Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Jeez man it’s ordering coffee not 31 flavors at baskin Robbins. 

Recommendation? Lol for coffee? Decaf or regular. Boom. You’re welcome. 

Didn't offer that as the actual answer, as we don't know.  I offered that against your coffee ordering protocol.  Let's stop the games, many folks go into coffee shops and dont order immediately, they sit first then order  or vise versa.  That's why they are social places.  There is no stupid pattern when or how often to order especially seeing as this whole event may have only taken less than 15 minutes to transpire.

1 minute ago, LeftOnBase said:

I was relating what ABC News said what had transpired. Nothing more, nothing less.I don't give a red rat's ass what people "read into" a story. Too many people trying to read in between the lines to fit their agenda! 

Refused to leave! Refused to leave! Asked multiple times per ABC News. How complicated ????????????

Good God, can someone give me a hammer?

That's really my point, folks have been reading a lot into this and tuthfully not many facts have been verified.

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

No, it’s proper etiquette. 

No really.  Like I said it depends on the reason for meeting: business, social, or like I said earlier people can tell their companions to go ahead and order without them for any number of reasons. Stop being so narrow minded, you don't know what was discussed between the three men nor the depth of their relationship.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

That's really my point, folks have been reading a lot into this and tuthfully not many facts have been verified.

In order to satisfy you, someone here needed to be there listening to satisfy your mind?

What I gleaned from news reports was that they were asked to leave and refused. Damn, where's that hammer? Evidently news reports aren't sufficient. 

12 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

In order to satisfy you, someone here needed to be there listening to satisfy your mind?

What I gleaned from news reports was that they were asked to leave and refused. Damn, where's that hammer? Evidently news reports aren't sufficient. 

So the news can't be agenda driven?  Isn't that what the right has been screaming about for a year now?

What do you think the news was using a source for them being asked and not complying...maybe the mgr's testimony?  They don't have special powers, they can't read minds.  Robin Roberts with ABC, reported they weren't asked...she used the men's testimony as the source, doesn't make it the truth either.  

And with that we are back to square one not knowing the truth.  

anyways I'm out.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

As if news aren't agenda driven.  Isn't that what the right has been screaming about for a year now?

What do you think the news was using a source for them being asked and not  complying...maybe the mgr's testimony?  They don't have special powers, they can't read minds.

anyways I'm out.

News IS agenda driven!

That's why I cringed using ABC News as a source. I could shout it from the roof tops and those who would defend bad behavior wouldn't listen. Should I expect any differently on here? Bad behavior is bad behavior, regardless of color. Case closed in my opinion.

Actually "case closed" when the plaintiffs receive the settlement from Starbucks. Bad behavior rewarded!

25 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

News IS agenda driven!

That's why I cringed using ABC News as a source. I could shout it from the roof tops and those who would defend bad behavior wouldn't listen. Should I expect any differently on here? Bad behavior is bad behavior, regardless of color. Case closed in my opinion.

Actually "case closed" when the plaintiffs receive the settlement from Starbucks. Bad behavior rewarded!

And with all that you just posted at the end of the day you still can't VERIFY her testimony.  I've asked you to, and you can't....let it go.

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

@World Citizen @noonereal.... Since you two are the most level headed white men on this thread (greatly appreciated by the way), check out this video and tell me what you think: 

While I don't know what happen before I have an idea on what may have happen.  She saw the two Black guys sitting and an unconscious fear (the kind where a woman would walk on the other side off the street if she saw a few black guys walking her way or clutch her purse as she passed) disguised as suspicion creeps in and from there a course has been set.  The men rightly point out the unfairness since the white guy was able to use the bathroom without ordering so there obviously is no policy against doing so.  Cops arrive and arrest them.  

Bottom line is she feared the black guys but didn't fear the white guy. 

That is why they were treated differently and not from anything they did.  But I don't know what happen before but nothing leads me to think they were doing anything wrong.  

