Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

A guy like me who is white and hates Starbucks and their prices... A street guy...How do you like me now...

You didn't answer the question, this is not about you.  It's about the guys you don't think fit in at Starbucks.

But I know you won't answer, you have this immature thing about you where you hide behind silly coded words and phrases instead of coming out and saying what you really think. 

Go back in the vitamin thread where you may have some credibility.

8 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/wi-fi-and-starbucks-homeless-problem-2016-5

Many Starbucks bathrooms, especially busy locations in cities, have solved the issue of homeless customers bathing in bathrooms by adding a lock on the bathroom door, making it only accessible for paying customers.

Iv'e NOT read Starbucks policy regarding non-paying "customers." Multiple searches have proven fruitless. The link DOES give a clue as to what "policy" is. 

Thank you for chiming in. Another supporter for bad behavior is what this world needs. Evidently there's plenty on here. 

This doesn't tell me if she was following policy, which would include telling unwanted patrons they need to leave.  This is what is in dispute. ( the two men said she didn't, corroborated by a witness, of course she says she did) who knows.....

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Street guy from either  side of the isle....Your attemp failed..

What are you talking about?  You don't know anything about these guys.  You just look and base your judgement on looks alone.    

Not only that, but that's a bias to say they don't belong based on looks alone, I wonder if the mgr was thinking the same way?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

You might be right about this.

Now I'm sure it goes against what America stands for, but hey, this country is already divided as ever......and seeing that Trump is about to put the wall up, something "greater" could be on the horizon in the future that'll definitely set America back once more.

See this is where we differ. I dont believe the wall divides us in the sense of what your talking about. We as a nation can no longer sustain the world. I understand what it says on the statue of liberty but we cannot operate like that anymore. Of course this is my opinion but we have to stop the illegal immigration from all over the world. I dont beoiege trump is taking us backwards as much as he is protecting this country. We can not be the world savior anymore. 

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This doesn't tell me if she was following policy, which would include telling unwanted patrons they need to leave.  This is what is in dispute. ( the two men said she didn't, corroborated by a witness, of course she says she did) who knows.....

I guess the thick-skulled need to be told right from wrong? DUH, policy in ANY business is to make money. If I need to explain this, I've given you too much credit.

They were loitering which turned into trespassing when they refused to leave. Keep defending....it's a good look for you.

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why is it that people are implying they were bad guys or they were homeless?  Weren't they waiting for a friend who was going to show up and they were waiting for him before ordering?  

I just don't understand what the problem is.  I've been many places where I was waiting for a friend and didnt order until the person arrived.  Never had a problem.  

What am I missing?

1 minute ago, LeftOnBase said:

I guess the thick-skulled need to be told right from wrong? DUH, policy in ANY business is to make money. If I need to explain this, I've given you too much credit.

They were loitering which turned into trespassing when they refused to leave. Keep defending....it's a good look for you.

Im not defending but I don't act as if I know all the fACTS.like you. The truth is your ass wasn't there, you don't even personally know the people involved nor their  personalities. you have no idea what she said and didn't say.  The two guys either as far as that's concerned.

If their account is true, then all of this took less that 15 min from the time they entered till she called the cops and they arrived.   But like I said, who knows.....

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Why is it that people are implying they were bad guys or they were homeless?  Weren't they waiting for a friend who was going to show up and they were waiting for him before ordering?  

I just don't understand what the problem is.  I've been many places where I was waiting for a friend and didnt order until the person arrived.  Never had a problem.  

What am I missing?

Folks have strong biases, then they get around other like-minded folks and they confirm each other's biases and they think that confirmation then is the truth.  That's why HSFBfan only wants to be around others like him, folks were opposIng his views and it was too much for him to process.   It's interesting to me to see what makes people tick.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Not really as I have at times gone there,ironically, to meet people....Based on those observations I made a judgement....Plus the the guy I saw who didn't leave looked like he wasn't happy and didn't order anything....If he a was a Starbucks guy he would have been sipping tea or coffee and chatting away, reading or on his iPad....My asserations are correct  and I called  it exactly...What you think may be important to you,but on this foolish and overly talked about I am done...🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

there

So you went there to meet people just like these guys claim.  Were you criminally minded as has been suggested about them?  Who said they weren't going to order once their friend arrived?

good bye, your constant filling in the gaps with limited anecdotal examples is beyond silly.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Im not defending but I don't act as if I know all the fACTS.like you. The truth is your ass wasn't there, you don't even personally know the people involved nor their  personalities. you have no idea what she said and didn't say.  The two guys either as far as that's concerned.

If their account is true, then all of this took less that 15 min from the time they entered till she called the cops and they arrived.   But like I said, who knows.....

They were asked by management to leave and then by the police, per ABC News....who I hate to quote because of their left leaning.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I don't need to be hit over the head to understand that Starbucks is in business to make money. 

No, I was NOT there. The two men actually admitted that they were asked to leave and refused..... By management and then by law enforcement.

This isn't the first incident that demands something be done for a wrong. It certainly won't be the last. Double standards are in vogue in today's environment. Let's all celebrate crime and criminals! Dumb........ain't it?

