2018 State trending

Sammyswordsman

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

After this statement, you're no longer allowed to talk about Georgia FBall. 

Oh no!! I might lose sleep over this! 

In all seriousness, DLS has been a reputable power (top 5 almost every year) in Cali for almost 30 years now. It is not unreasonable to think they would do the same in GA. I’m certainly not saying GA isn’t a power state. They are! I grew up in the southeast. I know what GA brings to the table. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

In all seriousness, DLS has been a reputable power (top 5 almost every year) in Cali for almost 30 years now. It is not unreasonable to think they would do the same in GA. I’m certainly not saying GA isn’t a power state. They are! I grew up in the southeast. I know what GA brings to the table. 

Just like my guys @HawgGoneIt and @BUFORDGAWOLVES were talking about earlier, there's a reason why that veer offense is played out here in GA. Also, there's  reason why anyone in GA who runs that offense doesn't win. Our defenses know how to defend that shit. And you're crazy as fuck if u think that they'd be a top 5 team every year. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Just like my guys @HawgGoneIt and @BUFORDGAWOLVES were talking about earlier, there's a reason why that veer offense is played out here in GA. Also, there's  reason why anyone in GA who runs that offense doesn't win. Our defenses know how to defend that shit. And you're crazy as fuck if u think that they'd be a top 5 team every year. 

Yep. Just like your best defensive team in the state let IMG drive 80 yards on (13) QB sneaks 

25 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

And you're crazy as fuck if u think that they'd be a top 5 team every year. 

Crazy as fuck, huh!? Okay then. If this is the battle you’re choosing, game on. No team in GA will EVER run the veer like DLS. There’s a reason they won 181 games in a row. Once they get clicking on all cylinders no one beats them, except for trumped up all star teams from the Trinity League. 

For all you other GA guys I’m not trying to diss on your state. GA is a power state. Your FootballGuy has laid out the gauntlet now. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Crazy as fuck, huh!? Okay then. If this is the battle you’re choosing, game on. No team in GA will EVER run the veer like DLS. There’s a reason they won 181 games in a row. Once they get clicking on all cylinders no one beats them, except for trumped up all star teams from the Trinity League. 

For all you other GA guys I’m not trying to diss on your state. GA is a power state. Your FootballGuy has laid out the gauntlet now. 

With all due respect if you look at De La Salle they started becoming vulnerable once they starting leaving Northern California and playing oos

I don't think they get to 151 straight if they had to be in Texas, florida, Georgia, Ohio or even Southern California during that time frame

They probably win a few championships but 151 straight, no way

And it is 151 not 181

12 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Its funny you dont like human polls but rely on CP so much... But who has to input all the data into CP? A human who can be biased just like everyone else....  

But you ignore this... 

I don’t ignore it 

I just accept that it’s still best comparative data source in hsfb 

btw, I don’t hate human polls — I think they are normally about as good +/- as Cp for top 25s or so, which is all most of them do

but without CP we have no source beyond top 25s generally — I think there’s s couple of posters that put out very good polls to 50 or 100, but would guess they use CP AS PART OF their analysis 

saying CP is relevant is not hating human polls — sometimes I use examples in the flaws of human polls just to counter CP antagonists like yourself that try to dismiss CP by citing some egregious (to you) error they’ve made 

25 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

And it is 151 not 181

You’re right. My apologies. Point is you don’t win that many in a row without doing something right. 

Of course, they don’t do that playing in FL, TX, SoCal, GA, or OH. However, a team with that discipline will be top 5 every year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

DLS would definitely be a top 5 team in GA EVERY year. Folsom would've last year and, maybe, a couple of other years. 

As far as challenging Folsom, N. Gwinnett and Rome would've been good games for Folsom last year. With the exception of 2014 every GA state champ would've beaten Folsom. 2014 Colquitt Co/Folsom would've been a great game, though. I might even give the edge to Colquitt in that one. 

Ok

wouldnt argue much however you’ve made my point for me

GA maybe has a couple of teams that would have competed with Folsom last year 

as for the decade, you had to use an amalgamation of teams — CQ in 14/15, Norcross in 12 etc. Folsom had a top 25 (#7 at CP team in 2010, had 2 teams that were just blocked by 2 very good DLS teams in 12/13 (1st/ 6th in comp) from being higher than top 50, a top 5 team in 14, top 25 last year — you had to use the whole state to top it — there’s not one team

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Ok

as for the decade, you had to use an amalgamation of teams — CQ in 14/15, Norcross in 12 etc. Folsom had a top 25 (#7 at CP team in 2010, had 2 teams that were just blocked by 2 very good DLS teams in 12/13 (1st/ 6th in comp) from being higher than top 50, a top 5 team in 14, top 25 last year — you had to use the whole state to top it — there’s not one team

Lol.... Will there ever be a more "Pops" guy than Pops... Rambling about nothing and as clueless as they come.

