2018 State trending

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Their win streak didn't include any Georgia top teams, and as ECHS points out, their "force-field" drops when they cross the state line or when an OOS team with kryptonite helmets crosses into their state. 

They don't cross the state line to play and Tom, Dick, or Harry. They are usually playing a top national team. So to imply that they are just beating up weak CA teams and suck against OOS teams is disingenuous at best. DLS would be the best team in the state of GA every single year, with MAYBE a few losses sprinkled in.

That is reality.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like and respect what DLS has done. Having said that... Saying they'd be top 5 every year is a pretty spectacular claim. We really have nothing to base that on at all. Their win streak didn't include any Georgia top teams, and as ECHS points out, their "force-field" drops when they cross the state line or when an OOS team with kryptonite helmets crosses into their state. 

In short... while they're in Cali, playing Nor-Cal teams, they look like...

Image result for huge muscles

When they leave Cali and the Nor-Cal teams, or invite in an OOS power, they look like...

Image result for scrawny kid flexing

Almost every time they push the OOS button...

Image result for noodle arms gif

xD

I like you

dont be like echs

hes an idiot 

imagine how echs would defend the stupid stuff he says about DLS  considering his impassioned sense of far less defensible 

Besides GA should be the last place that judges people for occasionally losing to super-elite national teams — you guys have never even seen any

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They don't cross the state line to play and Tom, Dick, or Harry. They are usually playing a top national team. So to imply that they are just beating up weak CA teams and suck against OOS teams is disingenuous at best. DLS would be the best team in the state of GA every single year, with MAYBE a few losses sprinkled in.

That is reality.

They sure didn't hesitate to play that 1st round loser down in Euless. We saw how that turned out. I'm pretty sure Trinity was one of the three names above that year. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

They sure didn't hesitate to play that 1st round loser down in Euless. We saw how that turned out. I'm pretty sure Trinity was one of the three names above that year. 

In decades worth of success, you will have some instances contrary to my statement. But I challenge you to name ONE school with the body of work as DLS.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Crazy as fuck, huh!? Okay then. If this is the battle you’re choosing, game on. No team in GA will EVER run the veer like DLS. There’s a reason they won 181 games in a row. Once they get clicking on all cylinders no one beats them, except for trumped up all star teams from the Trinity League. 

For all you other GA guys I’m not trying to diss on your state. GA is a power state. Your FootballGuy has laid out the gauntlet now. 

Yes, crazy as fuck. You neutral most of the time, but you do make some dumb ass comments occasionally. Gotta call you out on that. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Massillon (OH) and Valdosta (GA). Google them! 

I don't need to.

Massillon hasn't won squat in decades. Horrible comparison. They were winning titles before the forward pass was even a common thing. Come on man..........They're titles were all prior to an actual playoff system.

Valdosta? Ok, MAYBE. But again, they are competing on generally a local level in a small state. Good small town program though.

DLS has been on the national scene for a long time, and in modern times, meaning the TV era lol

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I don't need to.

Massillon hasn't won squat in decades. Horrible comparison. They were winning titles before the forward pass was even a common thing. Come on man..........They're titles were all prior to an actual playoff system.

Valdosta? Ok, MAYBE. But again, they are competing on generally a local level in a small state. Good small town program though.

DLS has been on the national scene for a long time, and in modern times, meaning the TV era lol

No, no, no. You said challenge you with one (I had to give you two) school with the body of work as DLS. Yes, Massillon has fallen off the map, but you know their history. Same thing goes for Valdosta. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

No, no, no. You said challenge you with one (I had to give you two) school with the body of work as DLS. Yes, Massillon has fallen off the map, but you know their history. Same thing goes for Valdosta. 

I should have clarified in the modern era.

You bring up 2 great programs but the comparison is still apples to oranges because those programs are generally from small towns/states.

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

That is reality.

Lol... Sure they play some good teams OOS... But not every time.

Euless Trinity, STA, East... None were great the year DLS played them... Yet DLS lost all 3. 

All what youre saying means... Is that either theres not any good teams in California..... Or DLS never plays them. You cant have it every good way.

3 times in a 6 year span DLS went OOS, lost, and came back to go undefeated in,CA and win the,SBG.

The "DLS would be X in GA" crew... Which is you and Pops.. Are the same people thay thought DLS would smash ETrinity when I was telling u they wouldnt. Pops said DLS wins 34-17... Surprise, ur not,in CA anymore

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Massillon (OH) and Valdosta (GA). Google them! 

Great historical programs — probably #2 and #3 all-time measured by national bona fides 

but still short, especially speaking about last 5, 10, 20, or 30 years 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Sure they play some good teams OOS... But not every time.

So, you just cherry pick the ones that suit the agenda you are pushing?

All while your boys at Colquitt take the huge chance of playing a bush league team from Missouri and calling the schedule "not that bad."

