Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

ABC News reports that the manager who called the police "no longer works for the company."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/starbucks-ceo-kevin-johnson-orders-unconscious-bias-training/story?id=54496139.

Let's hope that she really was a racist who called the police because there two black men in her store and not because there were two men in her store who were asked to buy something or to leave and who did neither.

Otherwise, it looks like she herself is a victim of injustice. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

This is a 'no hold barred' dialogue is it not? 

no it is not 

It is simply not moderated. 

Big difference.

You once said you only post... let's all it mean spirited, if someone first did to you.  

Why not really embrace that? 

anyway, I'd love to be able to enjoy your posts here if it can be worked out

BTW, this is my 5th try, in earnest, to get along with you.

We agree on much, if you would just read what I post instead of  reading a few words and supplanting a stereotype for the rest of the post maybe we could both learn instead of having a contest of who can post the most depraved.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

The Times reports that this particular Starbucks did have "a rule in place that customers can use the restrooms only if they purchase something."

color me shocked

and let me tell ya' 

shop owners have told me the same and with a smile and some talk I get the key anyway

I'd love to have seen the entire event unfold. 

I am guessing it was very different than portrayed.

It is seeming more and more like Starbucks corporate is the bad guy.

Rushed to apologize strictly based on perceptions not realities.

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You've been running around applauding yourself as if you've made some policy change or changed directive in the course of action of any event.  Sit back and look at how buffoonish you look and sound with what you post on this forum.  Manhood is not based on internet chatter!  

Im firmly fortified and established from a well rounded 51 years of experience, you're probably not going to influence me much without some real face to face interaction...we are caracitures on here...get real.

Enough of this candy assed story about coffee and sit ins and whatnot...that's my true feeling.  This story has gotten more traction than it deserves.

sometimes I think you are a drummer in training.

I guess the point of this post was to insult me, still not sure why. 

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Time to let it go.

I agreed with this 5 minutes after it happened...

Problem is.... now several days later people are fired and can't support families, people are protesting in the streets, can't GET your coffee at Starbuck's no more (not that I ever enjoyed that swill), and if the direction does not change those bodies will be piling up in the streets quickly....

Is that the worth of a life today? the price for a cup of coffee?

That's what one's life is worth..... to sit in that 'power' chair?

There are many who propose that as a failed species....the end is near...

While I always see hope being an eternal optimist, let's make sure we don't drive that 'price' down any further....

Cause yeah....when it hit's ZERO....

giphy.gif

I think we are all....... going to be screwed...

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Aha, on the one hand, you suggest it's not about color. But in the paragraph above you refer to two black men not two men or two brown men or two white men, but two black men. Unfortunately, in the USA too often it's about color. It is just the way things are.

For my part, when I get to a restaurant or bar ahead of my company, if I don't wish to order ahead, I generally ask the staff it's they would mind if I take a seat till my company arrives. Usually, they say that's fine, especially if I have been to the establishment before. If I see hesitancy on their part, I either wait in the parking lot, if I still desire to meet my company at the establishment; or I may call my company and suggest we meet elsewhere. But that's just me. 

that's not only you but its most people with common sense - enough said.

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Who said that they were staring at her for 10 minutes? According to reports, they were sitting there waiting on their friend. People do that shit ALL THE TIME!!!!! Even at starbucks! And like I said yesterday, if she feels intimidated by black men, then she's in the wrong damn industry. 

And what does them being "grown, black men" have to do with anything? 

the manager/employee stated "they were sitting there staring at the counter when approached to buy something".

Yes people do it all the time but people also tell them they are waiting for others and usually buy something small until their company arrives.  Oh I get it, SOME folks don't have to follow common courtesies and societal norms because they think they're fucking special.  lmao.

And hell no, that girl is NOT in the wrong industry.  she has every right not to like someone for whatever reason but the reason of simply feeling uneasy by two men (black or white) is enough for any true business owner or employee.  You come into my dads business years ago and sit down without buying something you can expect to be kicked the fuck out, easy as that!!!  These businesses aren't like WIC or HUD, they aren't in the business of sharing other people's stuff for free, its why they are so fucking successful.  

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Yes she would be wrong.  You or her can live in fear if you want but that has nothing to do with anything other than your OWN fear.  What are you afraid of?  They were waiting for somebody right?  

Live in fear???  As if its unjust???  You the fuck are you to tell anyone how to feel or live???  Ha, we can live however we want and most of that fear is caused by actions of those people in the past.  she has to be lucky and on point every day at her job, the bad guys only have to get lucky once; once when her guard is down and then its over; fucking robbed and/or killed.  

ITS NOT WORTH IT FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE TO TRUST OTHERS, ITS NOT WORTH THAT ONE CHANCE AND BEING WRONG!!!  I'd rather violate you and alive then take a chance, befriend you and then get fucking robbed or killed.  

