King Cake and 2018 State of the Union Address tonight.

RedZone

Per CNBC...

Economy to grow at 5.4% rate in first quarter, Atlanta Fed tracker shows

• The Atlanta Fed updated its rolling look at the U.S. economy, projecting that GDP would grow 5.4 percent in the first quarter.
  • If the forecast holds, it would be the strongest quarter since the economic recovery began and would more than double the typical annualized growth during the period.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But, but, but...

I thought the Democrats were weak on immigration. 

This doesn't really fit the narrative that these guys on here have been spewing for a couple of years already.

The main point is Trump calls for it and is labeled racist. Two Democratic presidents call for it, no such claims. Truth though is that both Democrats and Republicans have had their chances to do something about it and haven’t acted for almost three decades.  At least Trump is forcing their hand.

Just now, paladin4ever said:

The main point is Trump calls for it and is labeled racist. Two Democratic presidents call for it, no such claims. Truth though is that both Democrats and Republicans have had their chances to do something about it and haven’t acted for almost three decades.  At least Trump is forcing their hand.

I think the "confusion" with Trump is quite possibly coming from his rhetoric. How he's calling for it. The wording and what-not surrounding his calls for it. 

I could be wrong though. 

I don't really think I am, but I could be. It could be that Democrats are just stupid and can't understand how to ignore dog whistles and what-not the same way as Republicans. I'm trying to give Republicans a lot of benefit of a doubt. 

2 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Trump calls for it and is labeled racist.

Why is that? Possibly something he said?

We have not had a president called racist in my lifetime, until Trump. 

In fact, the last presidential candidate that was called racist was George Wallace.

He was called racist because he was a racist.

See how that works?

• 2 years later...
On 1/31/2018 at 9:23 AM, concha said:

Wow.

The lying is just getting blatant.

I didn't get any stat wrong.

• Canes claimed the LFPR declined under Obama due to Baby Boomers retiring
  • I pointed out that this is wrong as the decline was due to younger demos.
  • Canes actually posts data that confirms the younger demos did decline. CONCHA RIGHT. THANKS!
  • I post official data the demo he claimed to cause the decline was actually increasing. CANES WRONG.

All day...

Above is the actual quote of mine that Andy cherry-picked.

History is being repeated.  🤣

1) Per actual BLS data, we know that the demos occupied by Baby Boomers showed increasing labor force participation. Millions MORE people of retirement age are working now than in 2006.  That demographic is actually pushing the LFPR to go UP.

2) I am absolutely correct that YOUNGER DEMOS have declined in the labor force. The biggest decline was 25-54, followed by 16-24. Again, data prove right and Andy WRONG.

3) The aging population is actually choosing to continue in the workforce in increasing numbers. Again, look at the actual data. Total numbers and LFPR for the demo... INCREASING.

Andy tries to re-argue a debate he lost two years ago... and predictably face plants.

Concha spanks Andy.

Again.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

You've always had to tell yourself this.

Your change over the day today has been funny.

Resignation to rage.

😄

Andy,  I'm LMAO at you.  🤣

But you run with whatever makes you happy.  👍

Why aren't you visiting the other thread, Andy?

You can tell the Forbes and Pew Research people how they're wrong.

And you can keep shucking and jiving about how BLS data doesn't say what it says.

LMAO

Clown.

🤡

2 minutes ago, concha said:

And you can keep shucking and jiving about how BLS data doesn't say what it says.

From 2000 to 2015, most of the major demographic groups saw a decrease in labor force participation. Teenagers experienced the largest drop in participation, which coincided with a rise in their school enrollment rate.

Not only does the BLS data say it but the BLS itself actually put it into word form.

🤡

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And you know I'm just going to go page-by-page in this thread and fully document your lies, right?

You knock yourself out, Andy. 🤡 🤣

Your major triumphs over the past two days are:

1. Whining that a pathetic 0.2% drop in unemployment over 12-16 is NOT (Not! Says Andy!) the same as going nowhere!
  2. And a number I posted being 0.1% off (because a site had not updated their data to the latest number).  🤣

The above, in your bizarro world, amount to (and I quote) "breathtaking" lies.  🤣

Go to it, Sport. 👍

LMAO

Lie #2 (and this is a good one)

On 1/30/2018 at 10:18 PM, concha said:

Are we to believe the accelerated drop in black unemployment under Trump is in honor of Obama?

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

2020-03-25_15-27-28.png.3836954d7f1ea1f5ca6608414f5c1992.png

From January 2010 to January 2017, the black unemployment rate dropped by more than half (from 16.5 to 7.5). When concha made this post (January 2018) the black unemployment rate was 7.5% which comes out to a decrease of 0% year-over-year.

Even taking into account the rate for the next month (6.7%) it only comes out to a drop of a little more than 10% overall.

Even if you want to do today (5.8%) it only comes out to a drop of a little more than 22% total.

This is called a whopper.

Even for a known liar like concha.