What's going on with Katy?

TheRealCAJ

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Your QB is not consistent to get him involved routInely, it's hit and miss.

to open this game up, Allen will have to rely on turnovers and penalties.  All else being equal they will not win big vs LT. Allen is no better than westlake, katy or Judson...real talk.

If victory is dependent on LT making mistakes of that nature... well it's not a good thing. Lol

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Your QB is not consistent to get him involved routInely, it's hit and miss.

to open this game up, Allen will have to rely on turnovers and penalties.  All else being equal they will not win big vs LT. Allen is no better than westlake, katy or Judson, all of these games would have been a battle for Allen....real talk.

I doubt that. Allen should win by 2 scores if they play relatively mistake free. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cracker said:

I doubt that. Allen should win by 2 scores if they play relatively mistake free. 

Honestly, you guys simply have not played a team that can consistently capitalize on your weaknesses, ET did for a while and so did cedar ridge...none of those teams are texas elite.  Lol

good luck next week, should be fun. This talk has gotten me interested in this game.   😊

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Honestly, you guys simply have not played a team that can consistently capitalize on your weaknesses, ET did for a while and so did cedar ridge...none of those teams are texas elite.  Lol

good luck next week, should be fun. This talk has gotten me interested in this game.   😊

If I could go I would love to do a meet up for burgers. Oh well I can watch the game on tv

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I just don't don't get what you see in LT. No worries. It will all be settled on the field.  

10 minutes ago, Cracker said:

I just don't don't get what you see in LT. No worries. It will all be settled on the field.  

Coaching and level of athleticism and progression over the season.  They are much better than their game vs Judson at the beginning of the season. I'm not convinced they win, but I think it will be close

this is discussion for fun though, I have no dog in the fight, the best team will win and that's fine with me.  We'll all reassess this spring and come back and do it all over again.

some on the Texas site though take it to extremes, they act as if their team losing is a personal death sentence.  Lol

I believe Lake Travis has as good a chance to win the title as any other Texas team if its starting QB is healthy. It won't be very easy stopping that passing attack.  I am sure Allen has a good team but when Katy, Lake Travis, Longview, Lufkin, North Shore, Euless Trinity,  Westlake, SLC and other Texas powers make it to the state game, it could be anyone's title. I was not surprise to see Katy lose. Last year Katy loss its opening game at Westlake.

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I'm reading one longview poster who I think wants to physically fight a midway fan...lol

After hearing from a friend about Midway fans and listening to Longview "Fans" from the BoB days...I'm surprised they ain't squared up in Tyler somewhere lol...

Note:  Neither of these groups of fans probably rep the school...lol...but every team has those assholes...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

After hearing from a friend about Midway fans and listening to Longview "Fans" from the BoB days...I'm surprised they ain't squared up in Tyler somewhere lol...

Note:  Neither of these groups of fans probably rep the school...lol...but every team has those assholes...

Do you remember me saying something about Manvel, and you laughing at it... You still thinking its funny? With them at 14-0, playing Highland Park in a State Title...

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, Horsefly said:

Hey old friend we disagree on this one. You keep mentioning that Allen haven't played any Texas Elite so far.  They are 6 rounds deep there are no Texas Elites left but 4.  They have beaten everyone by 2 scores or more. I looked at the Teams those teams beat and onward. 

They beat  ET By 21 who beat the #8 Texas Elite team D'Ville.  Cedar Ridge beat top 25 Coppell who Allen had already beaten. #7 Sachse Lost to Hendrickson who Cedar Ridge smoked 30-2.   Allen beat Cedar Ridge by 21 pts. 

I don't see where Judson, LT,  or Katy have a better resume based off that.  LT got mudstomped by Judson and Jesuit lit em up too early in the season and Steele was not a very good team this year and they barely won that one and Westlake beat them later in the season.  They did beat Katy and Judson.  But I was never high on either and never believed This Katy could beat Allen.  Allen also beat a Very Good ECA, La team this year as well.  

Here are the final SEASON 6A rankings by Dave Campbell.  Who is elite and would have beaten them if they played?

