Russian meddling in election

TheBlockIsHot

25 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Zero Hedge dot com. Wow. You might as well have used "The Onion."

Zero Hedge is noted for their conspiracy stories and was started by a Russian.  Go figure.

In other news, the head of cybersecurity for Homeland Security says that 21 states were targeted for intrusion in  the 2016 election.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along.

1 minute ago, stanscript said:

Zero Hedge is noted for their conspiracy stories and was started by a Russian.  Go figure.

In other news, the head of cybersecurity for Homeland Security says that 21 states were targeted for intrusion in  the 2016 election.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along.

These goons never cease to amaze me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/debunk-fake-news-election-day.html

14 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I never said it was okay. I was merely (and correctly) calling attention to the obvious selectively timed outrage. 

and which other candidate had so many Russian ties, agreed to a meeting promising "dirt" on an opponent and then, as President refused to enact the sanctions a rarely united Senate voted 98-2 to levy? 

Come on, this is very out of the ordinary and there is no way you don'y see that it is. 

41 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Yeah, 10 months ago when it came out. xD

Plenty of other takes/sources out there dude...all it takes is a dash of intellectual curiosity. 

Carry on. 👍

this Russia thing is not like today's head exploding news, Rob Porter

Now this is some really gross over reaction from the left.

Russia, we need answers as to why our President still does not care and won't even speak the truth. 

4 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Former president George W. Bush states that there is clear evidence that Russia meddled in the last election

"It’s problematic that a foreign nation is involved in our election system. Our democracy is only as good as people trust the results." - George W. Bush

To be clear- I am not accusing the Trump campaign of collusion, although I am under the belief that there is clear evidence of Russain meddling in the election. If you remember social media during the election, you will have noticed the mountains of fake news stories and Russian troll bots all over the net, mostly in favor of conservative stories. This is still true today. Go read the comments on any political article on social media or on yahoo. Conservative troll accounts everywhere.

What was the abundance of anti trump and pro Hillary bs during the process on social media. Maybe you just have more conservative friends than you thought on fb? 

Majority of my friends are minority so I’m not surprised 1 bit majority of social media I saw was anti trump. 

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

What was the abundance of anti trump and pro Hillary bs during the process on social media. Maybe you just have more conservative friends than you thought on fb? 

Majority of my friends are minority so I’m not surprised 1 bit majority of social media I saw was anti trump. 

Most of what I PERSONALLY SAW was anti-Hillary, not necessarily Pro-Trump, although on other sites, I saw many Pro-Trump.

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

That might be true to some degree but Obama won by 9.5 million in 2008 and 5.0 million in 2012.  Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million.  Perhaps there was meddling in 2008 and 2012 which should have been investigated but apparently it wasn't effective enough unless you think the Russians or someone else was in the tank for Obama. O.o

Anytime someone loses the popular vote but wins the election there is going to be extra scrutiny.  And there should be.

Remember 2000?  The U.S. government is reactive not proactive in this regard.

U.S. Intelligence agencies overwhelming state that there was Russian intervention.  This time they helped the Republicans.  Next time they might help the Democrats and you wouldn't like that, now would you?

What I find as disturbing is highlighted by the shell companies for the Russians that have been exposed as investors and buyers in Trump properties.  Who is to say that these shell companies aren't contributing money to U.S. political campaigns?  With the Citizens United ruling, they can and only an idiot would think that they aren't.  That's scary.

Just curious how you feel about US meddling in other countries elections... Something we do very often. 

3 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Had plenty of posts both for and against each candidate in my feeds. 

Pretty amazing what happens when you don’t surround yourself completely with like-minded people. 

There were plenty for both.

Did you not read the actual studies? They have factual data to support more being pro-trump, by a wide margin.

Or can you not read?

18 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Just curious how you feel about US meddling in other countries elections... Something we do very often. 

this is the rights way of excusing the Russians for what they did to us...sad...Putin loves this way of thinking...like Tillerson saying yesterday essential that they are going to interfere in our 2018 election and there is nothing we can do...

and a breaking headline yesterday?...The Russians did hack into some states voter registration rolls....

NY POST...

The Russian government successfully hacked into the voter rolls in a small number of US states during the run-up to the 2016 election, it was revealed on Wednesday.

Jeanette Manfra, the Homeland Security official tasked with securing the system from hackers, told NBC News that a total of 21 states were targeted and “an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated.”

Jeh Johnson, who headed the department in 2016, said “it’s incumbent upon states and the Feds to do something about it before our democracy is attacked again.”

NBC reported in September 2016 that more than 20 states were targeted by Russians.

Wednesday’s admission by Manfra, who is the head of cybersecurity at DHS, was the first admission that voting rolls had actually been penetrated.

US officials told NBC that there is no evidence that any of the rolls were altered.

It was not clear which state rolls had been hacked into.

6 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

There were plenty for both.

Did you not read the actual studies? They have factual data to support more being pro-trump, by a wide margin.

Or can you not read?

I already said I read your study when it came out 10 months ago...along with 3-4 others done since.

I guess you don't have any intention of taking my advice, and trying to garner some intellectual curiosity.

Obviously less than surprised.

Just now, zulu1128 said:

I already said I read your study when it came out 10 months ago...along with 3-4 others done since.

I guess you don't have any intention of taking my advice, and trying to garner some intellectual curiosity.

Obviously less than surprised.

These clowns refuse to read these studies and question anything.

They refuse to question why the lists of "junk" news sites they use happen to be almost all right-leaning sites, thus skewing the results.

They simply accept that if an organization calls itself a "fact-checker" that it really is completely non-partisan. They don't question when they are founded and run by liberal organizations like WaPo or the Tampa Bay Tribune, whose Politifact group just recently tried to hire ALAN GRAYSON... yes THAT Alan Grayson.

Sheep.