Florida or Georgia

Listen this thread was started by big hairy ball sack. He is a Georgia troll who occasionally comes on here to spew propaganda. You notice how he hasn't made one comment the entire thread. Just likes to throw food in the water and watch the fish eat. 

Both states have their qualities in both teams, players and coaches. In my opinion on a team standpoint Georgia and Florida are neck and neck. If you went down the top 50-100 teams in each state it would be fairly even most of the times. Georgia has a slight edge in the fact they can dump more money into coaching staffs and facilities to sustain much more stability and proper procedures to cultivate winning programs at the highest level. 

Both states are at the top. Texas is number 1, and Florida and GA are 2A and 2B in my opinion 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Listen this thread was started by big hairy ball sack. He is a Georgia troll who occasionally comes on here to spew propaganda. You notice how he hasn't made one comment the entire thread. Just likes to throw food in the water and watch the fish eat. 

Both states have their qualities in both teams, players and coaches. In my opinion on a team standpoint Georgia and Florida are neck and neck. If you went down the top 50-100 teams in each state it would be fairly even most of the times. Georgia has a slight edge in the fact they can dump more money into coaching staffs and facilities to sustain much more stability and proper procedures to cultivate winning programs at the highest level. 

Both states are at the top. Texas is number 1, and Florida and GA are 2A and 2B in my opinion 

Pipe it down, dick

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I think most people NOT from either one of these states would seriously have to spend some time/a few seasons down in Georgia or North Florida to actually appreciate their style/brand of football.  Its easy to write the entire state off after what happened to Norcross or prop up a state b/c they assemble a NATIONAL IMG  team located in Florida. 

Do not consider IMG for this argument, its ridiculous to do so but if you then consider the states from where their players are coming from.

If you go back over the last 25 seasons (I spend 10 of those in GA), there are NOT too many seasons where the top five from each state couldn't hang with one another.  The talent doesn't change from Valdosta to Tally nor does it change from Atlanta to Miami.  

I think Florida wins because the privates bring them over the top

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Milton vs Cardinal Gibbons & North Gwinnett vs Wekiva will tell a lot.

Several people have said that and I have to disagree.  Right now, Marietta has the potential to be a one hit wonder, if that.  No one knows.  At least in 2016 we had a very good team to back up the transfers and that team shined.  With the exception of one year, Grayson has been a top team in GA for 9 or 10 years.  I know some will take exception to that but we were there at or near the end most every season.  As many have pointed out, we added to an already good to great team.  I just don't see that kind of foundation at Marietta.  It very well could be there and I just haven't seen it because to be honest I've had no reason to pay attention to them.  If they perform well this year and for several years to follow them we can talk about them being one of the elite teams in GA but for now, not so much.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Good FL vs GA games this season...

Cardinal Gibbons FL @ Milton GA (Freedom Bowl, 8/31)

North Gwinnett GA vs. Wekiva FL  (@ Milton GA,Freedom Bowl, 9/1)

Dr. Phillips FL @ Lee Co. GA (8/25)

Deerfield Beach FL @ Buford GA (8/31)

Brunswick GA @ Bartram Trail FL (8/24)

i know GSB thinks CG is going to run all over Milton... But I guarantee they dont. Maybe by 7-10 points.

All but 1 game in GA,  they travel like TX.  Almost.. At least they are playing 1 game on the road.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I think most people NOT from either one of these states would seriously have to spend some time/a few seasons down in Georgia or North Florida to actually appreciate their style/brand of football.  Its easy to write the entire state off after what happened to Norcross or prop up a state b/c they assemble a NATIONAL IMG  team located in Florida. 

Do not consider IMG for this argument, its ridiculous to do so but if you then consider the states from where their players are coming from.

If you go back over the last 25 seasons (I spend 10 of those in GA), there are NOT too many seasons where the top five from each state couldn't hang with one another.  The talent doesn't change from Valdosta to Tally nor does it change from Atlanta to Miami.  

Great post overall, and I definitely agree with IMG.   The main advantage I see Fl having over Ga is the South FL area talent, which I think is second to none.   Even still, Fl coaching and facilities are definitely not on the same level as GA.   My personal view, and I might get slammed for this, is that FL in general is a little better at the top and Ga is a bit better when we get to depth.   It's all just perception though.  Ga teams strength correspond fairly well with class size.   So an average GA 7A team might beat the crap out of an average FL 7A team due to the fact that your "Avg" Ga team only looks average relative to their top class (as that class holds about 80% of the best teams).    If Florida had their top teams in just  2-3 classes this perception might change.