I believe Midway would have a better argument beating them than LT.  We shall see and it shall be fun no doubt.  There is no Cy-Fair on the list. 9_9

1 Katy 8-0 Lost to LT  
2 Allen 10-0 Beat Cedar Ridge by 21  Still Rolling  
3 Austin Westlake 10-0    
4 Klein Collins 9-0    
5 Spring Westfield 9-0    
6 Converse Judson 9-1    
7 Sachse 10-0  Lost to Hendrickson 42-35    
8 Duncanville Lost to ET 28-27 2nd Round  
9 Lake Travis 8-2    
10 DeSoto 9-1    
11 The Woodlands 7-1    
12 Humble Atascocita 8-1    
13 Hewitt Midway 10-0    
14 San Angelo Central 10-0    
15 San Antonio O'Connor 10-0    
16 Houston Lamar 7-1    
17 Fort Bend Ridge Point 8-1    
18 Galena Park North Shore 6-3    
19 Mansfield 9-1    
20 San Benito 10-0    
21 Odessa Permian 8-1    
22 Coppell 9-1 Lost to Cedar Ridge (35 - 34) OT 3rd Rd
23 Lufkin 8-2    
24 Arlington Martin 9-1    
25 Smithson Valley 9-1   NR

53 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Hey old friend we disagree on this one. You keep mentioning that Allen haven't played any Texas Elite so far.  They are 6 rounds deep there are no Texas Elites left but 4.  They have beaten everyone by 2 scores or more. I looked at the Teams those teams beat and onward. 

They beat  ET By 21 who beat the #8 Texas Elite team D'Ville.  Cedar Ridge beat top 25 Coppell who Allen had already beaten. #7 Sachse Lost to Hendrickson who Cedar Ridge smoked 30-2.   Allen beat Cedar Ridge by 21 pts. 

I don't see where Judson, LT,  or Katy have a better resume based off that.  LT got mudstomped by Judson and Jesuit lit em up too early in the season and Steele was not a very good team this year and they barely won that one and Westlake beat them later in the season.  They did beat Katy and Judson.  But I was never high on either and never believed This Katy could beat Allen.  Allen also beat a Very Good ECA, La team this year as well.  

Here are the final SEASON 6A rankings by Dave Campbell.  Who is elite and would have beaten them if they played?

I believe Midway would have a better argument beating them than LT.  We shall see and it shall be fun no doubt.  There is no Cy-Fair on the list. 9_9

1 Katy 8-0 Lost to LT  
2 Allen 10-0 Beat Cedar Ridge by 21  Still Rolling  
3 Austin Westlake 10-0    
4 Klein Collins 9-0    
5 Spring Westfield 9-0    
6 Converse Judson 9-1    
7 Sachse 10-0  Lost to Hendrickson 42-35    
8 Duncanville Lost to ET 28-27 2nd Round  
9 Lake Travis 8-2    
10 DeSoto 9-1    
11 The Woodlands 7-1    
12 Humble Atascocita 8-1    
13 Hewitt Midway 10-0    
14 San Angelo Central 10-0    
15 San Antonio O'Connor 10-0    
16 Houston Lamar 7-1    
17 Fort Bend Ridge Point 8-1    
18 Galena Park North Shore 6-3    
19 Mansfield 9-1    
20 San Benito 10-0    
21 Odessa Permian 8-1    
22 Coppell 9-1 Lost to Cedar Ridge (35 - 34) OT 3rd Rd
23 Lufkin 8-2    
24 Arlington Martin 9-1    
25 Smithson Valley 9-1   NR

Yep we disagree on this game.  Here are the teams lake Travis played on this list: 1,3,6, 6 and 15.  They went 3-2, avenging 1 of those  losses.   These 5 teams, in addition to playing each other also played: 12,20 and 25 

LT body of work in retrospect is very good.  You mention Jesuit, Longview also allowed Jesuit to light rhem up too.

diff is LT losses and and D allowing big scores came early in the season, they improved quite a bit.  

