Inked!

PrepGridiron

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I'm not saying who. But you both need to go back and look at the thread. It's an interesting one.

Some people weren't very happy. 

:D

Aw, the power of social media and forums these days. It's a great day to be alive.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:47 AM, PrepGridiron said:

This is such bullshit; I'm tired of this. DLS offered Folsom multiple weeks for multiple years. Folsom said no. Folsom wanted Week 0, one year. AV was already in contract and it wouldn't work. At no point was Folsom trying to accommodate to make this game happen. 

This rumor is real

My first response in that thread. Their are levels to this shit

The best part about this is all the DLS peeps and @PrepGridiron who all HAD ZERO clue this game was happening. I hinted at it for weeks and even told you the game was happening weeks ago.

I got excuses to why they wouldn't and shouldn't play and that DLS COULD NOT GET OUT OF THEIR CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED GAME with AV.

Well, we now know that was a lie.

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

This is such bullshit; I'm tired of this. DLS offered Folsom multiple weeks for multiple years. Folsom said no. Folsom wanted Week 0, one year. AV was already in contract and it wouldn't work. At no point was Folsom trying to accommodate to make this game happen. 

This rumor is real

I think this says it all.

And in the end- Folsom accommodated and went with a 2 year contract AND agreed to go TO DLS next year.

I think the 'Ole Block deserves a little apology. :D

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You should be happy I bet.You get to kick DLS ass

I knew weeks ago like I said. I got in a bit of trouble for letting the cat out of the bag and got sworn to secrecy thereafter. 

I just had fun with all the DLS posters in the meantime who I baited into giving me all the excuses for why they couldn't play. I knew the entire time they were full of shit.

I won. 

The much-anticipated 2018 football games that Northern California fans were hoping for at the end of the season will instead start it. 

De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) athletic director Leo Lopoz and Folsom (Calif.) football coach Kris Richardson confirmed that the two national powers will open the 2018 season in a Week 0 game (Aug. 17) in Concord. 

Folsom, the defending state Division 1-AA champion, returns upwards of 17 starters from last year's team that finished No. 18 in the nation in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 rankings. The Bulldogs (16-0) high-octane offense piled up 770 points last year behind returning quarterback Kaiden Bennett, who accounted for an astounding 5,649 yards and 73 touchdowns. 

De La Salle, winners of seven state bowl games, placed second in California for the second straight year, losing to national champion Mater Dei (Santa Ana) in the Open Division title. 

The Spartans, returning almost its entire defense including All-Amercan linebacker Henry To'oto'o, finished No. 25 nationally. On paper, the defense looks like it will be one of the best they've had in years. 

Both programs worked their schedules hard to make this game happen, Lopoz said. De La Salle, in fact, had its schedule completed but with the help of Amador Valley (Pleasanton) and Del Oro, both powers came to an agreement of a two-year contract. 

Folsom will host De La Salle in 2019. 

The programs have squared off twice before, with De La Salle winning CIF Northern California Regional Open Division finals, 49-15 in 2012 and the following season 45-17. Those lopsided scores prompted the CIF scratch the Open regional final and instead handpick the top teams from the North and South. 

The following season, Folsom, behind Jake Browning, went 16-0 and won its second state crown in the Division I level, while De La Salle captured the state Open championship.

Because De La Salle owns a massive 291-game unbeaten streak against Northern California foes, many believe the CIF will always pick the Spartans to be the NorCal representative if they win their North Coast Section title, something they've done 26 straight seasons. 

Folsom could have made a good case last season, it should have been chosen as the Northern California representative in the Open Division game. 

If the two squads hadn't scheduled this 2018 game, and both went undefeated, the CIF might have been faced with a very tough choice. This opener resolves that possible conflict.