GEICO: Valdosta 24 vs Chandler 44; FINAL

ECHS05

Tomorrow night the 1st of 2 GEICO State Champion Bowl games kicks off at 6pm ET on ESPNU. 

5dimes has Valdosta at +11.5 ... (STA is currently -13 vs Bingham)

Im fairly excited, I will definitely be watching both games... 

But heres a little Video a found on this years Valdosta team... mainly about the State Championship game with some actual highlights thrown in about 8 mins in 

-----

For Chandler... some highlights of their 36-17 State Championship win over Mountain Pointe... 

=======

It seems strange... Valdosta Georgia and Chandler Arizona playing each other... hopefully this is just the start of something even bigger next year. Hopefully enough people go, and are watching, to make this happen for years to come.

23 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Calpreps has Valdosta ahead of Colquitt.  

Colquitt beat valdosta by 21 in Valdosta. 

That is all

Valdosta also beat Tucker... whom beat Colquitt.

There are lots of teams that lost to teams below them. It couldve just been a bad matchup for Valdosta.

Valdosta has a good many wins over GA teams in the 10-25 range. I refuse to orphan this team. 

24 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

There are lots of teams that lost to teams below them. It couldve just been a bad matchup for Valdosta.

Valdosta has a good many wins over GA teams in the 10-25 range. I refuse to orphan this team. 

They beat Coffee 15-10. 

Trailed Stephenson in the second half 

Thomas County Central put 39 on them. 

But yeah, do you 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That daisy chain doesn't work when there is decisive evidence. Colquitt beat Valdosta by three touchdowns on the road in the middle of the season. There was NO DOUBT who the better team was after that contest. 

If they played today, no one would pick Valdosta with confidence over Colquitt, McEachern, Grayson, Roswell, or Mill Creek.  

I've been on record against Valdosta all year. I didn't think they'd beat Lee County and I picked them to lose to Tucker in the state championship by five touchdowns. (win some, lose some) 

Hats off to Valdosta for winning 6A and overachieving this year but the train stops here 

”6A- Tucker is the more talented and physical football team. If needed, I can daisy chain a dandy for you. The Tigers gonna stomp them South Georgia boys something awful - 38-14, way to bring it back to Dekalb ” - ATLien12x , December 9th

It's not about orphaning them,  I've never believed in Valdosta this year. Thought they would get smacked 

https://www.prepgridiron.com/topic/320-atls-ghsa-championship-locks/

10 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They beat Coffee 15-10. 

Thomas County Central put 39 on them. 

But yeah, do you 

Remember 2 weeks ago you said Tucker was going to beat them by 3 TDs I believe it was. They then beat Tucker 17-7... and really the offense just coasted the 2nd half.

The game vs Colquitt was close  for most of the game... Valdosta was up 24-21, Colquitt scored 10 unanswered to make it 31-24... Valdosta was driving for the tie but Colquitt intercepted a pass inside their own 10 and returned it 90+ yards for a pick 6 for a huge swing... making it 38-24... Colquitt would add 1 more late. The game was closer than the score. 

Valdosta has some good wins. They probably arent going to beat Chandler... Chandler is a Top 20 National team and are playing with their hair on fire... but Valdostas defense will represent.

Nobody expects Valdosta to beat Chandler. Chandler is a Top team in the West. Theyve proved that over the year. And they are a top 20 team this year. I simply believe Valdosta will play well. 

Hell Mountain Pointe, a team that was Top 15 at the time, lost by 19 to them. If Valdosta does better than that its a Win.

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Youve been wrong about Valdosta this year. I do hope they beat Chandler, but you have to remember Chandler is a Top 20 team.... not some nubcake.

Last I looked Valdosta was +11.5 at 5dimes.

I don't have to remember much as I've seen them play this year a few times. They're much better than Valdosta offensively and that'll be the difference in the game. I self quoted the Tucker game so I'm not sure why'd you mention it a second time after it was already self acknowledged 

Valdosta has not looked superior in many games this season and damn sure won't start against Chandler. I'm glad you rep this JAWJA pride thing everywhere you go but there is a time and place to use logic. This is it.

Valdosta gets blown out tonight 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

I worry about Valdosta's secondary.  I watched some film on them vs I forget who, and they had MANY breakdowns.   I'll see if I can find it.

Yep Stephenson, Colquitt and Houston County hit some big plays on them. Thomas County Central scored 39, so I'll assume they found a way, too.  

11 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

I gave my opinions on this game in the other thread. My biggest concern for Chandler is not having played a game in 27 days. They have been on fire since losing to MP earlier in the year. But its not easy to turn it on and off with nearly a month worth of rest.

Valdosta hasn't played in 14 days. One thing Chandler had going for them is knowing there would be an extra game where as Valdosta did not. I don't think it'll cause a difference either way to be honest, though.  Not in the outcome of this game. 

It'll be like Bowl Season. You only need one week to prep and get ready for the challenge like they've done all season 

Bet we'll probably see some penalties and mistakes from being on tv But that should shorten up quickly 

35 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I don't have to remember much as I've seen them play this year a few times. They're much better than Valdosta offensively and that'll be the difference in the game. I self quoted the Tucker game so I'm not sure why'd you mention it a second time after it was already self acknowledged 

Valdosta has not looked superior in many games this season and damn sure won't start against Chandler. I'm glad you rep this JAWJA pride thing everywhere you go but there is a time and place to use logic. This is it.

Valdosta gets blown out tonight 

Lol.. I was writing my Tucker post as you posted yours. I guess you simply mentioned it so I wouldnt?

My point... youve underestimated Valdosta in the past...

They havent looked overly dominant, no. They arent that type of team. They play sound defense(against most teams) and efficient offense.

Theyve done enough to win 14 of 15 games vs some decent teams in GA. I dont abandon GA teams when they are playing superior OOS teams. Everybody already knows Chandler is SUPPOSE to be the superior team. 

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol.. I was writing my Tucker post as you posted yours. I guess you simply mentioned it so I wouldnt?

My point... youve underestimated Valdosta in the past...

They havent looked overly dominant, no. They arent that type of team. They play sound defense(against most teams) and efficient offense.

Theyve done enough to win 14 of 15 games vs some decent teams in GA. I dont abandon GA teams when they are playing superior OOS teams. Everybody already knows Chandler is SUPPOSE to be the superior team. 

You wrote it five minutes after I posted my lock prediction... You must be a slow writer? Interesting   

I posted the Tucker prediction to show that I'm not "orphaning" Valdosta as you claim so incorrectly. I've never been high on them obviously. Saw Valdosta lose by 21 to a five loss Colquitt team at home and struggle badly with an average Stephenson group. Valdosta has overachieved all year and no one outside of Hawg picked them to win state. Including YOU, who picked Tucker over them also. 

But it's all good, playa. We shall see