They are defending state champs for a reason. Their offense is Texas tech like and not too far off the mark in executing as well either.  

LT has played 3 games ALREADY with teams that were #1 in TX at some pt..Allen has not played any

this state is not Allen, then everyone else...the LTs, westlake judsons and Katy's have been the big dogs in this state this season.  LT has already played them all 

hank carter >terry gambill 

• Like 1

Ask Allen folks about #90 for cedar ridge, he killed Allen, play after play. Midway has a stud DT like that, which is another reason why I think Allen would struggle with midway if they were in that bracket. 

This year I think they are separated.  I think this is a special team.  Not flashy.  Very sound and fundamental.  They grind till you pop then they pounce.  They had 3 ints and 2 Fumble recoveries.  That defense doesn't break.  I said Midway would be tough.  I'm glad LT gets their wish. Allen is not Katy.  Coming to DFW Allen undefeated at State.  I'm not slighting LT great program.  I don't believe the teams they beat are not better than ET, Martin and CR at this stage.  I will buy your ticket if you wanna make the trip sir.  Would be a good one to watch with you.  This Allen team is loaded. 4stars at qb, RB, and We. 

50 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This year I think they are separated.  I think this is a special team.  Not flashy.  Very sound and fundamental.  They grind till you pop then they pounce.  They had 3 ints and 2 Fumble recoveries.  That defense doesn't break.  I said Midway would be tough.  I'm glad LT gets their wish. Allen is not Katy.  Coming to DFW Allen undefeated at State.  I'm not slighting LT great program.  I don't believe the teams they beat are not better than ET, Martin and CR at this stage.  I will buy your ticket if you wanna make the trip sir.  Would be a good one to watch with you.  This Allen team is loaded. 4stars at qb, RB, and We. 

No doubt this team has talent, but their coach underutilizes his best players, Theo wease and their passing game should be much more prolific than what it is instead of jump balls.

lake Travis has a OH St commit QB, 6'3 205 and an all American WR who is a JR, about 6'1 and another P5 WR about the same size.  LT uses these kids!  They are excellent in the passing game, better than anyone Allen has seen the past two seasons. They also converted a TE to RB who is a grind it out kid, about 6'1 220.

allen may win, but a blowout is doubtful.  LT chances improve the healthier their QB comes into the game. 

this Allen team is about on the same track as last season, with a slightly better defense.

yep, I'd like to catch this one too with you.  But I may not be watching myself on tv as my wife of all the dates possible, chose next Saturday to be our gift exchange and dinner with some friends.... 😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

This is an underdog LT team, nothing like the record-setting offensive juggernaut we saw last year.

I would think Judson, Westlake, and Katy are all better than Martin, CR, and Trinity. I think Westlake alone was better than all three. And again I still think Katy has the best defense in the state. 

No doubt this team has talent, but their coach underutilizes his best players, Theo wease and their passing game should be much more prolific than what it is instead of jump balls.

lake Travis has a OH St commit QB, 6'3 205 and an all American WR who is a JR, about 6'1 and another P5 WR about the same size.  LT uses these kids!  They are excellent in the passing game, better than anyone Allen has seen the past two seasons. They also converted a TE to RB who is a grind it out kid, about 6'1 220.

allen may win, but a blowout is doubtful.  LT chances improve the healthier their QB comes into the game. 

this Allen team is about on the same track as last season, with a slightly better defense.

yep, I'd like to catch this one too with you.  But I may not be watching myself on tv as my wife of all the dates possible, chose next Saturday to be our gift exchange and dinner with some friends.... 😡

LT has a lot of guys in the receiver core stepping up. Fuentes and Cross are becoming more and more involved and they are showing off their individual stables of talents and abilities. 

LTs running game now has a pulse, and the defense has grown up quickly (they had no choice to if they wanted to beat Judson and Katy, but they rose to the challenge and conquered the obstacle).

I love this team. They have the eye of the tiger and the heart of a fighter. No matter the circumstances, they have improvised and overcome everything to come their way. They refused to let a disappointing loss to Westlake (loss #2) define them.