Obscure Music Thread

HawgGoneIt

Just now, noonereal said:

I though you were making a funny because their costumers are so outlandish. No one could possible not notice them which is the opposite of obscure. 

I think you better grab another coffee. ;)

Well as was stated obscure and music is up the ear of the person.

I have stated i dont listen to music too often. And when i do i listen to about 2 genres of it. 

My interpretation of obscure would be music that you aren't hearing over the am/fm radio stations on the norm.

Also, perhaps music that isn't easily fit into a cut and dried genre. 

I know some folks posted zep and some more easily placed music, but what's a guy to do? Post Neil Young in a heavy metal thread?

:P

13 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Here's one I posted maybe a month or so ago, but don't know if anybody watched.

I absolutely love them. They are gaining popularity very fast due to their unique sound. They are a Cincinnati duo that mix the Sitar with other instruments and electronic instruments.  Their name is Dawg Yawp.

Pretty unique sounds. I actually like it. 

I'm pretty weird though. xD

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Actually saw this guy at a silent orchestra in the middle of time square back in August. Weird sounds

Not really sure what I think of this one. It's definitely different. It has moments where I thought it was about to click in and find my range and then... idk. I'll have to try it again when I'm in some different mood. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not really sure what I think of this one. It's definitely different. It has moments where I thought it was about to click in and find my range and then... idk. I'll have to try it again when I'm in some different mood. 

i watched it and i wasted 5 minutes of my Life

Who runs this place lol   xD

• Like 2

Did someone say obscure???  Tell me the guy on the keytar isn't a young William H Macy...

This one actually has given me a newfound appreciation of Tiny Tim, which is a testament to how a legendary pop song with some awesome organ work can go (not that I'm saying it's good, merely interesting).

Again, a legendary pop classic in an unexpected cover.  I'm a big fan of Big Star and Alex Chilton is one of the more interesting, non-front page guys in rock history.