King Cake and 2018 State of the Union Address tonight.

RedZone

2 hours ago, stanscript said:

Been going down for the last 7 or 8  years at least.  Same for whites.  Thanks Obama.

stanscript..  You are destroying the myth.  Black unemployment plummeted on Jan 20th 2017.   You know inauguration day and the next day Jan 21st.  You got a JOB, I got a Job, we all got Jobs.  Obama didn't lower black unemployment the last 7 years.  You must use their logic and turn the damn thing upside down and view it like they do.  Down is up and up is Down.  Why are we not celebrating white unemployment being down I am sure Appalachia is ecstatic as well.  Those poor forgotten people B|

Jan 20th 2017.  Yugest and biggest day ever.

Rudy Giuliani

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But, but, but...

Something or other and something or other, added with something or other equals something or other and it all sucked until Trump got in office. xD

just like Rudy Giuliani taking credit for the rebirth of Manhattan which Koch is responsible for and the reduction in crime  that the entire country enjoyed. 

57 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But, but, but...

Something or other and something or other, added with something or other equals something or other and it all sucked until Trump got in office. xD

I never once said it was trump’s greatness that is the reason unemployment was down, but I do think it should be applauded by everyone, not just republicans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron169 said:

I never once said it was trump’s greatness that is the reason unemployment was down, but I do think it should be applauded by everyone, not just republicans

But the problem here is that the last state of the union happened and the numbers were trending the same way as now and republicans had scowls and sat on their hands the same way. 

It's all theater in politics. 

It's our job as citizens to cut through all the theater and bullshit and figure out what is really happening. Sadly, most folks just enjoy the theater and being fed bullshit. 

It's like the global warming/climate change deniers. They think we don't really live on earth and don't realize that winter is mostly gone and that storms are much more powerful and frequent. I don't need a weather man to tell me that winter is mostly gone and that there is big changes in weather since I was a kid. However the political theater will sell it to most that it's a hoax. 

Same with good economy/bad economy. I'm ground level. You can't tell me that the economy is bad when I'm witnessing first hand a vibrant economy growing faster and faster each year. However, political theater will tell us the economy did a 180 the same day Trump took his first shit in the whitehouse toilet bowl. 

Here’s something I don’t get.

Congress (both Senate and House) had a combined vote of

517 - 5   in favor of something. 

No, it wasn’t that dogs are man’s best friend.

No, it wasn’t that Mom’s apple pie is the best in the world. 

No, it wasn’t that babies blowing bubbles when they are sound asleep are the cutest things in the world.

No, they voted for sanctions against Russian.  How bi-partisan.  Democrats, Republicans and Independents voted overwhelmingly for this by over… 100-1.…..and………..

Trump refuses to act to implement this.

Can a trumpkin please explain or I’ll assume that Putin has the goods on trump as is using our President as his useful idiot.

Conch, you want to take a stab at this?

15 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Here’s something I don’t get.

Congress (both Senate and House) had a combined vote of

517 - 5   in favor of something. 

No, it wasn’t that dogs are man’s best friend.

No, it wasn’t that Mom’s apple pie is the best in the world. 

No, it wasn’t that babies blowing bubbles when they are sound asleep are the cutest things in the world.

No, they voted for sanctions against Russian.  How bi-partisan.  Democrats, Republicans and Independents voted overwhelmingly for this by over… 100-1.…..and………..

Trump refuses to act to implement this.

Can a trumpkin please explain or I’ll assume that Putin has the goods on trump as is using our President as his useful idiot.

Conch, you want to take a stab at this?

Frankly, I don't know.

Simple as that.

15 hours ago, noonereal said:

Rudy Giuliani

just like Rudy Giuliani taking credit for the rebirth of Manhattan which Koch is responsible for and the reduction in crime  that the entire country enjoyed. 

One of the biggest myths in the history of American politics/governance is that Rudy Guiliani cleaned up New York City.

Go read Freakonomics.

It was a matter of previous policies, timing, luck, a national trend, etc.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

In true shameless liar/manipulator form, concha is more concerned with the media correctly rebutting an inaccuracy than he is with the President making the inaccurate claim. 

Still waiting for you to lie to the class again regarding the LFPR.

I posted the graph over the years.

Give the class your take, Sport. Let the lies begin...

13 hours ago, concha said:

And the reductions accelerated under Trump. 

No it hasn't. Another moment in concha dishonesty.

In Obama's last 7 years, the rate declined from 16.1% to 7.8% which was a rate of about 1.3% per year.

Since Trump's inauguration the rate has dropped from 7.8% to 6.8% which is a drop of exactly 1.0%

Another craven lie from concha.

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Still waiting for you to lie to the class again regarding the LFPR.

Still flailing away at this? No harm. I would be too if I was exposed as a liar like you have in recent days.

I posted the chart from BLS.

It refuted pretty much every word you said.

Now you've moved on to lying about black unemployment.

So you're old lies are old news.

A comprehensive listing of concha's lies (so far):

• Mueller's investigation has resulted in "bupkus"
  • Trump does not think that legal immigration is a problem
  • People started looking for work again under Trump
  • 25-54 demographic saw largest reduction in Labor Participation Rate
  • Black unemployment reductions accelerated under Trump

13 hours ago, concha said:

And the reductions accelerated under Trump. 

But no thanks for him, right?

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trump-takes-undue-credit-black-unemployment/

When Trump took office in January 2017, the black unemployment rate was 7.8 percent, the lowest it had been in nearly 10 years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Under Trump, it dropped a full percentage point to 6.8 percent in December. That’s the lowest rate since the bureau began regularly breaking out unemployment rates by race in 1972.

A similar drop of 1 percentage point was recorded during the same 11-month period in 2016. The drop was even more pronounced in each of the three years before that. It fell 1.9 percentage points in 2015, 1.5 percentage points in 2014 and 1.8 percentage points in 2013.

In other words, the downward trend has continued under Trump, albeit at a slower pace than in recent years.