Nobody but Pops is going to consistently argue for Folsom as being good compared to GAs top teams. Maybe one day when Folsom can beat Sacramento by double digits... 

Whats sad is the only evidence for Folsom we have is 2 home OOS games vs Coeur d'Alene... Which doesn't say much..

Beating NorCal teams doesnt mean anything whatsoever and this point.

Completely forget all of DLS' instate games... Every game against a California team, just pretend none of them ever happened...

Now... Forget the name of their team...they are now a team none of us know, we  call them Team ZJ9 ... They come out of the woodworks to play random squads from around the country every couple years...

(Going back to 2016, when ZJ9 played East UT, to the present.... ZJ9 is 1-4 in meaningful games (aka Non-NorCal)... And 3 of them have been beatdown losses....  A 35-31 Win vs. St. Johns DC, a 23-21 loss to East UT, a 56-33 loss to SJB, A 52-21 loss to Mater Dei, and a 34-7 loss to Bishop Gorman... So 3 of their 4 losses have been by atleast 23 points or more...notice none of those teams are from NorCal.... And it took a 17 point come from behind victory to stave off 0-5... Yet they havent lost in NorCal in 27 years...)

(Im adding the teams' State Ranking at CalPreps in parenthesis)

In the last 10 years, Team ZJ9 is 4-7 OOS...

They are 112-3 in-state in that same time period...

That pretty much says it all...they have more than twice as many losses OOS in 11 games, as they do instate losses in 115 games...

2017: 1-1 ...,ZJ9 finished 11-2

Bishop Gorman NV 34, Team ZJ9 7 ... (NV #1)

Team ZJ9 35, St. Johns DC 31 ... (MD/DC #2)

2016: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 11-2

East (SLC) UT 23, Team ZJ9 21 ... (UT #1... But we know Bingham was really #1 in UT)

2015: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 13-1

Euless Trinity TX 26, Team ZJ9 21 ... (TX #6) 

2014: 1-0 ... ZJ9 finished 14-0

Team ZJ9 56, Byrnes SC 28 ... (SC #4)

2012: 1-0 ... ZJ9 finished 15-0

Team ZJ9 30, Mullen CO 13 ... (CO #7 and #1,266 Nationally) ... (While looking at this game I noticed CalPreps National #50 Vista Murrieta struggled to a 37-26 win over National #631 ThunderRidge CO.... Vista Murrietas ONLY loss was 30-28 to SoCal #1 Corona Centennial... Wowzerbob... 

2011: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 13-1

St. Thomas Aquinas FL 30, Team ZJ9 6 ... (FL #11)

2010: 1-0 ... ZJ9 finished 14-0

Team ZJ9 28, Bishop Gorman NV 14 ... (NV #1 .... BGs other loss was to Hamilton AZ)

2009: 0-2 ... ZJ9 finished 13-2

Don Bosco Prep NJ 30, Team ZJ9 6 ... (NJ #1)

Lakeland FL 31, Team ZJ9 30 ... (FL #11)

2008: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 12-2

Don Bosco Prep NJ 23. Team ZJ9 21 ... (NJ #1)

If you forget their name and history beyond just these games... They,are average top 50-150 team nationally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Its completely unreasonable and moronic... If youre saying theyd dominate the same.

DLS has been that power because they are in NorCal.

They are 4-7 the last 10 years OOS... They are 112-3 in Cali.

Theres a reason for this. DLS is the most overrated team across ANY sport in history.

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

We call false starts, so there's that.

Hahaha

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Traitorous comment....

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Ok

Then ECHS05 boat races your sentiments later in the thread, now take ECHS05 name out of the argument and place it with ABC!@# and then we will.......

Be as dispassionate and factual....

As one could be....

Sentiment free...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I like and respect what DLS has done. Having said that... Saying they'd be top 5 every year is a pretty spectacular claim. We really have nothing to base that on at all. Their win streak didn't include any Georgia top teams, and as ECHS points out, their "force-field" drops when they cross the state line or when an OOS team with kryptonite helmets crosses into their state. 