16 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

They were asked by management to leave and then by the police, per ABC News....who I hate to quote because of their left leaning.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I don't need to be hit over the head to understand that Starbucks is in business to make money. 

No, I was NOT there. The two men actually admitted that they were asked to leave and refused..... By management and then by law enforcement.

This isn't the first incident that demands something be done for a wrong. It certainly won't be the last. Double standards are in vogue in today's environment. Let's all celebrate crime and criminals! Dumb........ain't it?

HER account is she told them to leave, you took it without hesitation.  They claim they weren't asked by management to leave. It's on VIDEO.  Go to the 1:28 on the video and listen to Robins question and their answer. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/men-arrested-starbucks-business-meeting-hoping-change-lives/story?id=54578217 

You weren't there and don't know all the FACTS, you are simply taking her word for what happened.

double standard? Were you hollering double standard when that little drunk punk killed those pedestrians and affluenza was argued as a defense?  What about the little Stanford thug in CA that raped the woman and the sentencing judge said jail was too harsh for this kid?  Were you hollering double standard then? 

55 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Weren't they waiting for a friend who was going to show up and they were waiting for him before ordering?  

It’s not a meal. 

Its a beverage. 

You don’t need to wait on Mr. Real Estate to order a cup of coffee. 

If waiting to have meal than yes. 

Its a Starbucks .... not a Denny’s. 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

It’s not a meal. 

Its a beverage. 

You don’t need to wait on Mr. Real Estate to order a cup of coffee. 

If waiting to have meal than yes. 

Its a Starbucks .... not a Denny’s. 

There's not a NEED to wait when even ordering food.  Interesting, now you are judging and condemning them over when to order coffee. l didn't  know there was protocol dictatIng if you order before or after a friend arrives.  

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

HER account is she told them to leave, you took it without hesitation.  They claim they weren't asked by management to leave. It's on VIDEO.  Go to the 1:28 on the video and listen to Robins question and their answer. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/men-arrested-starbucks-business-meeting-hoping-change-lives/story?id=54578217 

You weren't there and don't know all the FACTS, you are simply taking her word for what happened.

double standard? Were you hollering double standard when that little drunk punk killed those pedestrians and affluenza was argued as a defense?  What about the little Stanford thug in CA that raped the woman and the sentencing judge said jail was too harsh for this kid?  Were you hollering double standard then? 

GLAD see you're STILL defending. I'll not change anybody's mind on right and wrong. Especially when race is involved. Hey, I get it. Right and wrong depends on what is politically correct at the moment. This day I'm WRONG! Evidently! Who'da thunk it that "educated" people would defend bad behavior? Not new, but getting old.  

11 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

GLAD see you're STILL defending. I'll not change anybody's mind on right and wrong. Especially when race is involved. Hey, I get it. Right and wrong depends on what is politically correct at the moment. This day I'm WRONG! Evidently! Who'da thunk it that "educated" people would defend bad behavior? Not new, but getting old.  

I don't know the truth of what happened; therefore, I'm not definitive in my statements.  Ive stated this already.  So why do you keep this narrative im defending a position?  I'm rejecting yours as being an indisputable fact. 

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There's not a NEED to wait when even ordering food.  Interesting, now you are judging and condemning them over when to order coffee. l didn't  know there was protocol dictatIng if you order before or after a friend arrives.  

Jeez man ... you ever meet someone at a Starbucks before and get there first? 

My guess is you got you coffee and didn’t wait.

ever meet someone at a restaurant before and get there first? 

My guess you didn’t order food until they got there. 

This isn’t rocket science. 

11 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Jeez man ... you ever meet someone at a Starbucks before and get there first? 

My guess is you got you coffee and didn’t wait.

ever meet someone at a restaurant before and get there first? 

My guess you didn’t order food until they got there. 

This isn’t rocket science. 

You're right it's not rocket science, it's a damn preference!  

Sometimes I've talked to folks I was meeting for dinner and they told me to not wait just order ahead, or that they weren't eating at all, sometimes not, so I waited..  

I've had meetings at coffee shops, sometimes I waited if the person had not been there before and they were there as a recommendation and I wanted to share with them what to order, other times I ordered ahead.  

How do you know their friend didn't ask them to wait on him and he was going to buy them all coffee?

Nice though again you want to dictate protocol for ordering coffee!

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I've had meetings at coffee shops, sometimes I waited if the person had not been there before and they were there as a recommendation and I wanted to share with them what to order,

Jeez man it’s ordering coffee not 31 flavors at baskin Robbins. 

Recommendation? Lol for coffee? Decaf or regular. Boom. You’re welcome. 

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don't know the truth of what happened; therefore, I'm not definitive in my statements.  Ive stated this already.  So why do you keep this narrative im defending a position?  I'm rejecting yours as being an indisputable fact. 

I was relating what ABC News said what had transpired. Nothing more, nothing less.I don't give a red rat's ass what people "read into" a story. Too many people trying to read in between the lines to fit their agenda! 

Refused to leave! Refused to leave! Asked multiple times per ABC News. How complicated ????????????

Good God, can someone give me a hammer?

• Like 1