Texas OOS Games???

Texasball

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

Trying to put together list of all the OOS games involving Texas Schools --  YOUR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!   Please add dates, times, locations if you know them.

Here is what I have either read or been told.

Mansfield Legacy at Jenks

Mansfield Lake Ridge vs Tulsa Union

Mansfield vs Broken Arrow 

Mansfield Timberview vs Bixby OK

Mansfield Summit vs Sand Springs OK

Mansfield has a lot of schools.....couple of them were ok last year..

Bixby wasn't all that great last year. Bentonville, AR roughed Bixby up (47-28)  and Booker T Washington (Tulsa) beat Bixby twice last year including title game.

West Monroe beat Booker T Washington (Tulsa) 30-21.

That said. I think Mansfield goes 4-1 in those games...

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

When you get a chance check out this playoff game this past season against Gilmer.  Who beat them like a drum the past few years and Beast Texas speed killed them.  I went to this 4th round Playoff game in Mesquite.  Especially in the 2nd half the 9 minute mark forward they took over and won.  You can see the athletes they have.  #1, #22 and #5 are ballers as well as that WR.  Gilmer met a team outside Beast Texas with equal speed.  It was a great football game. Fast kids on both teams.  I'm sure they are not the Melissa you remember 

Nope, what a game. Nice speed! That bunched up onside that Melissa recovered was trippy. 😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Big-Board-Class-of-2020-in-Texas-113494095

They were Soph's this year and that 4A team has the 3rd ranked QB in 2020 and 9th best RB in the Whole State. :D

Colleges are recruiting earlier and earlier every year and there are already a lot of class of 2020 prospects that have made their names known across the state.

Big Board: Class of 2020 in Texas

QB

Hudson Card – Lake Travis (6-2/170): A standout WR this year, Card took over at QB in the state title game and showed how dangerous he can be.

Ken Seals – Weatherford (6-1/185): Seals had to play JV this after transferring from Azle but his ceiling is very high.

Brendon Lewis – Melissa (6-2/180): An all-state selection as a sophomore, Lewis is also a dangerous runner.

RB

Jase McClellan – Aledo (5-10/195, Oklahoma): In a 1A and 1B with Evans, McClellan can catch the ball out of the backfield but is also an extremely punishing runner.

Zachary Evans – North Shore (6-0/185): Evans is a between-the-tackles back that happens to have surprising breakaway speed.

EJ Smith – Dallas Jesuit (5-10/180): The son of NFL legend Emmitt, EJ is incredibly as a downhill runner but also as a receiver out of the backfield.

De'Quavion Thomas – Cibolo Steele (5-9/187): In a loaded Steele backfield, the powerful Thomas had some big games where he gained multiple yards after the first contact.

Ja'kobi Holland – Tomball (5-11/180): The Tomball schools are starting to produce prospects and Holland could be the biggest of the bunch. He ran for 1,600+ yards and averaged almost nine yards per carry.

Seth McGowan – Mesquite Poteet (5-11/195)

Jasean Barrow – Canyon Randall (6-1/200)

Willie Eldridge – Cy Ranch (5-11/170)

Ja'Bray Young – Melissa (5-10/185)

Awesome 👏🏻 I’m certainly gonna look in!

Sophomores! 😎

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

@DevilDog thanks for the video, autocorrect jacked up my earlier post. Trippy onside kick, where Melissa bunched up. Looked like Gilmer was gonna take control but Melissa started breaking off chunk plays and Big plays, only sophomores also. Cool!!!😎😎😎

It was a really good game.  I was texting Horsefly during the game and saying man Gilmer gonna kill them. They were up 14-0 at the halftime and those Kids from Melissa balled out in the 2nd half. That was a 20 min condensed version. But at the game it was on.  I sat right behind the Gilmer bench at midfield.  Those kids were flying around on both teams.  The fastest two teams overall I watched all year including Carthage, La Vega 2nd and Allen vs. Cedar Hill 3rd.  The skill kids on both sides were very fast in space.  Jabray Young #5 for Melissa was the fastest kid I saw on the field this year.  He housed Gilmer twice and is a 10.5 100m Track Kid.  5'10 180 RB & 6'2 180 QB at lil Melissa.  Both top 10 in State and are upcoming Jr's.  

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

It was a really good game.  I was texting Horsefly during the game and saying man Gilmer gonna kill them. They were up 14-0 at the halftime and those Kids from Melissa balled out in the 2nd half. That was a 20 min condensed version. But at the game it was on.  I sat right behind the Gilmer bench at midfield.  Those kids were flying around on both teams.  The fastest two teams overall I watched all year including Carthage, La Vega 2nd and Allen vs. Cedar Hill 3rd.  The skill kids on both sides were very fast in space. 

There was some hitting going on too. I’ve gotten used to Georgia teams around metro Atlanta... 85 players is small most teams dress out 100 plus around here. Is there a reason or philosophy for what I saw on video, roster size wise?