You continue to push your agenda, while throwing stones at great programs for doing things your schools won't do.

So my question is this- Why are you pushing this agenda so hard?

On 5/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, ECHS05 said:

Thats not true at all.

VM scored 0 offensive points, had 45 rushing yards and 89 passing yards...  If you go back and actually watch... It was almost halftime before VM ever got their 1st 1st down. Most of their yards was when the game was essentially over.

Colquitt had 322 total yards to VMs 134 total yards.

Colquitt had 199 yards rushing. Daijun Edwards had 119 rushing yards on 12 carries (9.8 ypc), and Ty Leggett had 76 yards on 14 carries (5.4 ypc)

Meaning Colquitts RB Daijun Edwards, with 119 yards... Had only 15 less yards rushing in just 12 carries...than Vista Murrieta had total yards the entire game.... Lol

VM was #43 in California. North & South combined.

Its funny...

The #38 team in GA, Norcross, almost beat Colquitt the week before losing just 24-21.

But the #43 team in CA, Vista Murrieta, was dominated all game long losing 26-7... Never scoring an offensive point.

Since you decided to ONLY talk about stats that supported your agenda, I wanted the rest of the world to see other stats that don't really support your agenda of dominance against a non top 50 cali team.

Time of possession is nearly equal.

First downs has a slight edge to Colquitt

From the looks of these basic stats alone, the game doesn't resemble the "blowout" as you portray, especially in time of possession.

Colquitt would be the #78th ranked team in CA. They are a top team in GA.

If you think you have top teams, then schedule them, and ignore #1,087 teams from Missouri.

Capture.PNG

29 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol... Sure they play some good teams OOS... But not every time.

Euless Trinity, STA, East... None were great the year DLS played them... Yet DLS lost all 3. 

All what youre saying means... Is that either theres not any good teams in California..... Or DLS never plays them. You cant have it every good way.

3 times in a 6 year span DLS went OOS, lost, and came back to go undefeated in,CA and win the,SBG.

The "DLS would be X in GA" crew... Which is you and Pops.. Are the same people thay thought DLS would smash ETrinity when I was telling u they wouldnt. Pops said DLS wins 34-17... Surprise, ur not,in CA anymore

They also lost to lakeland 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

The same Lakewood who wouldn't play anyone good in the Disney event this year and even turned down a decent opponent to play a scrub 

I was talking about one of Florida's top recruited up teams (Lakewood) when they came to the double O.  Not the maybe top 1000 team in Cali (Lakewood ) that resides in the southern part of our state.  

14 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I know. I just think it's funnier......mainly because Trinity beat DLS and got bounced in the 1st round.

The same Trinity that was a finger tip away from losing to DLS in the Texas heat and humidity playing by different high school football rules than the rest of the world?  The team that also beat the Texas big boy division champ that year?  Oh that ET.   Yes they did take an L there.  Carry on.

14 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Pretty accurate. SJB would've smashed STA in a rematch. I hate when people reference the VERY FIRST game of the season as the defining moment of the ENTIRE year. People continue to do it with DLS and the Trinity (TX) loss. Teams DO improve after the first game of the season. Even after taking some lumps (Miramar) STA improved by the end of the year. Hanging with a top 5-10 FL team in Venice warranted a higher ranking for STA by year's end. I watched the entire SJB/STA game last year and it was sloppy offensively. If SJB's offense was clicking like it normally does they would've run all over STA. That's the chance you take by scheduling a powerhouse right out of the gate. Kudos to both teams for that! Regardless of all of this, CA,FL, and TX remain the big 3 in high school football.

GA is definitely trending up. Top to bottom they are a solid #4 right now and are closing in on the big 3. 

And this my friend, is why you have one of the 2 best polls in the hsfb world.  The other being our own prepgridiron poll.  You get it and view the games with no bias what so ever to either team.  Lets not forget SJB stupidly played an injured Re-Al over the youngster DJ, who went nuts after he took over in the second half of the SJC game and the rest of the year.  Kid still has 2 more years left in high school too.  Great analysis Omaha! 

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I was talking about one of Florida's top recruited up teams (Lakewood) when they came to the double O.  Not the maybe top 1000 team in Cali (Lakewood ) that resides in the southern part of our state.  

Lakewood in FL had a few good players but generally aren't among the elite teams

Do you mean LAKELAND? 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

And this my friend, is why you have one of the 2 best polls in the hsfb world.  The other being our own prepgridiron poll.  You get it and view the games with no bias what so ever to either team.  Lets not forget SJB stupidly played an injured Re-Al over the youngster DJ, who went nuts after he took over in the second half of the SJC game and the rest of the year.  Kid still has 2 more years left in high school too.  Great analysis Omaha! 

It ain't sta fault that the coaches blundered the simple job of knowing which qb to play

That blame rests entirely on SJB