Florida or Georgia

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

FLA

Because its privates are better....

IMG

STA

AHP

CG

Don't believe any of GAs top pubs would beat the above teams most seasons. 

Maybe not, we just have publics in the bottom half of the GA top 10 who loses to AHP by 3 points after missing 4 field goals.

In reality, the GA Top 5 probably splits almost every year.

Not really sure what you're basing this assumption off of.

AHP is fairly new on the scene and squeaked by a 5 loss Colquitt in 2016. The same Colquitt who was beaten convincingly in state on more than one occasion. Yet, it took Colquitt missing 4 fg for them to pull out the W. Colquitt had one of their weaker and least talented teams in the Rush era, while AHP had one of their better squads.

Cardinal Gibbons has essentially done nothing to be favored over the GA Top 5 annually.

IMG is the only one I would favor over an equally ranked GA public annually.

STA doesn't appear as dominant as they once were, but is probably a slight favorite most years, although I think they lose their fair share.

It's not as big of a slam dunk as you make it seem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Maybe not, we just have publics in the bottom half of the GA top 10 who loses to AHP by 3 points after missing 4 field goals.

AHP is fairly new on the scene and squeaked by a 5 loss Colquitt in 2016. The same Colquitt who was beaten convincingly in state on more than one occasion. Yet, it took Colquitt missing 4 fg for them to pull out the W. Colquitt had one of their weaker and least talented teams in the Rush era, while AHP had one of their better squads.

Cardinal Gibbons has essentially done nothing to be favored over the GA Top 5 annually.

STA doesn't appear as dominant as they once were, but is probably a slight favorite most years, although I think they lose their fair share.

Comedian  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

FLA

Because its privates are better....

IMG

STA

AHP

CG

Don't believe any of GAs top pubs would beat the above teams most seasons. 

Idk why you added CG, they were good 1 season.

IMG is the only team that fits "most seasons".

I think most people NOT from either one of these states would seriously have to spend some time/a few seasons down in Georgia or North Florida to actually appreciate their style/brand of football.  Its easy to write the entire state off after what happened to Norcross or prop up a state b/c they assemble a NATIONAL IMG  team located in Florida. 

Do not consider IMG for this argument, its ridiculous to do so but if you then consider the states from where their players are coming from.

If you go back over the last 25 seasons (I spend 10 of those in GA), there are NOT too many seasons where the top five from each state couldn't hang with one another.  The talent doesn't change from Valdosta to Tally nor does it change from Atlanta to Miami.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Didn't mean for it to sound like a slam dunk. Both states are Top 5 hsfb states. Not much of a gap in talent levels. Marietta at SJC will tell us a lot next season about the GA elites. 

Marietta Is not a traditional GA power... only recently have they started to come back. 

Marietta was good back in the 50s-70s. Now they are starting to come back. 

7 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Which tastes better sirloin steak or a shit sandwich 🥪 

thats what what you just compared 🤣 

How many times have you actually been to FL? Because in reality Florida is decent at best.... 

Great vacation state but on a serious note FL has some problems. 

Would I live there? Yes. But it's not a first choice... 

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Delete your whiny ass Rab excuses and you would have a really good argument. An argument I would hang an emoji on, Rab jr.,.

You're getting better though.

Regards,

C.A.

P.s. how many warm bottles of milk for ya at the benz in August? Binky?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Also this is a stupid thread... 

And this same dude rarely even post and when he does it's trolly 

He'll respond with some James Bond related  song... 

Honestly I don't even think this guy lives in GA... or FL for that matter. 

Waco Midway, I believe....

Regards,

C.A.

21 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Marietta Is not a traditional GA power... only recently have they started to come back. 

Marietta was good back in the 50s-70s. Now they are starting to come back. 

Indeed, thin analysis by GSB.... one season, one game with an up & comer this fall.

Marietta if build on this upcoming season with some solid showings should make some noise next season.

37 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Didn't mean for it to sound like a slam dunk. Both states are Top 5 hsfb states. Not much of a gap in talent levels. Marietta at SJC will tell us a lot next season about the GA elites. 

Its according to how Marietta & SJC do in their own states also. They have to BE top in their states for that to matter. They are both projected to be, but you never know.

As far as FL vs GA...

Milton vs Cardinal Gibbons & North Gwinnett vs Wekiva will tell a lot.

• Thanks 1

Good FL vs GA games this season...

Cardinal Gibbons FL @ Milton GA (Freedom Bowl, 8/31)

North Gwinnett GA vs. Wekiva FL  (@ Milton GA,Freedom Bowl, 9/1)

Dr. Phillips FL @ Lee Co. GA (8/25)

Deerfield Beach FL @ Buford GA (8/31)

Brunswick GA @ Bartram Trail FL (8/24)

i know GSB thinks CG is going to run all over Milton... But I guarantee they dont. Maybe by 7-10 points.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Good FL vs GA games this season...

Cardinal Gibbons FL @ Milton GA (Freedom Bowl, 8/31)

North Gwinnett GA vs. Wekiva FL  (@ Milton GA,Freedom Bowl, 9/1)

Dr. Phillips FL @ Lee Co. GA (8/25)

Deerfield Beach FL @ Buford GA (8/31)

Brunswick GA @ Bartram Trail FL (8/24)

i know GSB thinks CG is going to run all over Milton... But I guarantee they dont. Maybe by 7-10 points.

Hopefully closer than that, we'll see.

Milton players are hitting double duty in my gym and on campus.

30 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How many times have you actually been to FL? Because in reality Florida is decent at best.... 

Great vacation state but on a serious note FL has some problems. 

Would I live there? Yes. But it's not a first choice... 

He was locked up in Marianna for a couple years.

Donny's only visit.

I still don’t know why some of you on here continue to speak of Georgia as if they are a chump football state. I am from Florida and Tennessee, but have not lived anywhere near the southeast in 25 years. Being in the military allowed me to branch out and witness football from most corners of our country. When I would visit my family I would always catch a game. The southeast STILL represents! 

Most knowledgeable fans know that FL,TX, and CA are the top 3 states, but GA and OH are not THAT far behind. To answer the original question, I say FL wins a top 10 battle 6-4 or 7-3 depending on the circumstances. 

• Like 3