2018 State trending

Sammyswordsman

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Agree.

They have no idea. That offensive scheme does not fly here anymore. I think the last best run veer I have seen run in my area was Thomas County Central back when Charlie Ward was there. They were a tough out usually, but, the defenses here learned how to stop that offense and it slowly faded away. 

DLS runs a great veer, there is no question about that. As long as their line's timing is good with the silent count they use, they will get a few yards, but unless they luck out and get a newbie coach with a weak defensive coordinator, the veer isn't running rampant to the Benz here. 

One of the biggest reasons it is successful is because people don't see it often. Combine that with the way they run it, and it wears down even the best teams. 

To say "it wouldn't fly out here" is extremely disenguneuis considering I don't ever see ANY GA team offering up a game against DLS. 

Keep it real. 

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Georgia ran the veer almost completely out of the state. The mystery of it has been exposed to the defenses in Georgia, especially south Georgia, and DLS wouldn't be anywhere near as successful running that antiquated offensive scheme here. We should have asked Coach Alumbaugh what he honestly thought about how the veer would fare in Georgia. 

The wing-t barely clings onto life here, as again, the best coached teams in Georgia play great assignment defense. 

Personally, I think the Ugly Eagles would stand a better chance with their wacky double wing stuff than would DLS' veer. 

Control LOS, LB’s close outs.... checked out a couple of DLS you tube videos, I can see how the Veer got shut down in Georgia. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Agree.

They have no idea. That offensive scheme does not fly here anymore. I think the last best run veer I have seen run in my area was Thomas County Central back when Charlie Ward was there. They were a tough out usually, but, the defenses here learned how to stop that offense and it slowly faded away. 

DLS runs a great veer, there is no question about that. As long as their line's timing is good with the silent count they use, they will get a few yards, but unless they luck out and get a newbie coach with a weak defensive coordinator, the veer isn't running rampant to the Benz here. 

In the words of the great Bruce Lee “it’s not what you do it’s how well you do it “ hopefully one day we will see how well it’s done

• Like 1

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

One of the biggest reasons it is successful is because people don't see it often. Combine that with the way they run it, and it wears down even the best teams. 

To say "it wouldn't fly out here" is extremely disenguneuis considering I don't ever see ANY GA team offering up a game against DLS. 

Keep it real. 

Disingenuous, that’s a personality trait attributed to Block. 

You do know Block?

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Keep it real. 

If you don't see... it's because you aren't in the know. 

Shoo fly. 

Georgia teams played against extremely well run veer offenses for years and years here. I'd say that the surprise of having not seen it in a while could affect quite a few teams. So that isn't a far fetched thought. 

The worst trouble that the top teams in Georgia would have with DLS is the silent count, fire off in unison line play. The veer is easy. The one yard head start that the O-line manages to get on the D-line is where you need to beat DLS. If you let them get that early yard push every down, you are probably going to lose to them. The line gets a yard, splits the d-line where they want and the rb's pick up 3 or 4 extra... nightmare scenario for any team. 

I have a feeling Folsom will figure that out soon enough. :P

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Corona Centennial would be a good team to send to Georgia. If they played in Georgia week in and out, they'd surely start developing a punter... Or a qb that can pooch punt at least. 

They'd fit right in otherwise. They'd be like a Buford, Grayson, etc. Probably be right in the top ten a lot of the time. 

ROTFLMAO!!!  CEN10 would have y'alls heads spinning from the greatest offense year in and year out in the nation.  Top 10?  LOL Cen10 would become a yearly perennial MNC contender from going constantly undefeated in ga.  However their would be a good thing if they were there.  IMG would be alot closer as they would be the only team east of AZ that could beat them.  Lol  

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Corona Centennial would be a good team to send to Georgia. If they played in Georgia week in and out, they'd surely start developing a punter... Or a qb that can pooch punt at least. 

They'd fit right in otherwise. They'd be like a Buford, Grayson, etc. Probably be right in the top ten a lot of the time. 

Coulda happened this past season. Unfortunately, someone couldn't afford it...smh. 

If GA posters believe they are as good as they are peddling, they wouldn't need to constantly push it.

Everyone would already know it.

Keep that in mind.  

We are modest, humble gracious folk. 

We have no intention of peddling anything. 

We offer rebuttals to speculative bloviating effluent. 

Regards,

C.A.

I have a feeling Folsom will figure that out soon enough.

Folsom has played the DLS veer before, when Browning and Co were all underclassmen. They face the veer every year against Jesuit. 

I have a feeling DLS will be shocked by the size and speed of Folsom next year. They aren't ranked where they are for no reason. 

Folsom would be the #1 team in GA all day and twice on Sunday. 

Georgia teams played against extremely well run veer offenses for years and years here. I'd say that the surprise of having not seen it in a while could affect quite a few teams. So that isn't a far fetched thought. 

The worst trouble that the top teams in Georgia would have with DLS is the silent count, fire off in unison line play. The veer is easy. The one yard head start that the O-line manages to get on the D-line is where you need to beat DLS. If you let them get that early yard push every down, you are probably going to lose to them. The line gets a yard, splits the d-line where they want and the rb's pick up 3 or 4 extra... nightmare scenario for any team. 

I have a feeling Folsom will figure that out soon enough. :P

I’m gonna roll with our superior speed, quickness, strength on the LOS will negate any of the discipline DLS has to present. 

DLS may jump and win one, like Tech does occasionally but not often. 

However, I’m picking DLS over Folsom by 10. I don’t give two sloppy wet shits what Cal Preps thinks about Folsom. 

Regards,

C.A.

• Like 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m gonna roll with our superior speed, quickness, strength on the LOS will negate any of the discipline DLS has to present. 

DLS may jump and win one, like Tech does occasionally but not often. 

However, I’m picking DLS over Folsom by 10. I don’t give two sloppy wet shits what Cal Preps thinks about Folsom. 

Regards,

C.A.

Calpreps seems to hate GA. No love at all. And you guys don't like it. 

We all have to accept our place in life. 

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The problem is nobody is seeing what you guys are peddling. 

I fail to see the problem. 

You said haven't seen any  Georgia teams offering to play DLS. 

I said idc what you didn't see. If you didn't see it, you weren't in the know. 

Now, nobody is seeing. I disagree. Some people saw. You just weren't one of them. Every team out there doesn't deploy the ree ree method that Folsom deployed this off season. Some teams keep their cards close to the vest and don't send out folks to act out like total jerks. Those teams keep the back channels open and display respect so that these types of matchups could still occur some time in the future if the stars align. 

Y'all got lucky... or unlucky, and the Folsom fan scorched earth method got y'all a shot, but no body respects how that went down. 

• Like 1

Keep it real. 

We don't see DLS trying to come down to the south to play Georgia's best teams, either. 

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Folsom has played the DLS veer before, when Browning and Co were all underclassmen. They face the veer every year against Jesuit. 

I have a feeling DLS will be shocked by the size and speed of Folsom next year. They aren't ranked where they are for no reason. 

Folsom would be the #1 team in GA all day and twice on Sunday. 

Only on your dream machine in your mind. 

Regards,

C.A.