Top counties and states w/ top100 players.

954gator

3 hours ago, Fred said:

Small is relative.  The top recruited county is LA county (48) with 10.17 million people.  That's almost as many as in the entire state of Georgia.  Next is Broward County (38) (Ft. Lauderdale) with 1.89million and Harris County, TX (26) (Houston) with 4.5 million then Gwinnett (24) with 860,000 according to their numbers.  By those numbers Gwinnett does pretty good for its size.

I also think that when you have a large population of good players that some of them get rated a little lower.   There is no way Miami should have that few top 100 recruits, but these sites won't rate that many players.   They have all these random guidelines of how many should be per area etc.   It's kind of stupid, but either way that Gwinett number IS VERY impressive.   

This is why I think that the recruiting sites are Fukn up Fl ratings since IMG's arrival.  Now it seems regular FL players are never at the top because those are all IMG players.   Like ok, now all of a sudden the only good players in FL are going to IMG?  No.

41 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

LA county has a higher population than all but 7 states (and thats including Cali).... Of course it is #1.

LA County has 48, Gwinnett Co. has exactly half that with 24... But just to give you an idea ... According to these #s, percentage wise, IF Gwinnett Co. had the population of LA County... Gwinnett would have 273 prospects to LA Counties 48.

LA must be as dense as China... Thats an insane amount of people.

Thats a alternate fact

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/8/23/12607342/recruits-states-rankings

So much of this depends on what site you are looking at here

Here Texas leads Florida and California leads Georgia.  If you are just looking at # of Blue Chip recruits over the last 5 years.

Louisiana is amazing whatever you use. B|

State '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Total Total%
Texas 47 52 47 37 46 229 13.8%
Florida 42 47 50 42 46 226 13.6%
California 35 45 44 34 41 199 12.0%
Georgia 33 26 34 23 25 141 8.5%
Ohio 16 12 17 15 19 79 4.8%
Louisiana 12 21 13 16 12 74 4.5%
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana is amazing whatever you use. B|

State '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Total Total%
Texas 47 52 47 37 46 229 13.8%
Florida 42 47 50 42 46 226 13.6%
California 35 45 44 34 41 199 12.0%
Georgia 33 26 34 23 25 141 8.5%
Ohio 16 12 17 15 19 79 4.8%
Louisiana 12 21 13 16 12 74 4.5%

I agree and I believe that the Eastern side of Texas is much like Louisiana.

26 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I agree and I believe that the Eastern side of Texas is much like Louisiana.

TCU just got a commit from Evangel Christian.

3* DB Ar'Darius Washington, who was committed to LSU.......

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Season/2018-Football/Commits?RecruitState=LA

Little Brother has sent 5 to TCU this year and TCU may get 2 more tomorrow. We are helping TCU if no one else. Texas has sent 13 to TCU this year. Couple other states 1 each. 

TCU will have a Top 20 class and they are currently #3 in the  Big 12 this year in recruiting.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

IF Gwinnett Co. had the population of LA County... Gwinnett would have 273 prospects to LA Counties 48.

.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This makes no sense ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^People try to use these Per Capita arguments.  To get a true and accurate count. You would only use the amount HS Football players in each county.  You do know in LA County I will bet you there are more Koreans and Chinese than your whole County.  There are more Asians in LA County than African Americans. Ga is a Southern State with the most African Americans in the Country.  Pretty silly.   Unless you think all those Asians are playing Football in SoCal.  I lived there damn near half my life I will assure you they don't.  1.4 Million Asians and another 2.1 million of other races that are not Hispanic, Black or White.  Actually they only have 900,00 African Americans out of all those people.  It's not the South totally different demographics.  Go out there you will be shocked how many Asian Grandmothers are not playing football :D Using your argument if LA County was 24% African American like Gwinnett County they would have over 3,000 prospects.  SEE HOW THAT WORKS 

I gotcha back on this Cali

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This makes no sense ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^People try to use these Per Capita arguments.  To get a true and accurate count. You would only use the amount HS Football players in each county.  You do know in LA County I will bet you there are more Koreans and Chinese than your whole County.  There are more Asians in LA County than African Americans. Ga is a Southern State with the most African Americans in the Country.  Pretty silly.   Unless you think all those Asians are playing Football in SoCal.  I lived there damn near half my life I will assure you they don't.  1.4 Million Asians and another 2.1 million of other races that are not Hispanic, Black or White.  Actually they only have 900,00 African Americans out of all those people.  It's not the South totally different demographics.  Go out there you will be shocked how many Asian Grandmothers are not playing football :D

I gotcha back on this Cali

The reason why they are not is because the coaches are lazy. 

