The 75 Best Fried Chicken Places in America

RedZone

https://www.thedailymeal.com/travel/america-s-75-best-fried-chicken-spots/slide-75

#1 Willie Mae's Scotch House, New Orleans

Willie Mae Seaton began serving mind-blowing fried chicken from a shack attached to her Tremé home more than 30 years ago. The low-key operation remained a local treasure until 2005, when the James Beard Foundation honored it with its "American Classic" award and let the rest of the nation in on the secret. A few weeks after winning the award, Willie Mae’s Scotch House was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, but members of the Southern Foodways Alliance pulled together to rebuild the cherished chicken establishment. We — and many other diners the world over — are so happy and grateful that they did. Mae’s great-granddaughter runs the Scotch House now, and a few Seaton family members populate the small staff, upholding the same dedication to unadulterated Southern cuisine that the restaurant is so well known for.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RedZone said:

https://www.thedailymeal.com/travel/america-s-75-best-fried-chicken-spots/slide-75

#1 Willie Mae's Scotch House, New Orleans

Willie Mae Seaton began serving mind-blowing fried chicken from a shack attached to her Tremé home more than 30 years ago. The low-key operation remained a local treasure until 2005, when the James Beard Foundation honored it with its "American Classic" award and let the rest of the nation in on the secret. A few weeks after winning the award, Willie Mae’s Scotch House was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, but members of the Southern Foodways Alliance pulled together to rebuild the cherished chicken establishment. We — and many other diners the world over — are so happy and grateful that they did. Mae’s great-granddaughter runs the Scotch House now, and a few Seaton family members populate the small staff, upholding the same dedication to unadulterated Southern cuisine that the restaurant is so well known for.

Thanks for sharing we will have to add the NYC places to our list of restaurants to try.

Wife was just in New Orleans and ate at coops - said it was awesome.

pies n thighs in Brooklyn is phenomenal.   Best in the 5 boroughs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Palms Steakhouse on 2nd Ave....If it's still there....I saw a guy get a lobster there once that was big enough to put a saddle on it....,..then ride it out the door...

Hahaha love it.  Will have to check out Palms.  Not sure if it’s related to The Palm (which is overrated).  

Keens best steak in the city.  Del Friscos second.  Lugers super overrated.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Thanks for sharing we will have to add the NYC places to our list of restaurants to try.

Wife was just in New Orleans and ate at coops - said it was awesome.

pies n thighs in Brooklyn is phenomenal.   Best in the 5 boroughs.

I can't speak for every one of those chicken joints on that list (which is purely subjective), but I imagine a lot of them are made-to-order.

I know Willie Mae's (NOLA) is so you gotta wait on that chicken. So much better than chicken under a lightbulb all day though.

I've gotta say that the plate in this pic makes me wanna throw the t-bone I have on the grill right straight into the trash. xD

Coop's Place, New Orleans

Rabbit and sausage jambalaya looks to be the player on this plate to me. 

I've never been to Coop's Place or any other of the joints shown on this list, but I will say, that some of the best fried chicken that I've had comes from little "hole in the wall" type places that the average person would just pass right by. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

no joke, I may be the top consumer of garlic in the country. Onions too. 

BTW, eat onions, push up the price. ;)

The best onion on the planet is grown in VIDALIA, GEORGIA, and surrounding areas! There is a law stating that these onions can only be grown in the twelve surrounding counties around Vidalia, due to the type of soil that produces that certain quality! Severe sanctions if caught trying to imitate the product elsewhere!

10 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

The best onion on the planet is grown in VIDALIA, GEORGIA, and surrounding areas! There is a law stating that these onions can only be grown in the twelve surrounding counties around Vidalia, due to the type of soil that produces that certain quality! Severe sanctions if caught trying to imitate the product elsewhere!

They are girl onions.

This is what I raise. 

http://ediblehudsonvalley.ediblecommunities.com/food-thought/black-magic-hudson-valleys-special-soil

real onions

• Like 1