555x9 bench press

ChimpGrip

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 12:57 PM, 1DayPGA said:

He made that look easy. With his size/frame I think Kiril will rep. 800 raw shattering his own world record.  

He probably will at some point. 99.9% of people can’t comprehend how hard (and amazing) it would be to reach 800 raw. It would force us to trash the word “limit”.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Wow, smooth bench!!!

Raw, no less. 

Yep. And then you have all of the physically average NFL fans drooling over prospects repping 225 a bunch of times and calling it a “feat of strength” 😂

I know, bad comparison. I felt like trashing the fact that people do that.

Kirill saves 225 for curls (not joking)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yep. And then you have all of the physically average NFL fans drooling over prospects repping 225 a bunch of times and calling it a “feat of strength” 😂

I know, bad comparison. I felt like trashing the fact that people do that.

Kirill saves 225 for curls (not joking)

two and quarter curls, wow!

bahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Good enough. There may not be an NFL player that can touch him in the weight room though. The video below demonstrates incredible power. 

Come on Chimp, the NFL guys aren't training for just pure strength.  It's all translated to the football field, so in that case their strength is impressive.  Their athleticism is  incredible when you factor strength, vertical, speed and agility.

now, that being said this guy is freakishly strong!

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Come on Chimp, the NFL guys aren't training for just pure strength.  It's all translated to the football field, so in that case their strength is impressive.  Their athleticism is  incredible when you factor strength, vertical, speed and agility.

But what this guy is doing isn’t human. I made this thread out of boredom to bash those idiots who call repping 225xreps a “feat of strength”

All in all, Kirill is extraordinary.

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

But what this guy is doing isn’t human. I made this thread out of boredom to bash those idiots who call repping 225xreps a “feat of strength”

My buddy benched 220 61 times last week. He’s a former strongman competitor. Changing up his training. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yeah but does he know Bifurcation theory and it's many applications?  

Btw, how is your studies going?

• Like 1

There is a substantial difference between...power and strength.  Usually...they don't go hand and hand.   I have swapped my workouts to a strength building regimen and less of a power building one.  It just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

5 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

My buddy benched 220 61 times last week. He’s a former strongman competitor. Changing up his training. 

Sheeeeaaat

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

There is a substantial difference between...power and strength.  Usually...they don't go hand and hand.   I have swapped my workouts to a strength building regimen and less of a power building one.  It just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Curling mimosas don't count, Islander!

Regards

BGW

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Sheeeeaaat

Curling mimosas don't count, Islander!

Regards

BGW

I don't curl mimosas.  

I will curl a craft beer,  a margarita(s),  a snifter of bourbon, a glass of wine or small jar of Lime Sink Elixir...but I don't do mimosas.

You've met me.  You know I'm older than Moses.  You know I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time.  BUT....I might just make you shake your head lifting on the bench press.  

Navy Seal Frog Juice rules.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:52 AM, World Citizen said:

Yeah but does he know Bifurcation theory and it's many applications?  

Btw, how is your studies going?

That is true lol. Very likely he doesn’t know. 

Studies have gone terrible actually. Since I’ve started my new internship, I have not done much reading at all. I am disappointed in myself but I’m going to start forcing it. My language learning has gone down the drain a bit too. Also very disappointing. I look at the number of days wasted and wonder how good I could be if I did it every day. Changes coming though.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:03 PM, Rufus69 said:

I’m fully aware of that, I thought it would be fitting to use the word regardless of the actual differences. 

6 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

That is true lol. Very likely he doesn’t know. 

Studies have gone terrible actually. Since I’ve started my new internship, I have not done much reading at all. I am disappointed in myself but I’m going to start forcing it. My language learning has gone down the drain a bit too. Also very disappointing. I look at the number of days wasted and wonder how good I could be if I did it every day. Changes coming though.

Don't be too hard on yourself, take a deep breathe and breathe again.  Now back to your studies.  Good luck.  

• Like 1