Obscure Music Thread

HawgGoneIt

36 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

yo @HawgGoneIt thought of you last night (NH). went to see these cats:

I was thoroughly entertained. When the lead guy is pushing the violinist and the guy playing the accordion off the stage I was thinking, wtf is going on, then the rat tail guy showed up and I was like, hmm, this might get interesting with some weird rap or metal of something and the guy just yelled "aaaaaaargh!" and then stared at the audience like "aaaand?!" I laughed on that. 

Good stuff.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 12:33 AM, I AM IRONMAN said:

Ha!  I had hair like the guy driving...oh the 80's!!

On 1/14/2017 at 12:51 AM, Cossacks said:

Right there with you slick. Sounds like we both made the All 80's Mullet team xD! Peg those acid washed 501's.

You guys mean that you cut your mullets off? 

I must be behind the times. 

xD

I joke. I haven't had a mullet since... oh, about, last May. 

I joke. 

Lost that thing about '94 or so I guess. 

• Haha 1

A Norwegian comedy group, but still something brilliant in the use of appliances as percussion.

Not necessarily obscure  (members were formerly of Depeche Mode and if you were enough of a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan to see Can't Hardly Wait you may recognize from that movie) but still not something you hear everyday.

Same song, this time a capella and by a group of average British dudes.

Band where John Waite of Missing You fame got his start. Fashion statement for all times at 2:47 mark.

British prog rock band fronted by a guy who went by the stage name Fish (given name was Derrick Dick, so Fish does seem like an improvement until you consider that can very easily be turned into Fish Dick). And yes, they are singing "dilly dilly" during the chorus.

• Haha 1

How come I missed this zombie thread? Skimmed thru it and not a bad selection....

should rejuvenate more of these and get the circle-jerks and carpet-bombs off the front page JMO

As this looks to be a connoisseurs selection, and as Ironman already dropped more Jersey shore tunes than bad habits (yea what exit LOL but you can't call those 'obscure' down there..)  I thought I would try a different direction ....

does  connoisseur DJ nooner approve?

Always better live though....here's at Budokan...

Guitar lessons anyone? LOL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This group the Pixies is pretty good. There are other versions , no official version of this video out there, but this version, made by just some guy, with a couple of his pets the stars, is somehow, well... Pretty damn ok. 

I’ve seen them in concert. Fantastic show. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@dbcaptiron

I'll see your Yngwie Malmsteen and raise you a Justin Johnson...

Time for a little head cuttin'! 

That's a pick with some pickin'....great call...

Stuff like his 'simple man' cut are 'tits all day' LOL

Yes ...long for the day when musicans that can actually play, make their way to the top of the charts again....

Not that many can't...but would just rather hear it more often...

Kudos on the selections Hawg...they work nice in the background when posting :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

That's a pick with some pickin'....great call...

Stuff like his 'simple man' cut are 'tits all day' LOL

Yes ...long for the day when musicans that can actually play, make their way to the top of the charts again....

Not that many can't...but would just rather hear it more often...

Kudos on the selections Hawg...they work nice in the background when posting :D

His version of Simple Man is pretty damn good. 

I also like his New Orleans Swamp Blues on the fretless guitar. A little heavy on the reverb, but near the end when he's playing with the tuning and reverb on the amp and control pedal etc. is a trip. Probably around the 4 and half minute mark or so.  Just shows off his ear and talent with the instruments at his disposal. 

• 3 months later...