If the coaches were in the halls of the school recruiting the Asian kid instead of on the phone recruiting the Tongan from up the road, they'd have more Asian kids interested in playing football. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

The reason why they are not is because the coaches are lazy. 

If the coaches were in the halls of the school recruiting the Asian kid instead of on the phone recruiting the Tongan from up the road, they'd have more Asian kids interested in playing football. 

:ph34r:

Genius.  LMAO 

Demographics is the true reasoning behind this.  Texas and California have very diverse populations.  The Real South is mostly Black and White.  Mixed that with a culture for football.  Real Facts

African Americans populations.  No Shi+ Ga and Fl got some ballers.  Only Mombasa and Accra have more density :D Ga 31% total population.  Cali 6.6% and Texas less than 12% yet much bigger populations. :DThose counties in Ga would be called Shitholes by the Prez>  Couldn't resist plus it's funny as hell. :ph34r:

1 Georgia 3,150,435 31.4%
2 New York 3,073,800 15.18%
3 Florida 2,999,862 15.91%
4 Texas 2,979,598 11.91%
5 California 2,299,072 6.67%
6 North Carolina 2,048,628 21.60%
7 Illinois 1,866,414 14.88
  • Haha 1

Louisiana is still mazing. B|

Population Demographics By Race

Race Population % of Total
Total Population 4,533,372 100
White 2,836,192 62
Black or African American 1,452,396 32
Hispanic or Latino 192,560 4
Two or More Races 72,883 1
Asian 70,132 1
Some Other Race 69,227 1
American Indian 30,579 Below 1%
Three or more races 5,708 Below 1%
Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander 1,963 Below 1%
Native Hawaiian 466 Below 1%

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Demographics is the true reasoning behind this.  Texas and California have very diverse populations.  The Real South is mostly Black and White.  Facts

African Americans populations.  No Shi+ Ga and Fl got some ballers.  Only Mombasa and Accra have more density :D Ga 31% total population.  Cali 6.6% and Texas less than 12% yet much bigger populations. :DThose counties in Ga would be called Shitholes by the Prez>  Couldn't resist plus it's funny as hell. :ph34r:

4 Texas 2,979,598 11.91%

I tried to tell them this but you did a much better job

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Demographics is the true reasoning behind this.  Texas and California have very diverse populations.  The Real South is mostly Black and White.  Mixed that with a culture for football.  Real Facts

4 Texas 2,979,598 11.91%

Sometimes percentages can be skewed... 

At one point and time Louisiana had a higher African American percentage than GA but thats because LA population is less than half of GA's. 

In all actuallity Louisiana has never in its history had a higher African American population than Georgia. And it still doesnt. 

Georgia has a population of 10.3 million 

Of that 10.3 million over 3.1 are African American 

Georgia has the highest African American population in the nation... 

California has a larger population overall but Very few African Americans.

The Northwest area in general is very white... 

This was not meant to be racist this is just fact. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Sometimes percentages can be skewed... 

At one point and time Louisiana had a higher African American percentage than GA but thats because LA population is less than half of GA's. 

In all actuallity Louisiana has never in its history had a higher African American population than Georgia. And it still doesnt. 

Georgia has a population of 10.3 million 

Of that 10.3 million over 3.1 are African American 

Georgia has the highest African American population in the nation... 

California has a larger population overall but Very few African Americans.

The Northwest area in general is very white... 

This was not meant to be racist this is just fact. 

These are facts only an idiot would see it as racist. The real South in every State have very high percentages regardless how big the population. If I am not mistaken Missicreappi though a small State is like 35% Black and the largest percentage of any State.  Mix that with the culture of football where the South is mainly White and Black and not very diverse and it is perfect for football recruits. Black and White kids play football and make up the majority of the South.  Asians and Spanish kids not as much make up the majority of Texas to Cali. Just a fact.  The soccer fields here in the DFW are packed on the weekends like you are in Mexico.   That's why comparing a County in Ga. to LA County is ridiculous.  One is a Crayola box and the other have 2 crayons. xD

• Haha 1

Here's another twist....

Louisiana high schools are tiny...

What amazes me is on any given year we might have a 3A or 4A public school with more talent that say a Dallas Skyline (5000 enrollment) and etc. We just ain't working with much here.

How is that possible? I'll tell you.

We are amazing. I mention that yet? xD