West 5654

Plano East 5342

Plano 5197

Wylie 2507

Prosper 2975

Other ISDs near geographic area:

McKinney 2969

McK. Boyd 2834

Lewisville. 4564

Flower Mound 3618

Hebron. 3584

FM Marcus 3274

Denton Guyer 2514

Dallas Jesuit 2234

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

In Illinois the Morton district near Chicago (two high schools with a combined enrollment of over 8,000) field a single combined athletic program and they're still terrible at football.

The Joliet schools also had a combined program--now Joliet West does better than the combined program did.

Numbers mean nothing without all the other pieces.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Wow. big district. We were just having this conversation about NJ. When you have multiple HS in one district you can combine them for all sports and you would see how competitive you could really get

Katy ISD has 8 high schools with a total student population of over 20,000.  There are over 70,000 students in Katy ISD.  The area that KISD serves has a population larger than that of Pittsburg, PA.

43 minutes ago, Cracker said:

Numbers mean nothing without all the other pieces.

Exactly.  Collin County is the go to area in the nation with McKinney being the 2nd fastest growing city in the Nation behind Conroe, TX.  All the schools out here have exploded hell Prosper was a 3A school about 4 years ago.  Princeton will move to 5A, Farmersville 4A won State in 2A about 6 years ago and Melissa is now 4A and Growing.   Frisco ISD has exploded.  That district w/Allen all have big numbers. Why isn't the rest dominating.   Perspective and HP always seem to skate by and avoid 6A. Wink Wink . McKinney building a super Stadium less than 8 miles from Allen. 

3. The Frisco ISD district looks to be a victim of 5A's split into divisions

It appears all Frisco ISD teams will no longer play in a district only consisting of other Frisco ISD teams. 2018 will mark the first year Class 5A will split into divisions for football.

According to the UIL's preliminary numbers, Centennial, Heritage, Independence, Liberty, Lone Star and Wakeland will be 5A Division I. 

The other four Frisco teams, Frisco High, Reedy and new schools Lebanon Trail and Memorial will be in 5A Division II with other non-Frisco schools. 

The district could still appeal to have all its schools in the same division, but it appears that Frisco ISD did not have its Division II schools opt up into Division I. 

In Division I, the six Frisco schools could join the likes of Little Elm and The Colony to form a district. In Division II it's more unclear where the four Frisco schools would go.

According to the UIL's preliminary numbers, Centennial, Heritage, Independence, Liberty, Lone Star and Wakeland will be 5A Division I. Those six teams will likely join the likes of Little Elm, The Colony, and others to form one district.

The other four Frisco teams, Frisco High, Reedy and new schools Lebanon Trail and Memorial will be in 5A Division II with other non-Frisco schools.

The Rich kids somehow seems to always just be under 6A Numbers :D

1.Highland Park stays in 5A, barely

Every year Highland Park toes the line between 6A and 5A. At the realignment before the current one we're in, it stepped over by six students and spent two years in 6A.

After dropping back down to 5A these previous two years, coming in 34 students under, it will stay in 5A for at least two more.

Highland Park's enrollment number is 2,180, ten students below the cutoff.

Here's a look at the tightrope Highland Park has walked the previous three cutoffs.

Alignment year HP enrollment Class 6A cutoff HP Class
2013 2106 2100 6A, by 6 students
2015 2116 2150 5A, by 34 students
2017 2180 2190 5A, by 10 students

4. The Dallas area appears to have two of the three opt ups to 6A

In total, 253 teams will be in 6A at the next realignment: the top 250 in terms of enrollment and three opt ups. Two of those come in Garland ISD.

Both South Garland and Garland Naaman Forest's enrollments would place them in 5A, but the schools have opted to stay in 6A and to be with their Garland ISD brethren.

South Garland's enrollment is 2,171, just 19 students under the 6A cutoffs. Garland Naaman Forest's is 2,158, which is 32 students away.

5. Other teams dropping or rising

Kaufman, Princeton, Terrell will all move from 4A Div. I up to 5A Div. II.

A couple Dallas ISD teams will drop from 5A to 4A Division I: Hillcrest and North Dallas.

Life Waxahachie (4A Div. II to 4A Div. I), Farmersville (3A Div. I to 4A Div. II) and Sunnyvale (3A Div. I to 4A Div. II) will all gain a class as well.

The conference cutoff numbers provide the range of enrollment for each of the six conferences, including divisional cutoffs for football.

Conference Cutoffs

6A 2190 and above 253 schools (Basketball); 252 schools (Football)

5A 1150 - 2189 254 schools (Basketball); 253 schools (Football)

4A 505 - 1149 191 schools (Basketball); 183 schools (Football)

3A 225 - 504 232 schools (Basketball); 211 schools (Football)

2A 105 - 224 198 schools (Basketball); 187 schools (Football)

1A 104.9 and below 211 schools (Basketball); 142 schools (Football)

1A - 5A Football Division I and Division II Numbers

5A Division I 1840 - 2189 126 schools

5A Division II 1150 - 1839 127 schools

4A Division I 790 - 1149 93 schools

4A Division II 505 - 789 90 schools

3A Division I 335 - 504 106 schools

3A Division II 225 - 334 105 schools

2A Division I 161.5 - 224 94 schools

2A Division II 105 - 161.4 93 schools

1A Division I 55.5 - 104.9 73 schools

1A Division II 55 and below 69 schools