I can easily put myself in the shoes of those guys.  I would be pissed if I was denied and another was allowed, and right in front of me too...Just bc I was white.

Anyway that's my thoughts.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

Another tragedy. Deal with unwarranted deadly force as it happens. Stop labeling all police officers as racist killers. 

The other tragedy is people who are stupid enough to pay 6 bucks for a cup of coffee milk. 

Never heard anybody label all police as racist killers EVER.  That doesn't even make sense.  To question the way individuals or departmental methods of policing does make sense.  

I'm with you on the 6$ coffee though.  

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Probably because the employees didn't find me "intimidating." 

Heavy.

Why was I told that the bathrooms are for paying customers only?

I'm guessing it's because the store had a policy and employees who enforced it.

Is there a lesson to be drawn or point to be made in this context?

I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Nothing's wrong with me.....But some might say that that guy who was asked to leave and did not, was not the type who sits in Starbucks and sips tea or coffee....😏😏.

Are you serious? 

OK, I know you are.

You are so removed from day to day city life and so full of stereotypes that you believe that. 

The guys "looked" exactly like typical Starbucks customers in Center City Philly. 

9 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Bottom line is she feared the black guys but didn't fear the white guy. 

@FootballGuy

and no one here is addressing the real issue. The poverty that way too many blacks live in that often compel them to live outside the capitalistic system were are all inscripted into. This sets these stereotypes. 

If it was not for the considerable "residue" from slavery and then segregation this would not have evolved.

until reparations are made to elevate the lingering injustices,  this will continue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

That is the mind set of an individual with no sense.

What difference does it make if it i coffee or a burger?

You can't tell people how to live their lives.

It does matter ... but you’re not following so 🙄

Question.... if cops ask you to leave an establishment for whatever reason.... would you ever say no and refuse? 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Wrong. They actually can.... 

bathrooms for paying customers only. 

Wait, a minute.... 

"you cant tell someone how to live their lives", my answer... Boom! Good point.

Then I added, "NOR, can you dictate to business how it's run."

I have a shitfest with sportsballs, I don't agree with his race baiting incendiary agenda.

So, my comment was a backhanded compliment in a way.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Wait, a minute.... 

"you cant tell someone how to live their lives", my answer... Boom! Good point.

Then I added, "NOR, can you dictate to business how it's run."

I have a shitfest with sportsballs, I don't agree with his race baiting incendiary agenda.

So, my comment was a backhanded compliment in a way.

Hope this helps.

My bad.... comprende. 

11 hours ago, noonereal said:

@FootballGuy

and no one here is addressing the real issue. The poverty that way too many blacks live in that often compel them to live outside the capitalistic system were are all inscripted into. This sets these stereotypes. 

If it was not for the considerable "residue" from slavery and then segregation this would not have evolved.

until reparations are made to elevate the lingering injustices,  this will continue.

You've done lost your mind... daisy chained events to account for behavior of today.

42% participation in government assistance by whites exceeds any others..

Indians forced off their land...

Nobody in their right mind is putting out reparations, it can't be done.

Human race has evolved over time through conquest and in the history of mankind, there has been only 300 days of peace with no conflict or war.

It does NOT matter, people will continue to place others in boxes or caste system and no amount of reparations are going to fix that, you can walk in for a job interview and before you begin to speak you're being delineated and positioned in a perceptive fashion. 

Time to chuck the crutches my posting friend.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You have no clue how many steps ahead of you I am. 

Dude.... give cash to black people .... I’m sure you can find willing participants. Who’s stopping you? 

Have an extra car? Give it to a black man. 

Extra house? Same. 

Should we go the S. Africa reparations route where white farmers are being executed daily and their land being taken away for no compensation? You won’t hear Don Lemonade, Jake Tapper, Molestor Holt, or Rachel Madcow talk about white genocide. But you will hear all about stormy Daniels. 

2 cops were executed at a restaurant Thursday. You think any of the aforementioned names are talking about it on the propagandist outlets? 

And Why has it been open season on killing cops since Barry?