Israel-USA relations?

HSFBfan

37 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Thing is those bases aren’t there really to protect Germany as an example or anywhere else, at least not since the USSR fell.  We have those bases to protect American interests and project American power.

Bases in Germany or the Middle East allow us to get forces there quickly in case we need to instead of flying from Andrews Air Force Base in the US.  Also if troops are injured it’s easier to get them to Germany than the US from the Middle East.

we are the worlds largest economy so allowing us to have naval bases in the pacific for example let us protect the sea lanes for shipping and American business in the face of Chinese aggression (like when they want to build and claim those fake islands in the South China Sea and potentially disrupt commerce).  Or when the Iranians try and shut down oil from the gulf that we and the world need (remember how integrated the economy is).  An oil crisis for example may harm Europe worse than us, but that also harms American business and affects real peoples jobs).

what did Jack Nicholson’s character say in “The Departed?”  “Heavy lies the crown?”  You’re damn right, and we’re the king.  Be proud!

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you are jewish?  Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

They honestly didn’t care.  Neither did her folks.  We had a judge (who is a family friend) do it at the wedding venue to make it simple.  It was a great ceremony.

Wow ok. not that im interested in jewish women or anything but there is no way my parents would be cool with it

There are some fairly good positives to being involved with Israel, but, a big part of our Muslim/Arab problem stems directly from our involvement with them. Especially when we voice our support for them as they continue to push the Palestinians in various ways. 

I've never thought that we get enough from them considering the risk to our own personal livelihood from terrorists due to dabbling in the sand over there with Israel. 

It's just one of those things where I shake my head and move along, because it's been since I was born and will be after I'm long gone probably. We stay stirring shit up over there though, like announcing moving the embassy to Jerusalem, etc. etc. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Yeah neither one of us is super religious but I always thought a priest and a rabbi doing it together makes it a competition and kind of a joke.  If you’re gonna do a religious ceremony you should do it the right way and that wasn’t in the cards for us.  So we had a judge do it.

yea no it makes sense. Im just surprised your catholic parents were chill with it thats all  Like I said im not interested in jewish women at all so its not like my parents have to worry about me bringing one of them home anyway lol. 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I have asked this to people several times but I cant seem to get an answer......Why do we care about Israel so much? Do we get anything from Israel in terms of trade? 

This might be something you and I can agree on.

Israel only cares about ONE thing.......and that's Israel.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

This might be something you and I can agree on.

Israel only cares about ONE thing.......and that's Israel.

Rufus>>

Very possible. Im not that studious about the history of Israel. Like i said i just wanted to present certain questions and see what other people were thinking

• Like 1

Israel - US relations are mutually beneficial. They get the much needed back up protection they need from the many neighbors who would love to destroy them.

We get a friend and ally in the middle east. This is crucial, considering the current landscape there. If we had to, we could use Israeli bases and other defenses that they have. 

Fair trade. 

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Israel - US relations are mutually beneficial. They get the much needed back up protection they need from the many neighbors who would love to destroy them.

We get a friend and ally in the middle east. This is crucial, considering the current landscape there. If we had to, we could use Israeli bases and other defenses that they have. 

Fair trade. 

No we couldn't use Israel bases.  If we could we wouldn't need to kiss Saudi Arabia's ass.  Far to many complications and would insure that we have no seat at the table as it concerns any peace process with Palestine in the future.  Trump may have already made that a reality with the embassy move.

While I support Israel right to exist and have a home, I am totally supportive of Palestines right to exist as well and be free (which as of now they are not).

Both sides have been guilty of doing things that push peace farther away.  Maybe if that bitch Netanyahoo goes to prison like he should they will get a more reasonable PM and not a hard/extreme right PM.  

Imho

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

hsfb is the same little kid that said there are too many spanish families living on his street.

This thread doesn't surprise me....

He is really upset about immigrants.  Maybe he should change the way he looks at things and maybe those things would change.

Idk just a thought.