Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Kinda hard to move forward as a country when racism is the most divisive topic in America. With that being said, how can we try to progress in the midst of regression? No one wins at the end of the day. 

Let me educate about a little history .... 

Booker T Washington was an African American who actually endured slavery, Unlike you, your parents, or grandparents. Did he have the woe is me/victim mentality like he could of? No. 

Instead He taught himself how to read and Preached to his fellow blacks that the only way to overcome racism was to align themselves with the whites who were against racism and saw them as equals. Not to fight with the whites who were pro slavery. Probably not an easy thing to feel considering he actually was a slave. 

In addition, he warned that there would always be black leaders looking to stir up their angry feelings like a hornet’s nest and it would be disguised as feelings of compassion. He warned These leaders would only be looking out for Themselves and lining their pockets. 

Sound familiar? Al sharpton, Jesse Jackson, obama (70 million dollar book deal but Mr. man of the people) 

Booker T warned us about all those guys over a 100 years ago. 

Under obama race relations were set back 50 years .... and booker T warned us how it would be done. 

But all of us.... black/white didn’t listen to him. Sad. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

And even when some cases are looked at individually, caucasians or whoever else involved are always looking for technicalities to clear them from any wrongdoings even tho they were clearly in the wrong. 

Thats how the justice system works. Your always no matter what race trying to clear yourself. Sometimes it works and other times it doesnt. Look at OJ. They thought that was slam dunk. But yet it wasnt. And he was cleared. 

Listen this has been my suggestion forever and i know im not the only person to think of this because it has been proposed in smaller circles for the last at least 3 decades is that we need less interaction between the races and you will see less racial incidents. 

Let everyone go back to their own ghettos as they were called about 100 years ago. Let the blacks hang with the blacks, the italians with the italians and so forth. 

Yes im sure what i am stating sounds outrageous in 2018 but hey maybe thatll work

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

So if you and your family are out eating and someone does not like how you look and ask management to make you leave and they call cops and they come to ask you go go for no reason. You are O.K. with that?

Does not like how you look? Wtf are you talking about. 

Go for no reason? Starbucks is a business last time I checked. 

The bathrooms are for paying customers only .... not that hard to comprehend. 

I was in philly this past wknd met a lovely lady drinking at the ritz Carlton. I had a navy blazer on, dark jeans, and sneakers for comfort. 

She recommended we continue the night at some rooftop lounge so we go there ...bouncer didn’t let me in because I was Wearing sneakers. Did I tell the fat bouncer I was going to choke him out for being a jerk. No I followed policy and left saying nothing. No insults, no arguing .... and he’s a useless bouncer. If I can respect him than I think we all can have respect for law enforcement officials. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats how the justice system works. Your always no matter what race trying to clear yourself. Sometimes it works and other times it doesnt. Look at OJ. They thought that was slam dunk. But yet it wasnt. And he was cleared. 

Listen this has been my suggestion forever and i know im not the only person to think of this because it has been proposed in smaller circles for the last at least 3 decades is that we need less interaction between the races and you will see less racial incidents. 

Let everyone go back to their own ghettos as they were called about 100 years ago. Let the blacks hang with the blacks, the italians with the italians and so forth. 

Yes im sure what i am stating sounds outrageous in 2018 but hey maybe thatll work

You might be right about this.

Now I'm sure it goes against what America stands for, but hey, this country is already divided as ever......and seeing that Trump is about to put the wall up, something "greater" could be on the horizon in the future that'll definitely set America back once more.

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Does it make a difference?

The company thinks the employees were wrong.

Argue with that.

Baahahahahahah. The company (CEO) is trying to pacify the crowd that defends bad behavior. Never thought I'd see the day when wrong is right and right is wrong. Someone lost their job over following company protocol.....The only REAL "victim" in this situation.

What amazes me is how people can defend bad behavior...no matter what color, and be shocked when other people call foul. We see it all the time when criminals with extensive criminal records, have a fatal confrontations with law enforcement. People come out of the woodwork to protest and defend the fallen "angel." Same scenario here. 

I guess this gives "free pass" to the homeless or whomever wants to warm up in restaurants, or Starbucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

Baahahahahahah. The company (CEO) is trying to pacify the crowd that defends bad behavior. Never thought I'd see the day when wrong is right and right is wrong. Someone lost their job over following company protocol.....The only REAL "victim" in this situation.

What amazes me is how people can defend bad behavior...no matter what color, and be shocked when other people call foul. We see it all the time when criminals with extensive criminal records, have a fatal confrontations with law enforcement. People come out of the woodwork to protest and defend the fallen "angel." Same scenario here. 

I guess this gives "free pass" to the homeless or whomever wants to warm up in restaurants, or Starbucks.

Who told you she was following company policy? 

23 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Well the anti trump sjw feminist was obviously a racist just profiling those two guys! Duh..... 

not following company policy at all 🙄

A patron saying she's a sjw feminist and anti Trump doesn't mean is, neither does it mean she can't have other biases or had an irrational fear of these two that got the best of her better judgement.

It's a simple question, 'who told you she was following company policy?' 

I didn't respond to you on your earlier post, but the guys didn't say that the mgr told them to leave.  That's a key piece that is in dispute and they have a witness that corroborates their account of that particular event.  It doesn't make it true, but that's what is being said.

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Nothing's wrong with me.....But some might say that that guy who was asked to leave and did not, was not the type who sits in Starbucks and sips tea or coffee....😏😏.

What's the type?  Do you know his personality, likes and dislikes or are you basing it on physical appearances and traits?

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who told you she was following company policy? 

http://www.businessinsider.com/wi-fi-and-starbucks-homeless-problem-2016-5

Many Starbucks bathrooms, especially busy locations in cities, have solved the issue of homeless customers bathing in bathrooms by adding a lock on the bathroom door, making it only accessible for paying customers.

Iv'e NOT read Starbucks policy regarding non-paying "customers." Multiple searches have proven fruitless. The link DOES give a clue as to what "policy" is. 

Thank you for chiming in. Another supporter for bad behavior is what this world needs. Evidently there's plenty on here.