Ga is relatively new to national OOS type games (outside of FL and the SE) so the more they play the more we'll know.   I think they will surprise the haters personally.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Maybe not, we just have publics in the bottom half of the GA top 10 who loses to AHP by 3 points after missing 4 field goals.

In reality, the GA Top 5 probably splits almost every year.

Not really sure what you're basing this assumption off of.

AHP is fairly new on the scene and squeaked by a 5 loss Colquitt in 2016. The same Colquitt who was beaten convincingly in state on more than one occasion. Yet, it took Colquitt missing 4 fg for them to pull out the W. Colquitt had one of their weaker and least talented teams in the Rush era, while AHP had one of their better squads.

Cardinal Gibbons has essentially done nothing to be favored over the GA Top 5 annually.

IMG is the only one I would favor over an equally ranked GA public annually.

STA doesn't appear as dominant as they once were, but is probably a slight favorite most years, although I think they lose their fair share.

It's not as big of a slam dunk as you make it seem.

AHP beat them plain and simple AT COLQUITT 

It wouldn't have been close if it was played in South Florida because playing in GA is easily a 10 point advantage 

Cardinal gibbons hadn't gotten a chance to prove their worth but they are very talented and were without a doubt top 5 in FL last year and probably second best team in broward county last year (only trailing AHP)

You have to also think about this, FL has been at the top basically on talent alone and several of the top teams in the state has coaches from out of state (even few from FL)

If Florida had the coaching and administration support GA or TX has it would be FL in a landslide 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

AHP beat them plain and simple AT COLQUITT 

It wouldn't have been close if it was played in South Florida because playing in GA is easily a 10 point advantage 

Cardinal gibbons hadn't gotten a chance to prove their worth but they are very talented and were without a doubt top 5 in FL last year and probably second best team in broward county last year (only trailing AHP)

You have to also think about this, FL has been at the top basically on talent alone and several of the top teams in the state has coaches from out of state (even few from FL)

If Florida had the coaching and administration support GA or TX has it would be FL in a landslide 

Well, we’re happy to take all the studs and coaches off your hands. 

And get them to next level. 

😁😁😁

Regards,

C.A.

35 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Great post overall, and I definitely agree with IMG.   The main advantage I see Fl having over Ga is the South FL area talent, which I think is second to none.   Even still, Fl coaching and facilities are definitely not on the same level as GA.   My personal view, and I might get slammed for this, is that FL in general is a little better at the top and Ga is a bit better when we get to depth.   It's all just perception though.  Ga teams strength correspond fairly well with class size.   So an average GA 7A team might beat the crap out of an average FL 7A team due to the fact that your "Avg" Ga team only looks average relative to their top class (as that class holds about 80% of the best teams).    If Florida had their top teams in just  2-3 classes this perception might change.

Ga is relatively new to national OOS type games (outside of FL and the SE) so the more they play the more we'll know.   I think they will surprise the haters personally.   

Like. 

27 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I also think that Ga tends to be a little safe when scheduling Fl also tends to play in GA mostly, which can skew perception a bit as well.   Still, they play ball in Ga for sure. 

Of course they are,  that's how they protect their oos record 

If FL was as picky as GA we would never play oos because most other states refuse to play our top teams

For example just ask @Nolebull813 about the Disney event in Orlando and how CA teams hand picked weak FL teams and refused to accept playing decent FL teams, if your looking for a finger to point just look at that event (specifically the one at the event playing Dixie Hollins)

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I still don’t know why some of you on here continue to speak of Georgia as if they are a chump football state. I am from Florida and Tennessee, but have not lived anywhere near the southeast in 25 years. Being in the military allowed me to branch out and witness football from most corners of our country. When I would visit my family I would always catch a game. The southeast STILL represents! 

Most knowledgeable fans know that FL,TX, and CA are the top 3 states, but GA and OH are not THAT far behind. To answer the original question, I say FL wins a top 10 battle 6-4 or 7-3 depending on the circumstances. 

They are a solid state,  been consistent number 4 for a while and sometimes leaning top 3

But they aren't better than FL 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Good FL vs GA games this season...

Cardinal Gibbons FL @ Milton GA (Freedom Bowl, 8/31)

FL favored 

North Gwinnett GA vs. Wekiva FL  (@ Milton GA,Freedom Bowl, 9/1)

GA favored 

Dr. Phillips FL @ Lee Co. GA (8/25)

Toss up

Deerfield Beach FL @ Buford GA (8/31)

GA favored 

Brunswick GA @ Bartram Trail FL (8/24)

Small lean GA 

i know GSB thinks CG is going to run all over Milton... But I guarantee they dont. Maybe by 7-10 points.

Those i see:

1 favoring FL 

2 favoring GA 

1 small lean GA 

And 1 toss up