Top counties and states w/ top100 players.

954gator

Gwinnett and Small dont go in the same sentence. 

The County population of Gwinnett is currently 917,861. 

Its currently one of the top 5 fastest growing counties in the USA... 

Another area thats going underhanded in Georgia-Paulding County. 

Theres been some quality athletes coming out of Dallas,GA.  

Paulding County is another fast growing county last I checked the population was around 500K overall.... 

They have alot of talent but its not spread evenly. North Paulding and East Paulding are best in the county. And thats where everyone goes to play.  

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22312871/college-football-recruiting-true-battlegrounds

Unfortunately it's ESPN, but it's interesting none the less.   Goes back 10 years.   They have it by County and by State.  

I sense the Cali/Ga banter will be great!

ESPN Top 100 recruits from the past 10 years are shown below.

States

1-Florida 206

2-Texas 141

3-Georgia 113

4-California 103

5-Louisiana 42

5-Alabama 42

Ohio-28

New Jersey-17

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Gwinnett and Small dont go in the same sentence. 

The County population of Gwinnett is currently 917,861. 

Its currently one of the top 5 fastest growing counties in the USA... 

Another area thats going underhanded in Georgia-Paulding County. 

Theres been some quality athletes coming out of Dallas,GA.  

Paulding County is another fast growing county last I checked the population was around 500K overall.... 

They have alot of talent but its not spread evenly. North Paulding and East Paulding are best in the county. And thats where everyone goes to play. 

Small is relative.  The top recruited county is LA county (48) with 10.17 million people.  That's almost as many as in the entire state of Georgia.  Next is Broward County (38) (Ft. Lauderdale) with 1.89million and Harris County, TX (26) (Houston) with 4.5 million then Gwinnett (24) with 860,000 according to their numbers.  By those numbers Gwinnett does pretty good for its size.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22312871/college-football-recruiting-true-battlegrounds

Unfortunately it's ESPN, but it's interesting none the less.   Goes back 10 years.   They have it by County and by State.  

Kinda an uneven playing field don'tcha think? Since a county in Cali has a larger population than ALL of GEORGIA!xD

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

It's pro GA though.  I'm setting you up with a counter punch for that last one.  

I just thought that it was mad tacky for YOU to go out of your way to start two threads (this one and a few days ago) pertaining to Georgia that's liable to start a potential argument. 

Other than that, I'm not surprised that GA produced more number 1 recruits  than cali tho. 

34 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I just thought that it was mad tacky for YOU to go out of your way to start two threads (this one and a few days ago) pertaining to Georgia that's liable to start a potential argument. 

Other than that, I'm not surprised that GA produced more number 1 recruits  than cali tho. 

All I did was post two articles with football demographic info.   The first one I made a couple comments on how I was surprised by NJ being high and Ga being low.   Did not mean for it to be a big Ga bashing thread.   If you didn't know I'm pretty partial to Ga football.   I respect the hell out of football in the Peach St.   

I basically mentioned the Cali/Ga banter because of all that shit that was said in that other thread.   If you read that other post I did say that the Ga # was ABNORMALLY low, meaning that I understand how many Ga players are in the NFL and it was weird.  That's all.      

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

I doubt anybody is shocked LA is BY FAR the top county in the nation. I am however shocked San Joaquin County is not anywhere on there. 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I doubt anybody is shocked LA is BY FAR the top county in the nation. I am however shocked San Joaquin County is not anywhere on there. 

LA County population: 10.7 Million   48 players

Broward County population:  1.89 Million   38 players

Dade County population:  2.69 Million    23 players

LA County is larger than South Fl's tri county area combined.  (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach)

How about Gwinnett County  population  895,000    24 players!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This site makes no sense what so ever.  Looks like a little kid put it together.  So in the last 10 years Cali has had 103 recruits?  HAHAHA.

ESPN top 100 recruits.   It would have been better if they did top 250 but it's still interesting info.  Yeah ESPN is the shittiest rating site IMO.  

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

LA county has a higher population than all but 7 states (and thats including Cali).... Of course it is #1.

LA County has 48, Gwinnett Co. has exactly half that with 24... But just to give you an idea ... According to these #s, percentage wise, IF Gwinnett Co. had the population of LA County... Gwinnett would have 273 prospects to LA Counties 48.

LA must be as dense as China... Thats an insane amount of people.

• Like 1