GHSA is ran by idiots no back up plan.

HooverOutlaw

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

No Sir.... I beg to differ.  A small venue to say the least.  North Morven says the TOTAL seating is 6,075.  Extremely limited on the visitor's side.  And Colquitt sold about 5,200 Benz tickets.  You do the math.

Rufus>>

So the North Stadium can barely hold the presold tickets for Colquitt. Where are their fans going to sit?

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

That's only about 11% of the population of Colquitt County.

I thought you people cared about high school football?

Pfft, what a disgrace.

That was just the presale tickets. Probably about twice that number were making the trip. A lot of less fortunate  people had to wait until payday to afford tickets for their families.

27 minutes ago, Fred said:

Still way larger than S Forsyth.  And there aren't many high school stadiums in GA that could support 5,200 visitor seats.   don't think Mack Tharpe would far well under than load.

I hope your AD has been on the phone to the N Gwinnett AD about seating.

Our AD hasn't been on the phone....he's THERE.

Rufus>>

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That was just the presale tickets. Probably about twice that number were making the trip. A lot of less fortunate  people had to wait until payday to afford tickets for their families.

Well...you know and I know...that everybody who bought a Benz ticket won't make the trip to Suwanee to sit outside in 30 degree weather.  But...we'll probably take at least 3500.  I would imagine that NG will want to bring in temp seating...a la South Forsyth.  And you remember how WONDERFUL that was.  Why can't we at least play in Cantrell ?

Rufus>>

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, ECHS05 said:

All the teams got to pick whether they wanted to play Friday or Saturday... All of them picked Friday... So all 6 games will start at the exact same time... Foolish IMO

Here is the new schedule (Confirmed with schools):

7A

Friday, Dec. 15, 7:30 p.m.

Colquitt Co @ North Gwinnett

6A

Coffee @ Lee Co.

5A

Rome @ Warner Robins

4A

Blessed Trinity @ Marist

2A

Hapeville Charter @ Rabun Co.

A-Public

Clinch Co. @ Irwin Co.

Are any of the Big time Georgia games on line or televised?

Asking for a friend

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...you know and I know...that everybody who bought a Benz ticket won't make the trip to Suwanee to sit outside in 30 degree weather.  But...we'll probably take at least 3500.  I would imagine that NG will want to bring in temp seating...a la South Forsyth.  And you remember how WONDERFUL that was.  Why can't we at least play in Cantrell ?

Rufus>>

You are correct. Tickets are flying around like gnats in Moultrie this morning. Folks giving theirs away or selling them at discount prices. Everyone walking around with their cell phones to their ear cursing out hotels as they try to get refunded after the GHSA waited last minute to make the announcement, which left people without ample time to cancel rooms. 

Bad bad bad. All bad. Steven's family flew in from Michigan... airfare and rooms. Etc. 

The GHSA presold more seats in Moultrie than the North Gwinnett stadium can hold. The AD shouldn't have to call anyone on that. The GHSA knows already the number of seats sold in Moultrie. 

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They will all be streamed via NFHS Network, and one will be the televised GPB/GPB.org game. Have yet to hear which one will be the GPB game.

Good news: GPB is gonna be televising the North Gwinnett/Colquiit game this Friday. 

I'm pretty sure we all had preconceived notions that they were gonna show this game.......due to the love affair that they have with Gwinnett County. 

@Packer71

@FootballGuy

@Rufus69

@Fred

@ECHS05

@HawgGoneIt

@CCBlackhatter

Can the teams practice this week? Does anyone have a definitive answer on that? I didn’t know the rules w/ a week postponed. Seems like an extra week for players and coaches to prepare. Is this true? Would coaches at Peach/Athens Academy bitch cuz they didn’t get an extra week? Etc. 

35 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

@Packer71

@FootballGuy

@Rufus69

@Fred

@ECHS05

@HawgGoneIt

@CCBlackhatter

Can the teams practice this week? Does anyone have a definitive answer on that? I didn’t know the rules w/ a week postponed. Seems like an extra week for players and coaches to prepare. Is this true? Would coaches at Peach/Athens Academy bitch cuz they didn’t get an extra week? Etc. 

Considering the kids are in school this week, I would assume they are allowed to practice.

57 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

@Packer71

@FootballGuy

@Rufus69

@Fred

@ECHS05

@HawgGoneIt

@CCBlackhatter

Colquitt did not practice yesterday, but they are practicing today.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

@Packer71

@FootballGuy

@Rufus69

@Fred

@ECHS05

@HawgGoneIt

@CCBlackhatter

I'm not 100% sure, but I can find out. Since the seasons for the remaining teams was extended by a week, you'd think that they'd be allowed to practice. I'm thinking that the teams are just watching film, doing walk-throughs, and practicing in "shells." 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You are correct. Tickets are flying around like gnats in Moultrie this morning. Folks giving theirs away or selling them at discount prices. Everyone walking around with their cell phones to their ear cursing out hotels as they try to get refunded after the GHSA waited last minute to make the announcement, which left people without ample time to cancel rooms. 

Bad bad bad. All bad. Steven's family flew in from Michigan... airfare and rooms. Etc. 

The GHSA presold more seats in Moultrie than the North Gwinnett stadium can hold. The AD shouldn't have to call anyone on that. The GHSA knows already the number of seats sold in Moultrie. 

That explains part of the Lawyer's involvement (Hotel issue...)

56 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

That explains part of the Lawyer's involvement (Hotel issue...)

I don't know what reasons there are lawyers involved so I can't really say. One would think that the hotels would be a little more understanding given the situation and their already inflated prices. Of course, most hotels have a 24 hour advance cancellation policy, but many will work with you if you cancel in time for them to re-rent the room. 10:30 11:00 a.m. the checkout time for the previous tenant, isn't really ample time I guess. Had the GHSA postponed all the games the day before, people could have gotten out of their hotel reservations. Not to mention other travel expenses they unnecessarily incurred by leaving to head up on Saturday. 

I figured lawsuits would come of this though. I think I posted it somewhere on Friday. The tickets don't have any contract on them about cancellation of the event or change of venue either which could be another point of contention. 

On 12/11/2017 at 3:03 PM, ATLien12x said:

@Packer71

@FootballGuy

@Rufus69

@Fred

@ECHS05

@HawgGoneIt

@CCBlackhatter

I think games outside of the "official" posted schedule have to be okayed by the Executive Director.  Since these are the playoffs and the ED is involved I would imagine the practices are also okayed.  I haven't looked and I don't remember seeing anything on a situation like this, not that I was looking.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:17 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't know what reasons there are lawyers involved so I can't really say. One would think that the hotels would be a little more understanding given the situation and their already inflated prices. Of course, most hotels have a 24 hour advance cancellation policy, but many will work with you if you cancel in time for them to re-rent the room. 10:30 11:00 a.m. the checkout time for the previous tenant, isn't really ample time I guess. Had the GHSA postponed all the games the day before, people could have gotten out of their hotel reservations. Not to mention other travel expenses they unnecessarily incurred by leaving to head up on Saturday. 

I figured lawsuits would come of this though. I think I posted it somewhere on Friday. The tickets don't have any contract on them about cancellation of the event or change of venue either which could be another point of contention. 

Lawyers?  Really?  SMH...

• Haha 2