Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

there is no excuse for talk like that.

Obviously he brings a ton a bias to the table with that. 

As I replied to him. 

It's just hate speech. 

Yes, because thug is strictly a term designated to describe black men but not white 🙄

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Yea but if you call them thugs you’re a racist. 

Does it really matter what they call you? The more we give attention to the BS the more these things are going to happen and the more bowing down you will see as starbucks has apologized is closing 8000 stores for racial bias training run by Eric Holder which will make you shake your head. 

You have a police commissioner apologizing for 200 years of law enforcement in Baltimore

Enough is enough.

Just now, Mjd33 said:

So “thug” is a term that can describe only a black man? 

Hmmm I guess you learn something new everyday. 

The real victim is the store manager .... not the two wiseguys  in the sweatpants. Telling the cops they won’t leave.... that’s not acting like tough guys? 

You're smart enough to know that "thug" is linked to black people. The word "thug" is rarely used to describe someone of your ethnicity. If you think otherwise, then idk....

It's all good tho. You feel some type of way about people of color, and that's your prerogative. Sad. It is what it is tho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Does it really matter what they call you? The more we give attention to the BS the more these things are going to happen and the more bowing down you will see as starbucks has apologized is closing 8000 stores for racial bias training run by Eric Holder which will make you shake your head. 

You have a police commissioner apologizing for 200 years of law enforcement in Baltimore

Enough is enough.

This won't help either. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You're smart enough to know that "thug" is linked to black people. The word "thug" is rarely used to describe someone of your ethnicity. If you think otherwise, then idk....

This is such bullshit. 

A white man cant be a thug? Ok .... back to the bizarro Seinfeld world you live in .... I know a lot of thugs who are white strictly due to their actions not because of the color of their skin

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Racial bias. 

Something that will never ever be fixed. Its time to accept it. Its been 300 years of the same crap. We lost 600k Americans to this issue in the Civil War. We lost more Americans during reconstruction. And than for about 100 years more after that. There will never be this linear acceptance of the races and the quicker we accept that the better. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

This is such bullshit. 

A white man cant be a thug? Ok .... back to the bizarro Seinfeld world you live in .... I know a lot of thugs who are white strictly due to their actions not because of the color of their skin

Okay.

Just gotta agree to disagree since we're not getting anywhere with this. And it's probably in your best interest to block me too. Don't wanna corrupt you with any of the bullshit I have to say regarding any topic anymore. 

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

It's all good tho. You feel some type of way about people of color, and that's your prerogative. Sad. It is what it is tho. 

Just out of curiosity .... if the two men involved in Starbucks situation were white .... what is an appropriate term to describe them if thug is off limits? 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Okay.

Just gotta agree to disagree since we're not getting anywhere with this. And it's probably in your best interest to block me too. Don't wanna corrupt you with any of the bullshit I have to say regarding any topic anymore. 

The only B.S. I've seen is a long thread with people defending bad behavior.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Something that will never ever be fixed. Its time to accept it. Its been 300 years of the same crap. We lost 600k Americans to this issue in the Civil War. We lost more Americans during reconstruction. And than for about 100 years more after that. There will never be this linear acceptance of the races and the quicker we accept that the better. 

Kinda hard to move forward as a country when racism is the most divisive topic in America. With that being said, how can we try to progress in the midst of regression? No one wins at the end of the day. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Okay.

I think what you mean to say is your argument lacks rationality. 

What’s sad is you will defend these two guys simply because you can identify with their skin color. 

But if they were white, I would have no problem saying they are pieces of garbage .... or thugs. If a cop tells you to leave and you don’t .... you’re a piece of garbage looking for trouble. Period. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

I think what you mean to say is your argument lacks rationality. 

What’s sad is you will defend these two guys simply because you can identify with their skin color. 

But if they were white, I would have no problem saying they are pieces of garbage .... or thugs. If a cop tells you to leave and you don’t .... you’re a piece of garbage looking for trouble. Period. 

So go ahead and block this piece of garbage. Hell, I'd do it for you if I had access to your account. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Kinda hard to move forward as a country when racism is the most divisive topic in America. With that being said, how can we try to progress in the midst of regression? No one wins at the end of the day. 

There will never be progression completely. Accept the fact that blacks are accepted by most have jobs and the like. Considering where they were in the 1960s to today black and other minorities have certainly made a huge step forward considering the last POTUS was black. So the victim card is getting too old and way too played out. There will always be racism. There were always be prejudice. All of us have bias. Thats human nature. Hate groups like the KKK are very minimal in number. So if you think about it hasnt America moved in a very forward direction. Now you can agree with the direction or disagree with the direction but that is a whole different conversation

Just now, HSFBfan said:

There will never be progression completely. Accept the fact that blacks are accepted by most have jobs and the like. Considering where they were in the 1960s to today black and other minorities have certainly made a huge step forward considering the last POTUS was black. So the victim card is getting too old and way too played out. There will always be racism. There were always be prejudice. All of us have bias. Thats human nature. Hate groups like the KKK are very minimal in number. So if you think about it hasnt America moved in a very forward direction. Now you can agree with the direction or disagree with the direction but that is a whole different conversation

I agree with 98% of what you say. Still an A+ 

• Like 1