Top counties and states w/ top100 players.

954gator

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not buying it. You can call your coaches lazy all day long. Idc.

Coaches are not lazy.You can do whatever you want with what ever demographic you choose but the reality of the situation is that African Americans are the overwhelmingly most sought after athlete for recruitment in football.So go ahead and fatten up those Asian kids they are not getting recruited 

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

LA county has a higher population than all but 7 states (and thats including Cali).... Of course it is #1.

LA County has 48, Gwinnett Co. has exactly half that with 24... But just to give you an idea ... According to these #s, percentage wise, IF Gwinnett Co. had the population of LA County... Gwinnett would have 273 prospects to LA Counties 48.

LA must be as dense as China... Thats an insane amount of people.

Not as dense as @ORabid0ne, but we get your point.

8 hours ago, RedZone said:

Here's another twist....

Louisiana high schools are tiny...

What amazes me is on any given year we might have a 3A or 4A public school with more talent that say a Dallas Skyline (5000 enrollment) and etc. We just ain't working with much here.

How is that possible? I'll tell you.

We are amazing. I mention that yet? xD

Indeed, Louisiana is stout... why does LSU struggle so?

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Skyline is a Magnet school with multiple campuses and it is nothing like Allen.  Diversity rules at Skyline.  Though 6A in numbers they usually only have about 45-55 players on their football team. 

3,452 students out of 4,790, or 72.1% of the student population at Skyline H. S. identify as Hispanic, making up the largest segment of the student body. A typical school in Dallas is made up of 56.7% Hispanic students, so Skyline H. S. has a very different ethnic distribution compared to other schools in the city.

The demographic breakdown of Skyline H. S. is drastically different from that of a typical school in the state of Texas, which is made up of 52% Hispanic students on average.

Was Skyline always a magnet, had a shit ton of basketball athletes in the 80s?

23 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Coaches are not lazy.You can do whatever you want with what ever demographic you choose but the reality of the situation is that African Americans are the overwhelmingly most sought after athlete for recruitment in football.So go ahead and fatten up those Asian kids they are not getting recruited 

Samoans, baby... all day long! lol.

Are Samoans Asian? Dunno, asking for a friend.

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Indeed, Louisiana is stout... why does LSU struggle so?

It's not because of lack of ATHS.

Since 2000 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2726374-ranking-the-best-college-football-programs-since-2000

By the numbers

The Tigers are one of the reasons why the SEC has been known as the nation's premier conference over the past two decades. They went 168-52 since 2000, giving them a winning percentage of 76.4, the FOURTH-BEST nationwide over that span.

Not only that, but the Tigers also have a pair of national championships during that time. Pretty stout stuff.

The fertile recruiting grounds of the bayou have been good to the Tigers, and their biggest seasons were normally sparkling. The Tigers would have another title if not for Saban's Crimson Tide, who got a rematch with the Tigers after a regular-season loss and beat them 21-0 following the 2011 season.

26 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Was Skyline always a magnet, had a shit ton of basketball athletes in the 80s?

Yes sir it was.  Very different school than most 6A schools.  Not like Allen, Desoto, Cedar Hill. Etc. Have had great athletes no doubt.  But demographics big difference.  Multi campuses

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Samoans, baby... all day long! lol.

Are Samoans Asian? Dunno, asking for a friend.

Technically no,  as most are a part of the Oceana continent and some are territories, but I've read most are of Southeast Asian descent.    It's tricky actually,  if you search south east Asia a lot of the islands show for both.    I think some may actually be transcontinental as well.    

Image result for pacific islands continent?

• Thanks 1

California has over 16 million people who are either white or black. Georgia has less than 9 million in that same demographic. Excluding all other races, you all still take a back seat per capita.

You can throw out all of the other races if you'd like, just make sure you guys do not include them in your final tally of recruits. Fair?

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's not because of lack of ATHS.

Since 2000 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2726374-ranking-the-best-college-football-programs-since-2000

By the numbers

The Tigers are one of the reasons why the SEC has been known as the nation's premier conference over the past two decades. They went 168-52 since 2000, giving them a winning percentage of 76.4, the FOURTH-BEST nationwide over that span.

Not only that, but the Tigers also have a pair of national championships during that time. Pretty stout stuff.

The fertile recruiting grounds of the bayou have been good to the Tigers, and their biggest seasons were normally sparkling. The Tigers would have another title if not for Saban's Crimson Tide, who got a rematch with the Tigers after a regular-season loss and beat them 21-0 following the 2011 season.

I just seems anything short of a National Championship, there's quite a bit of drama. I mean boosters were complaining about Les Miles and his inability to adjust playbook to personnel, bring in Coach Orgeron who's Louisiana thru and thru and I'll be damned if the playbook didn't change much. 

I'm not knocking LSU by any stretch of imagination, I want the Bayou Bengals to do well except against the Dawgs. LOL