GHSA is ran by idiots no back up plan.

HooverOutlaw

6 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

After cancelling today' s games there should have been a back up plan to play those games at the Benz at some point.

How much money did schools like Colquitt spend for nothing.

Can you believe that the fool that runs the GHSA, use to coach at COLQUITT? NOW, you see why we SUCKED EGGS prior to Rush ProPst going to Moultrie!

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I believe that. They probably have each other on speed dial. 

GHSA offical:  Hello? CIF? 

CIF official: Yes? This is the CIF. How can I assist you. 

GHSA: It's snowing in Atlanta. Whatever should we do?!

CIF: Postpone a few games and leave the rest some hope that they can play theirs. 

GHSA: YEAH! Great idea! Do you think we should hold off on postponing the last two games until nine thousand people are halfway to Atlanta first?

CIF: GREAT THINKING! We make an awesome team! 

GHSA: Thanks for your guidance CIF.

CIF: Any time! We'll call you soon for guidance on how to hose a hoops team or ten. Stay in touch! 

CLICK

Image result for guy on phone laughing gif

I wonder how many North Gwinnett people were en route to their $300.00 a night motel rooms? OH THAT'S RIGHT, they LIVE THERE, and wouldn't leave home until they REALLY found out what's what!!

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

And guess WHAT, since our championships have been pushed back! What's your bet that the GHSA won't permit us to participate in the State Championship Challenge in Arizona?

Dude

the most important thing here is finishing the season

the Geico stuff is all horse shit , bullshit and more shit!😩

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 2:05 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

The trips to FSU began at 4 pm each day, Wednesday and Thursday. One hour bus ride each way.

The team always leaves before noon the day before games so Friday at Athens didn't effect school in and of itself.

Thing is... We were prepared for the dome due to this type of practicing. Not sure if North was. 

Now it doesn't matter anymore either way. Congrats North for the GHSA inadvertantly taking the edge we worked hard to get away. 

The trips to FSU were still a choice.  Either it was a big deal to cancel them or it wasn't a big deal that you went and then had to cancel the trip to the Benz.  It doesn't work both ways.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:22 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I can't figure why Mercer couldn't be a good locale. Or Turner Field. I didn't just hate the game there for the Corky. 

$22 dollar seats at North Gwinnett. What a joke. 

Is there even real bathrooms with running water on the visitor side there? xD

Why yes, there are.  Multiple ones in fact.  Nicer than the visitors rest rooms at Mack Tharpe, and I've been in both.  I found the NG stadium to be quite nice.  The one issue is definitely parking. DO NOT PARK ON W PRICE RD in the grass or on the sidewalks!  The police (don't know the jurisdiction or I'd call them out for it) were ticketing and towing cars from there during our playoff game.  There are a couple of churches nearby that ask for a $5 donation to support their ministries. 

image.thumb.png.32967eced3d033157417629a54595085.png

On 12/9/2017 at 5:29 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Well... It goes with out saying. I'll be at the North Gwinnett stadium. Hopefully, I won't have to go out back of the bleachers to pee and if they have port-o-lets there, they will at least be in the lighted areas so you can see if you are peeing in the right spot. xD

Hawg, I know you are upset over the way things have worked out.  Trashing a school's facilities when you haven't been there is a bad look for you and not like you.  Have you been hanging with Rab too much?  :D

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Hawg, I know you are upset over the way things have worked out.  Trashing a school's facilities when you haven't been there is a bad look for you and not like you.  Have you been hanging with Rab too much?  :D

Not trashing North Gwinnett's facilities. More taking shots at Archer for having port-o-lets in the dark and Pebblebrook for having us literally in the bushes. 

I'll be glad to rave or rant over North's facilities after I've been there. The best I can tell from photos is there should be a decent amount of seating. 

22 dollars for a seat in Mack Tharpe is way too high, so why would I think it is a good price for North Gwinnett? 

On 12/9/2017 at 11:10 AM, CCBlackhatter said:

A shit ton considering we made two trips to FSU for practice on Wednesday and Thursday, a trip to Athens to practice on Friday, plus the cost for hotels Friday night.

Just a shitty situation all around.

It was just Wednesday at FSU. Thursday was in the gym at the High School

Well....I've been to North Gwinnett.  Nothing wrong except the visitor's side is about the size of South Forsyth.  That was not a compliment.

As far as the $22 goes....hey it was gonna be $20 anyway ya cut it.  I suppose the extra $2 is for GHSA Christmas bonuses.

Tis the season, fellers.  Tis The Season.

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2017 at 5:22 PM, Guccifer said:

More people care about that game than care about your silly little teams.

I doubt the attendance of this game will equal the attendance of the two biggest games combined. Then, there are 5 more.  Not really a fair comparison one way or another, but to the people of GA, the HS championships are probably bigger and more important.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I doubt the attendance of this game will equal the attendance of the two biggest games combined. Then, there are 5 more.  Not really a fair comparison one way or another, but to the people of GA, the HS championships are probably bigger and more important.

You sir....are 1000 percent correct about the State Championships being more important.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Not really a fair comparison one way or another, but to the people of GA, the HS championships are probably bigger and more important.

The Celebration Bowl is the HBCU National Championship. It will be nationally broadcast on an ESPN network and will get a 2.0 rating (or thereabout).

If the 7A title game was on an ESPN network it would be lucky to get a 0.2 rating.

What are you nincompoops smoking?

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Well....I've been to North Gwinnett.  Nothing wrong except the visitor's side is about the size of South Forsyth.  That was not a compliment.

As far as the $22 goes....hey it was gonna be $20 anyway ya cut it.  I suppose the extra $2 is for GHSA Christmas bonuses.

Tis the season, fellers.  Tis The Season.

Aw come on Rufus.  N Gwinnett is two to three times the size of S Forsyth.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not trashing North Gwinnett's facilities. More taking shots at Archer for having port-o-lets in the dark and Pebblebrook for having us literally in the bushes. 

I'll be glad to rave or rant over North's facilities after I've been there. The best I can tell from photos is there should be a decent amount of seating. 

22 dollars for a seat in Mack Tharpe is way too high, so why would I think it is a good price for North Gwinnett? 

I get the concern about the ticket cost.  That's a GHSA issue and not N Gwinnett but of course you know that.  It seems steep to me as well but it seems that the cost of getting to the game makes that a small concern.  I totally get that it is a principal thing.  I've been known to tilt at windmills myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Aw come on Rufus.  N Gwinnett is two to three times the size of S Forsyth.

No Sir.... I beg to differ.  A small venue to say the least.  North Morven says the TOTAL seating is 6,075.  Extremely limited on the visitor's side.  And Colquitt sold about 5,200 Benz tickets.  You do the math.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

No Sir.... I beg to differ.  A small venue to say the least.  North Morven says the TOTAL seating is 6,075.  Extremely limited on the visitor's side.  And Colquitt sold about 5,200 Benz tickets.  You do the math.

Rufus>>

Still way larger than S Forsyth.  And there aren't many high school stadiums in GA that could support 5,200 visitor seats.   don't think Mack Tharpe would far well under than load.

I hope your AD has been on the phone to the N Gwinnett AD about seating.