STA-DeMatha

golfaddict1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@NicholasMalibu where you at? We know you know! 

I’ve heard the same thing, but can’t confirm officially until the schedule comes out. It’s getting pretty wacky in MD/DC this spring, so I’m not touching anything until it’s official. Just last week, DeMatha’s DC left for SFA,  but is now at SJC. How does that happen in a week? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With SJCs schedule, every baller should want to be on that team next season. There is no better IMO. 

Understandable, but DeMatha’s DC was there for decades then announces he’s moving to SFA in Baltimore. By the end of the week he was at SJC’s spring workouts. This coming season will be intense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Understandable, but DeMatha’s DC was there for decades then announces he’s moving to SFA in Baltimore. By the end of the week he was at SJC’s spring workouts. This coming season will be intense. 

Do you know what Dematha has at this point in the year? In terms of players. 

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Do you know what Dematha has at this point in the year? In terms of players. 

I’ll do a full list in a month because I’m not sure what is official with transfers, but a few of the big recruits to look out for are...

DB Nick Cross 4 star(32 offers)’19

ATH DeMarcco Hellams 4 star(24 offers)’19

RB Marshawn Lloyd 4 star(11 offers)’20

There are also some young players who are just starting to blow up on the recruiting scene like LB Greg Penn(Florida offer) and OL Golden Achumba(Michigan offer). 

I’ll get back to you when everything is official. 

20 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I’ll do a full list in a month because I’m not sure what is official with transfers, but a few of the big recruits to look out for are...

There are also some young players who are just starting to blow up on the recruiting scene like LB Greg Penn(Florida offer) and OL Golden Achumba(Michigan offer). 

Any thoughts on rising soph Ryan Cammas who was starting qb of the u 15 US national team?

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Any thoughts on rising soph Ryan Cammas who was starting qb of the u 15 US national team?

I like his game for sure. If he keeps growing, watch out. He was originally set to attend DeMatha last year as a freshman, but waited a year. QB is going to be the most interesting position for DM in 2018. Last year it crippled them against top teams. The OC was running an offense  where the QB needed to pose a running threat. Neither QB was a run threat against athletes on teams like SJC or Gorman. Word spread quick and we couldn’t score. I’m very interested to see what the new OC does. I think that has a lot to do with who will get the starting nod. 

DM has another QB in the ‘21 class named Campbell that’s very good. Right now, there will be a competition for the starting spot between those two and the back up from last season. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I can understand why. 

IMG_0818.PNG

Ha. I’m starting to get the feeling that your business bias may be getting in the way of your posting ability.

You couldn’t get a picture of SJC’s field? Next time ask me to snap one for you. It’s not too far from me. I’ll dust off my old Nikon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Thanks bro.

@GardenStateBaller

0-3 vs. MD in Lax this year  :(.    They might make a run, but it doesn't look like they will repeat as state champs this year.  How's DBP Lax doing?  Weather has been shitty for the most part in NJ (including today).  Hopefully they ran some track meets as well as scheduling other sports events on Saturday (hit 80 or close I heard).  

image.png.286d22489162b05b09946bb29e6d5e77.png

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As a thanks, I was offered an ad in their annual football program. Tough to turn down free advertising! 

Oh, I get it. It’s a smart move knowing how many local coaches go to those games and want to mimic SJC’s exposure. They may not have the bankroll that SJC has, but it’s good publicity. I was just giving you a tough time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I like his game for sure. If he keeps growing, watch out. He was originally set to attend DeMatha last year as a freshman, but waited a year. QB is going to be the most interesting position for DM in 2018. Last year it crippled them against top teams. The OC was running an offense  where the QB needed to pose a running threat. Neither QB was a run threat against athletes on teams like SJC or Gorman. Word spread quick and we couldn’t score. I’m very interested to see what the new OC does. I think that has a lot to do with who will get the starting nod. 

DM has another QB in the ‘21 class named Campbell that’s very good. Right now, there will be a competition for the starting spot between those two and the back up from last season. 

DeMatha played Gorman very well in 2017. As I understand it the Stags had an injury plagued roster which was decimated weekly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

DeMatha played Gorman very well in 2017. As I understand it the Stags had an injury plagued roster which was decimated weekly. 

Yea, DM lost their starting RB Marshawn Lloyd in the Gorman game for the season with a broken arm. He’s been hyped since his 8th grade season, so that one stung for sure after his TD run early in the game. They also lost a few lineman in very critical games against SJC, Good Counsel and Gonzaga while starting a freshman RB. No excuses at the end of the day, as I know the team owned up to a very disappointing year overall. I do know that the entire staff and team were very gracious for the opportunity to head out to LV to play Gorman. Tough outcome, but unbelievable experience. Top notch program you guys have out there. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

All I know is that SFA was speaking with STA and IMG. I'll have to check as they were scheduling those games on their own. Stay tuned. 

I'm hoping the reason STA's schedule isn't listed yet is due to a road OOS game being worked out and/or a good local OOD matchup.  Supposedly Cardinal Gibbons has an open week (no clue which) left.   Are they are on your PGL Xmas Cards list?   If so, maybe you can find out which week and see what's out there for them (preferably a quality local team and STA would be nice).  

• Thanks 2