48 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

the manager/employee stated "they were sitting there staring at the counter when approached to buy something".

Yes people do it all the time but people also tell them they are waiting for others and usually buy something small until their company arrives.  Oh I get it, SOME folks don't have to follow common courtesies and societal norms because they think they're fucking special.  lmao.

And hell no, that girl is NOT in the wrong industry.  she has every right not to like someone for whatever reason but the reason of simply feeling uneasy by two men (black or white) is enough for any true business owner or employee.  You come into my dads business years ago and sit down without buying something you can expect to be kicked the fuck out, easy as that!!!  These businesses aren't like WIC or HUD, they aren't in the business of sharing other people's stuff for free, its why they are so fucking successful.  

1. First you said they were staring at her; now you're saying that they were staring at the counter. WHICH ONE IS IT? Smh...

2. Since people do it all the time, did of the employees ask the two men could they be of any service? And if you're waiting on somebody in a restaurant/coffee shop, you don't have to buy shit! If the manager or the employees were uncomfortable, they shoulda did their fuckin jobs and asked the men could they help with anything. I think this whole situation coulda been avoided if they did that. 

3. And seriously, they really couldn't have let the man use the restroom when he and his friend were minding their own business the whole time? That's bullshit.

32 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. First you said they were staring at her; now you're saying that they were staring at the counter. WHICH ONE IS IT? Smh...

2. Since people do it all the time, did of the employees ask the two men could they be of any service? And if you're waiting on somebody in a restaurant/coffee shop, you don't have to buy shit! If the manager or the employees were uncomfortable, they shoulda did their fuckin jobs and asked the men could they help with anything. I think this whole situation coulda been avoided if they did that. 

3. And seriously, they really couldn't have let the man use the restroom when he and his friend were minding their own business the whole time? That's bullshit.

Has anything been reported regarding (2)?

And (3) was the policy at that store. You might think it's a sh*t policy, but that has nothing to do with race. 

Why not add (4)? When they were told that they couldn't use the bathroom unless they bought something, did they make it clear that they were waiting for a friend and that, when he arrived, they would buy something? 

And why not add (5)? Fu*king buy something. You're at a restaurant, not a public library.

48 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Has anything been reported regarding (2)?

And (3) was the policy at that store. You might think it's a sh*t policy, but that has nothing to do with race. 

Why not add (4)? When they were told that they couldn't use the bathroom unless they bought something, did they make it clear that they were waiting for a friend and that, when he arrived, they would buy something? 

And why not add (5)? Fu*king buy something. You're at a restaurant, not a public library.

Just let me know when they release the names of these wonderful activists  ... er superb customers...

Just asking for a friend of mine a barely know....

He's got some bet running that they have a history of stuff like this before...

and the entire thing is a SCAM...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Howard Schultz is a weak progressive who is closing about 800 stores..He will retrain people and should open these stores under a new name.  ".Soulbucks"...and have then run by black unemployed and have them learn the bussiness 😬😬😬😬

This country  got too soft under Barry from Honolulu. Political correctness and victimhood became the norm .... just between the Starbucks story and Bergen Catholic frivolous lawsuit I shake my head more and more everyday. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

his country  got too soft under Barry from Honolulu. Political correctness and victimhood became the norm .... just between the Starbucks story and Bergen Catholic frivolous lawsuit I shake my head more and more everyday. 

Yeah, I caught that on the main board...that shit is nutso...

You will probably not find another with..... let's just shall we say a 'competitive dislike' for Bergen Wrestling (at least I can root for their football team when OOS) but this is the first time in my life that I think I'm on their wrestling teams side....and praying it's not true / pulling for you guys.

15 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

1. not sure, assuming the girl was standing at the counter, duh, sMh!

2. not sure and yes you do have to buy shit.  its called loitering and then trespassing you dummy.  just b/c I rolled through the stop sign and you got a ticket for it, its still your fault cuz its still against the law no matter how many do it.  again dummy!

3. yep, you are correct on that one and you don't know if they were minding their own business the whole time, you weren't there.  Its what YOU WANT TO THINK that's what they were doing the whole time.  double dummy!!

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

victimhood became the norm ....

OMG, This is so.... human.

You guys are the ultimate victims. 

Trump arguably the greatest single victim, ever. 

I just spoke to this in another thread. 

This started with Palin. 

People flocked to Sarah because she offered them absolution for their failed lives. 

Kid does drugs, not the parents fault. Kid get's knocked up in high school, not the parents fault. Get knocked up in your 40's, not your fault, it's god's way.... I could go on.

Now Trump claims your failed career is the fault of the Mexican. 

Your fear is the fault of the Muslims.

He claims his struggles are because of the FBI, courts, Obie, Hill... 

Trumpism is the ultimate victimization religion. 

Palinism on an institutional level. 

• Like 2