De La Salle False Starts (Cheating)

TheBlockIsHot

54 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Let's all have a conversation in regards to the white elephant in the room. This crap is called as a false start a few times a game, if that. Then it is never called again and just "accepted" as "the way they run their offense."

The bottom line is is- It is a false start on nearly every play. The refs cannot call a penalty on EVERY play and the DLS staff knows this and exploits it. This is how they can get away with 180 pound lineman on the O Line. It is like having a boxing fight but one guy gets to slug you first in the face before you even get in the fight.

I already know what the troll DLS fans will say, but I am curious what the neutral fans think of this.

Serious question.

I agreed for a while...it is pretty close every play...

BUT...

Common sense tells you DLS always does the same thing... When their OL goes to bend over to get set, you know they are coming within the next second... So theres no reason you shouldnt be ready for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I agreed for a while...it is pretty close every play...

BUT...

Common sense tells you DLS always does the same thing... When their OL goes to bend over to get set, you know they are coming within the next second... So theres no reason you shouldnt be ready for it.

Finally an honest assessment.

I agree to an extent. It's not a false start on EVERY snap, but it is about 50-75 percent of the time, depending on the game. And there is no way the refs can call it this often.

You can't be "ready" for it when if you move, you get called for the penalty. You have to absorb the hit first, which is what makes it not fair.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Not his point.

Not talking about being ready.

Talking about it being a penalty.

Talking about them having an advantage because they are allowed to do it without consequence.

Clear violation of the rule.

Which rule would that be, and why are they allowed to violate it so flagrantly?

Asking for a friend.

9 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Not his point.

Not talking about being ready.

Talking about it being a penalty.

Talking about them having an advantage because they are allowed to do it without consequence.

Clear violation of the rule.

The advantage is somewhat negated by the fact you always know when they are going to jump. I use to have issue with it also, but the only real advantage is the momentum they gain from not truly being set... They use the movement as momentum. They coil and strike, instead of striking from a stillness like most teams. The advantage of WHEN is erased.

So if you essentially know when the OL is coming, why does it matter if its that close every time?