De La Salle False Starts (Cheating)

TheBlockIsHot

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

The rule that states that once the linemen are down in their stance, they are not allowed to move until the ball Is napped. Not just the linemen have to abide by this rule but the entire team except the men in motion and then in certain situations, they must get set and be set for 1 second before the ball is snapped.

Why are you here?

The possibility that it is accepted because it is considered "exceptional timing" is there. If this has become a norm it could explain their long winning streak. The officials are human and are subject to fallacy just as those like you, who may see it as just that, "exceptional timing".

Pretty sure there's not a time limit on how long they need to be set.

They just need to come set.

That sticky issue is why some folks share your mindset.  

As an aside...

It is exceptional timing.

xD

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

The advantage is somewhat negated by the fact you always know when they are going to jump. I use to have issue with it also, but the only real advantage is the momentum they gain from not truly being set... They use the movement as momentum. They coil and strike, instead of striking from a stillness like most teams. The advantage of WHEN is erased.

So if you essentially know when the OL is coming, why does it matter if its that close every time?

You may know its coming, but you may not move or lunge forward like they are, to match the contact.

Why do you think they are scoring on 80 yard dive plays with 180 pound lineman that wouldn't make our JV team?

10 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

Pretty sure there's not a time limit on how long they need to be set.

They just need to come set.

That sticky issue is why some folks share your mindset.  

As an aside...

It is exceptional timing.

xD

LOL exceptional timing is the excuse.

You must come set before snapping the ball. You can't start lunging forward first, and then snap the ball.

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Shit like this is why DLS gonna drag Folsom out in to deep water and drown that ass. Mindset is weak AF. 

That shit will be called at least 5 times in the game against Folsom. Maybe more.

And Folsom will still win. DLS will not be able to hang with Folsom's athletes. Game may be high scoring with Folsom prevailing.

Folsom's lines have almost 7 months to prepare for this. They are all returning from last year and will be bigger, stronger, and faster. Count on it.

This has been addressed a billion times over the years.  I think the book even talks about how it is legal.

And if it was as blatantly illegal as it is being made out to be here, don't you think it would have been called over and over again in places like Los Angeles, Washington, Hawaii, Florida, Texas, Nevada, Ohio and New Jersey?

You know, all those scary places that Folsom has only heard of?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Rippers said:

This has been addressed a billion times over the years.  I think the book even talks about how it is legal.

And if it was as blatantly illegal as it is being made out to be here, don't you think it would have been called over and over again in places like Los Angeles, Washington, Hawaii, Florida, Texas, Nevada, Ohio and New Jersey?

It is called over and over again. Multiple times a game. Show me ANY rule where it says offensive lineman DO NOT HAVE TO COME SET before the snap of the ball. Clown.

But what is a ref crew going to do? Call it EVERY time? No way.

The ass whippin awaits in August.

Just now, Rippers said:

Watch, it gets called even once and Block will take credit for making it happen.....

I got the two sides to the table.....a second time. That's what I did.

Everything else was on them.

But I'd say the THOUSANDS of views that my threads produced, lead to some re-thinking. On both sides. This I know for fact.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rippers said:

I don't know the stats on the @ STA game, but for sure they moved back 5 yards multiple times.   Some have stated Lakeland could have been called for holding every play... refs are going to call it and keep it in check but not call it every play.   DLS no doubt pushes the envelope, but it's pretty cool to watch in sequence and let's be honest, Greg Maddux got the corners too lol.   DLS earned the right to push the envelope with the kids being in sync and when it's not in sync like any other O, 5 yards.  It's not like refs don't know about it or are made aware of it by opposing HC's prior.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

I don't know the stats on the @ STA game, but for sure they moved back 5 yards multiple times.   Some have stated Lakeland could have been called for holding every play... refs are going to call it and keep it in check but not call it every play.   DLS no doubt pushes the envelope, but it's pretty cool to watch in sequence and let's be honest, Greg Maddux got the corners too lol.   DLS earned the right to push the envelope with the kids being in sync and when it's not in sync like any other O, 5 yards.  It's not like refs don't know about it or are made aware of it by opposing HC's prior.   

Image result for slow clap gif

11 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

So there we go. Different rules for different teams?

Let me clarify by stating talented enough to be able to push the envelope.  It's not an easy task to have kids firing off in sync like that.   Let's not make this a CFL/Arena football with receivers running unlimited motions and at full speed.  If a ref sees it, call it.   Otherwise it's on the refs not DLS.   

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Let me clarify by stating talented enough to be able to push the envelope.  It's not an easy task to have kids firing of like that.   Let's not make this a CFL/Arena football with receivers running unlimited motions and at full speed.  If a ref sees it, call it.   Otherwise it's on the refs not DLS.   

The lineman must come "set" before the ball is snapped. If they do not and it is not called, that is wrong.

That is my point.

20 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Everyone gets that DLS has been running the same 6 play the same way for 30+ years, right? If CIF had a huge issue with the way DLS’ OL lines up, maybe they would have said something in 1988...

if CIF and Refs don’t care, it’s not cheating.

MD, SJB, BG have all figured it out so.....

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

The lineman must come "set" before the ball is snapped. If they do not and it is not called, that is wrong.

That is my point.

I guess like a HC in basketball observing his opponents tend to palm the ball or travel consistently by moving a pivot foot... so you tell the refs and they observe it.   If it's a violation call it.  If not, let them play.     I don't think DLS games handled by refs are not aware of the rules.  

I think there are pick plays that are pushing the envelope in many cases and that's often not called.    If known, best scenario is to inform the refs ahead of time and that way there's possibly some additional scrutiny taking place by the zebras (no guarantees of course).   

40 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Another fun point to make.

Imagine if FOLSOM ran the SAME OFFENSE with the ROLLING START..................... they would get slaughtered by every form of media and never be considered legitimate.

Different rules for different teams?

I'd like to introduce you to my friend...

Non Sequitur Penguin-

humor-penguins.jpg

• Haha 5