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

There was some hitting going on too. I’ve gotten used to Georgia teams around metro Atlanta... 85 players is small most teams dress out 100 plus around here. Is there a reason or philosophy for what I saw on video, roster size wise?

Those are 4A DII Schools the smaller class in 4A roughly around 500 students.  They do have Fr. JV and Varsity teams.  But they carry a roster of around 35 - 50 kids and you usually will have about 3-4 that plays both ways.  When you hit 4A DI like Carthage you have more kids and less 2 way guys.  6A teams here like Allen is where you will see 80 Players and that is rare in most places in Texas regardless of size. Unless the playoffs and they add JV Kids.  They were hitting.  Speed = Force.  They closed fast on each other. Gilmer is the king of slip screens and screens and Melissa was getting there in a hurry and vice versa.  

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Those are 4A DII Schools the smaller class in 4A roughly around 400 students.  They do have Fr. JV and Varsity teams.  But they carry a roster of around 35 - 50 kids and you usually will have about 3-4 that plays both ways.  When you hit 4A DI like Carthage you have more kids and less 2 way guys.  6A teams here like Allen is where you will see 80 Players and that is rare in most places in Texas regardless of size. Unless the playoffs and they add JV Kids.  They were hitting.  Speed = Force.  They closed fast on each other. Gilmer is the king of slip screens and screens and Melissa was getting there in a hurry and vice versa.  

Yeah, okay thanks that brings it into perspective. 😎

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, okay thanks that brings it into perspective. 😎

Stand corrected on the numbers by class.  4A DII have between 505 and 789 kids. 

Class 6A: 2,190 and above
Class 5A Division I: 1,840 to 2,189
Class 5A Division II: 1,150 to 1,839
Class 4A Division I: 790 to 1,149
Class 4A Division II: 505 to 789
Class 3A Division I: 335 to 504
Class 3A Division II: 225 to 334
Class 2A Division I: 161.5 to 224
Class 2A Division II: 105 to 161.4
Class 1A Division I: 55.5 to 104.9
Class 1A Division II: 55 and below

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Stand corrected on the numbers by class.  4A DII have between 505 and 789 kids. 

Class 6A: 2,190 and above
Class 5A Division I: 1,840 to 2,189
Class 5A Division II: 1,150 to 1,839
Class 4A Division I: 790 to 1,149
Class 4A Division II: 505 to 789
Class 3A Division I: 335 to 504
Class 3A Division II: 225 to 334
Class 2A Division I: 161.5 to 224
Class 2A Division II: 105 to 161.4
Class 1A Division I: 55.5 to 104.9
Class 1A Division II: 55 and below

Schools are still small but bigger than in past, nice collection of athletes for that size. 

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I don’t get Allen HS with 6k students, how many students per class/teacher?

I think Allen is afraid of becoming Round Rock Stony Point. They better start building a 9th grade center, a 10th grade center, etc until all 4 schools have 3,000 plus kids. They still have half way to go before they get worried about watering down the talent to another separate HS. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Allen is afraid of becoming Round Rock Stony Point. They better start building a 9th grade center, a 10th grade center, etc until all 4 schools have 3,000 plus kids. They still have half way to go before they get worried about watering down the talent to another separate HS. Lol. 

No way would my kids go to a school like that unless the ratio is 23/1 students to teacher, I don’t give a rats butt how big and nice of stadium it is. I saw it from 75 en route to McKinney... thought it a University until I saw the inscription on the stadium. 

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No way would my kids go to a school like that unless the ratio is 23/1 students to teacher, I don’t give a rats butt how big and nice of stadium it is. I saw it from 75 en route to McKinney... thought it a University until I saw the inscription on the stadium. 

From what I've read the ratio is 20:.  They also have house principals for each grade, so admin and oversight is not watered down.  9th grade has their own separate school.

21 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Damn you're my Homie.  Yeah that little town along with Prosper has exploded. Prosper is now a 6A and Princeton is moving to 5A this year. I wonder how Celina with 75 kids on their roster stay 4A wink wink.  Sorta like Highland Park always being about 10 short of 6A. :D Ride my Motorcycle up the 5 on the back roads quite a bit on the weekends up to Anna and Melissa: Gilmer used to kill them in the Playoffs and in District hanging 50 on them.  Speed killed them. Not this year I went to that game and it was like a Mouse race with speed and they dominated the 2nd half.  That QB  #1 and Young #5 RB are elite in State players.  

Speaking of Highland Park, helluva of show in the finals by HP. never liked HP though, never. The HP coach looks like a Tom Landry cheap knock off, that’s a insult on so many levels. 

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Speaking of Highland Park, helluva of show in the finals by HP. never liked HP though, never. The HP coach looks like a Tom Landry cheap knock off, that’s a insult on so many levels. 

Me either but they do seem to win quite a bit.  When you drive thru HP they all got those HP Scots signs in their yards right behind all the Benz's and Merk's LOL