In short... while they're in Cali, playing Nor-Cal teams, they look like...

Image result for huge muscles

When they leave Cali and the Nor-Cal teams, or invite in an OOS power, they look like...

Image result for scrawny kid flexing

Almost every time they push the OOS button...

Image result for noodle arms gif

xD

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Completely forget all of DLS' instate games... Every game against a California team, just pretend none of them ever happened...

Now... Forget the name of their team...they are now a team none of us know, we  call them Team ZJ9 ... They come out of the woodworks to play random squads from around the country every couple years...

(Going back to 2016, when ZJ9 played East UT, to the present.... ZJ9 is 1-4 in meaningful games (aka Non-NorCal)... And 3 of them have been beatdown losses....  A 35-31 Win vs. St. Johns DC, a 23-21 loss to East UT, a 56-33 loss to SJB, A 52-21 loss to Mater Dei, and a 34-7 loss to Bishop Gorman... So 3 of their 4 losses have been by atleast 23 points or more...notice none of those teams are from NorCal.... And it took a 17 point come from behind victory to stave off 0-5... Yet they havent lost in NorCal in 27 years...)

(Im adding the teams' State Ranking at CalPreps in parenthesis)

In the last 10 years, Team ZJ9 is 4-7 OOS...

They are 112-3 in-state in that same time period...

That pretty much says it all...they have more than twice as many losses OOS in 11 games, as they do instate losses in 115 games...

2017: 1-1 ...,ZJ9 finished 11-2

Bishop Gorman NV 34, Team ZJ9 7 ... (NV #1)

Team ZJ9 35, St. Johns DC 31 ... (MD/DC #2)

2016: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 11-2

East (SLC) UT 23, Team ZJ9 21 ... (UT #1... But we know Bingham was really #1 in UT)

2015: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 13-1

Euless Trinity TX 26, Team ZJ9 21 ... (TX #6) 

2014: 1-0 ... ZJ9 finished 14-0

Team ZJ9 56, Byrnes SC 28 ... (SC #4)

2012: 1-0 ... ZJ9 finished 15-0

Team ZJ9 30, Mullen CO 13 ... (CO #7 and #1,266 Nationally) ... (While looking at this game I noticed CalPreps National #50 Vista Murrieta struggled to a 37-26 win over National #631 ThunderRidge CO.... Vista Murrietas ONLY loss was 30-28 to SoCal #1 Corona Centennial... Wowzerbob... 

2011: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 13-1

St. Thomas Aquinas FL 30, Team ZJ9 6 ... (FL #11)

2010: 1-0 ... ZJ9 finished 14-0

Team ZJ9 28, Bishop Gorman NV 14 ... (NV #1 .... BGs other loss was to Hamilton AZ)

2009: 0-2 ... ZJ9 finished 13-2

Don Bosco Prep NJ 30, Team ZJ9 6 ... (NJ #1)

Lakeland FL 31, Team ZJ9 30 ... (FL #11)

2008: 0-1 ... ZJ9 finished 12-2

Don Bosco Prep NJ 23. Team ZJ9 21 ... (NJ #1)

If you forget their name and history beyond just these games... They,are average top 50-150 team nationally.

This is so agenda driven.What team from GA wouldn’t have a similar record playing these schools at the same time.DBP at their height.STA in 11.BG twice.You don’t have a team in GA that even has the balls to test themselves in such a way yet you try to point and laugh at a team that does.Walk a mile in those shoes first

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol.... Will there ever be a more "Pops" guy than Pops... Rambling about nothing and as clueless as they come.

Nobody but Pops is going to consistently argue for Folsom as being good compared to GAs top teams. Maybe one day when Folsom can beat Sacramento by double digits... 

Whats sad is the only evidence for Folsom we have is 2 home OOS games vs Coeur d'Alene... Which doesn't say much..

Beating NorCal teams doesnt mean anything whatsoever and this point.

This is why I will never endorse anything that includes you as an evaluator

you actually believe this 

the respected evaluators (ie @Omaha Vol @whiteshoes) don’t say stupid stuff like you

youre also wrong about me being isolated in my opinions as I could use human polls to make same point about Folsom v GA top teams — so face it, there’s a 2nd NorCal team better than anyone in GA, which makes it a little tougher to act like Ga is better 

GA is to FL what NorCal is to Socal

• Haha 1