There seems to be a constant narrative that college football players should be paid to play!

ORabidOne

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Doesn't title ix when they stated all sports have to be equal in terms of the number of men and women sports have to be equal....Well wouldn't pay come under that

Ok basketball but there is no girls football and the girls bring in money in basketball as well

Just now, Ararar said:

Ok basketball but there is no girls football and the girls bring in money in basketball as well

No there is no girls football but I'm sure they added a girls sport to make sure there is parity. But it's whatever. I disagree with you guys. So I'm gonna bow out of the convo

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Doesn't title ix when they stated all sports have to be equal in terms of the number of men and women sports have to be equal....Well wouldn't pay come under that

Pay shouldn't come under it, because the original intent dealt with access to the sports.

Not saying a court case wouldn't go the way you're describing, but it doesn't read that way.

Just now, GloryDays said:

Pay shouldn't come under it, because the original intent dealt with access to the sports.

Not saying a court case wouldn't go the way you're describing, but it doesn't read that way.

Read prior post. I'm out of this convo. You guys have fun beating up the ncaa. I don't agree with your guys sentiments. So no reason to fight the whole board 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Title 9 is funding for sports to be equal, pay is a separate and new topic/issue. Pay is not part of it, yet. 

Piwer 5 gives out gap money to athletes that live prescribed distances from home. 

The best way to handle this cash for athletes problem is to not give out athletic scholarships anymore and give them the amount it costs for tuition and books every year. And make them come out of pocket for their schooling 

And I'm sure there are plenty of other people more than willing to play for a free education than the people crying about $50-$100K worth of schooling they get for free. 

No one forces these kids to play high school ball, and no one forces them to agree to a scholarship. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The best way to handle this cash for athletes problem is to not give out athletic scholarships anymore and give them the amount it costs for tuition and books every year. And make them come out of pocket for their schooling 

And I'm sure there are plenty of other people more than willing to play for a free education than the people crying about $50-$100K worth of schooling they get for free. 

No one forces these kids to play high school ball, and no one forces them to agree to a scholarship. 

Would never work because the best kids would hold out for better deals and they would get it from someone 

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

No you don’t those sports make zero 💴 for the school in fact if it wasn’t for football and basketball those sports wouldn’t exist 

Not true.  Division III schools offer no scholarships but many have outstanding sports programs.

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

No.  Title IX covers way more than just sports.  Equal opportunities for a sport.  There can be differences between sports.  That also doesn't necessarily mean that if a sport is offered for one sex that it has to be offered for the other sex.  Football is an example.  It gets complicated.

17 minutes ago, Ararar said:
24 minutes ago, Fred said:

Not true.  Division III schools offer no scholarships but many have outstanding sports programs.

😂 did you just try to compare Dlll to Dl? Like they both make the same amount of money 😂

You said the other sports wouldn't exist without football paying the way.  I showed you the error of your thinking as there are plenty of schools with sports offering no scholarships with relatively small athletic budgets even at schools that don't have football programs.  It doesn't matter what division they are.  There also are larger schools where the football program is not a huge money maker.  So your postulate does not hold up in the face of real facts.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

You said the other sports wouldn't exist without football paying the way.  I showed you the error of your thinking as there are plenty of schools with sports offering no scholarships with relatively small athletic budgets even at schools that don't have football programs.  It doesn't matter what division they are.  There also are larger schools where the football program is not a huge money maker.  So your postulate does not hold up in the face of real facts.

Here’s some real facts for you.postulate on it

17DCFAB7-4657-47D1-947F-217333FDC522.png

7 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

THAT was my goal!:)

You know, sadly I was outta gas and was crashing last night but an aside....

Just when I was ready to stomp a mudhole in your ass, you pull out a brilliant topic. Well done.

There's a lot of issues with the NCAA and this is one is, the other is sexual abuse by plyers and the coverups going back as far as I know 30-40 years. Abuse by medical stall and coaches... Nasser and Sandusky.

Death penalty to SMU, nothing to Perv State and Michigan State (as of yet), Adidas sandal in basketball, Sandusky, Nasser et al

Meaty topic indeed.

Head of NCAA paid 2 million a year and knew about NASSER...37 allegations two months into the job etc

Aned we think GHSA is bad. Bahahaha 

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That's because you're stuck in your Grandpa's ideology!

Wake up.

The NCAA did absolutely right for me and my brother. So again have fun beating up the NCAA. I have absolutely no problem with them or the way they operate. I cant be anymore clear than that. I also like the product that they put out esp in college football. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

The NCAA did absolutely right for me and my brother. So again have fun beating up the NCAA. I have absolutely no problem with them or the way they operate. I cant be anymore clear than that. I also like the product that they put out esp in college football. 

Nobody's beating the NCAA up, these are documented, litigated, real fucking issues.

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Again for the 3rd time in this thread. I said i would bow out of this conversation. I 100% support the NCAA. So for the 4th time im moving on

Please fucking do! Nobody said come over to our side, or any side for that matter. You projected yourself into it and just gotta have the last word.

Definition of bigot is one that doesn't consider the opposing side.

Thankfully your ilk is breeding out.

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Please fucking do! Nobody said come over to our side, or any side for that matter. You projected yourself into it and just gotta have the last word.

Definition of bigot is one that doesn't consider the opposing side.

Thankfully your ilk is breeding out.

I gave an opinion. And stated that I disagree. i dont have to have the last word. But its an argument that is not going to go anywhere. You think the NCAA needs to change. I dont think so. So why should I argue the entire board??

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Just guessing, but I doubt stadiums would hit capacity attendance if Nolebull is carrying the ball 20 times/game rather than Dalvin Cook.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Esp in basketball. They dont have to go to college. There are professional leagues around the world. Go get paid.